Flash Animators?

Got questions about this site or anything related to it? There ya go.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

M Joel
latency
latency

Flash Animators?

Postby M Joel » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:36 pm

Hello. I am new here, and I just decided to ask you guys a question.

Is there an area of this forum where I could find (If not, do you know where I could find) a freelance flash animator?

See, me and my friend are independant filmmakers, and aren't a true company or anything, but are hoping to start up a small entertainment website to host our own independeant movies.

We are both fastinated with flash, and have tried to animate in the program, and we just suck.

Oh, I'm sure we'll get better over time, but we would really like to have some animated films in our site as well, and are looking for someone who is good at Flash MX animating, and wouldn't mind doing stuff for us.

The only reason we are wanting freelance only is because we are basicaly kids, and simply don't have the money to pay people, or else we would. It's not that we don't appriciate what people do for us, we simply can't pay. :( one day if we become true filmmakers, we'll have all the money we want, but not now.

Anyway, if I am asking the impossible, I'll understand, but at least reply here to tell me one way or the other, thanks in advance,

--M.

HeckBilly
elmo molester

Postby HeckBilly » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:23 pm

Well, it would help if you told more about the project, maybe showed previous work etc. If people are interested enough, it's incredible what they'll do for free.

M Joel
latency
latency

Postby M Joel » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:30 pm

Well, that's the thing, though.

I never had any luck finding someone before, so I tossed any previouse ideas of a flash project. I would have to take a script that I wrote, and decide which one would look good in flash, anyway, but I just wanted an "ok" from someone first, so that I didn't feel like I was writing a script for nothing.

As for previouse projects . . . . . . zip.

I'm in a pickle, I think.

Abstrakt
divine
divine

Postby Abstrakt » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:00 am

Sorry, can't think of anyone who would help out, unless you can come up with like 20 bucks to give to this guy at www.oddtodd.com because he's unemploeid.

Good luck with the independant film making thing anyway.

M Joel
latency
latency

Postby M Joel » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:28 pm

Thanks :) On this one guy's site, he says that he'll do projects freelance, but I can't get a reply from him even though I sent an E-Mail. Anyway, hopefully I'll find someone who wants to help out.

Do you think that if I offered to show a script of what im trying to do, I might have better luck? Also, I'm dumb, but is it free to join the DeviantArt.com forums? thanks,

--M.

Abstrakt
divine
divine

Postby Abstrakt » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:17 pm

keep e-mailing. He'll answear. He's probably asleep thts all

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:00 pm

M Joel wrote:is it free to join the DeviantArt.com forums?

Yes, it's free to join DeviantArt.

Abstrakt
divine
divine

Postby Abstrakt » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:46 am

Has Todd responded to your e-mails yet M?

M Joel
latency
latency

Postby M Joel » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:10 pm

killuall wrote:Has Todd responded to your e-mails yet M?

Todd? :?

Well, the guy i was emailing is the creator of www.arrogancy.net , and he came up with some excuse to turn me down, so I just said forget it. I'm looking into machinima animation now. don't suppose ne1 here knows about hacking game engins, do they? lol.

Abstrakt
divine
divine

Postby Abstrakt » Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:13 am

Hmm... That not nice. I never he knew he made that site.

Return to “Questions”