is WoW something worth getting into?

If you want to talk about video games, here's the place for it.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

stapledxlungs
damaged
damaged

is WoW something worth getting into?

Postby stapledxlungs » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:20 am

I hear a lot about it so now I'm kind of interested. what do you guys think, is it fun or lame?

JamesOrvell
damaged
damaged

Postby JamesOrvell » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:16 am

[REDACTED]
Last edited by JamesOrvell on Thu May 05, 2011 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:43 am

Beware, it's the heroin of computer games. I know a few people that do WoW, some people that got off it, but I personally am not touching it with a 3 feet pole.

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:32 pm

I personally would like to try it, I have a few friends that always talk about it in my third hour.
For all we know humans are just weapons created by the world.
Yonaka Sanryu - This thread makes the EMOs slit their wrists.

StuGa
deformed
deformed

Postby StuGa » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:07 pm

I´ve played it for a few months... and i would say don´t touch it... if you think about it, it is a boring game... everytime the same quests and you just got owned from freaks which are playing the game 24 / 7.

But If you start playing it it is like Heretik said " heroin ".
Art is an extension of the soul. If you can not draw you are soulless.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:59 pm

anyone wanting to try it out, download it off of torrents and play on a cracked server first, think of that, add tons of people, and you've got the game, who the people are depends from server to server, so whether paying for it or not, try out multiple servers.
Music over Matter

stapledxlungs
damaged
damaged

Postby stapledxlungs » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:12 pm

maybe i will, maybe i won't. i was just interested in what it was like and if it was fun or not. i probably wouldn't take it seriously lol.

bird7795
divine
divine

Postby bird7795 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:38 pm

putting up the cash and time for this game is not worth it.
but yeah, i'm a recovering addict.

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:13 am

[/somebullshit]

obskewer
divine
divine

Postby obskewer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:17 am

My friend is addicted to WoW. Just the name itself is intising. I suggest using the trial version before you buy.

There have actualoly been divorces over people that play that game too much. People lose their freakin house over WoW.. Wtf?

ardizt
Captain Evil Stomper

Postby ardizt » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:28 am

I am currently downloading World Of Warcraft 10-day Free Trial. If you dont see me online for the next 2-days, call 911

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:45 pm

Oh my... there goes another great MD member... :/

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:50 pm

Have some faith in his constitution, man.
[/somebullshit]

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:01 pm

flu, there's been marriages due to WoW and in WoW as well, as well as one or two funerals.
Music over Matter

obskewer
divine
divine

Postby obskewer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:04 pm

Yes, I know there are that many people into it. But when you escape from reality enough to let it effect your personal life, you kinda have to figure what's more important. [/experience]

ardizt
Captain Evil Stomper

Postby ardizt » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:38 pm

Today I found out WHY people are so "addicted" to this game. I was playing around with my warlock (by nick ArdyDaWarlok), and suddenly some midget attacked me. I got bored and tried to log out, but oh snap, it wouldn't let me! A red text started to flash on the screen, that said "Can't log out now!"

No wonder people cant stop playing it, because you dont play it, it plays you!

AzaraGore
undetermined
undetermined

Postby AzaraGore » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:01 am

I was addicted to WoW for awhile but when I came to realise it's just an upscaed version of runescape I quit. I never was reay into games you have to buid up your character, I always stayed in the low numbers and sold things for money to get around.

God! When I first played I coudn't stop, I mean these itte spider things kept killing me makign me want to pay more and build up my char so I can defeat them and finish my quest.

The only time I get on now is if my friend is on, and I can't even tell if he's on anymore because he usaly signs onto msn first but I have spoken to him in almost a month now so he might be gone for good ._.

[Was a night elf something, and a undead warlock]
KILL. DESTORY. MURDER.

ninholic33
latency
latency

Postby ninholic33 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:27 am

i was interested in playing it at one point, but the fact that you have to pay for it is ridiculous.
- Bullets are eyes to our flesh

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:30 am

Yes, the very idea that a business would want to make money is unthinkable.
[/somebullshit]

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:09 am

Frosty wrote:Yes, the very idea that a business would want to make money is unthinkable.

It's a minority in that it's an online PC game that not only costs money to initially buy, but then costs more money to play online. It's a lame notion you have to pay a monthly fee for its use when other online games are free.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:14 am

it's far from unique, most paid for mmorpgs have a monthly fee.
also, if you see it per-hour, it's cheaper than going to a movie, so who cares?

i pay per month, one month i pay/play, if i'm bored with it the next, i just don't pay.
Music over Matter

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Guitar_clock wrote:It's a lame notion you have to pay a monthly fee for its use when other online games are free.

It works. though, considering the damn empire that blizzard has created from the hordes of people who do pay. It's not undoable, or even that difficult.
I guess I should have pointed out that it's natural for a company to want to make tons of money.
[/somebullshit]

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:19 pm

it's nigh undoable to make another mmo like this tho, the hype and timing of wow was perfect.
Music over Matter

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:20 pm

Azgarth wrote:it's far from unique, most paid for mmorpgs have a monthly fee.
also, if you see it per-hour, it's cheaper than going to a movie, so who cares?

Well where I come from movies are expensive and are saved for seldom occasions. ::shrug:: I don't like the game anyways.

Gravesent
For Whom The Bell Tolls

Postby Gravesent » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:52 pm

Frosty wrote:This is better.

2 Moons is certainly not better, and it may be free but in order to make some real progress in the game without spending all day playing you have to buy stuff with real money from the item shop, and you can end up spending far more than WoW monthly fee.

WoW is so far the best online gaming experience I've come across, and believe me I've tried a lot of games.

Guild Wars may not have a monthly fee but it's primitive compared to WoW, 2 Moons is just a mindless grinding game where you just kill tons of mobs only to level up just to kill more tons of mobs.

Eve Online is cool but it requires a lot of patience and concentration, Warhammer Online shows a lot of promise but is still no where close to WoW when it comes to how well classes are balanced and looks more like WoW did in it's infancy and Age of Conan is probably the biggest disappointment that hit the MMO world in a long time.

LoTR Online is actually a WoW clone that does a decent job but if you want to play a WoW-like game, why not play WoW?

The thing is WoW redefined MMO's it brought tons of innovations that many other games still didn't pick up.

So far WoW is the undisputed champion, if you want to play an MMO it's the best choice.

As for addiction, I've been playing for 3 or 4 years, I still didn't manage to get a character to lvl 80, because I don't play too often, I purchase a month of game time once every few months and recently, with the addition of Wrath of The Lich King my laptop became to weak to run the game at a decent performance.

The point is, it depends on you, I never had a "WoW addiction" phaze, I enjoy the game from time to time and that's it, what's grate about WoW is that you can play it day by day, 24/7 or you can play it from time to time and still get results (I myself level very slow because I like engineering and fishing too much but one can level and make progress a lot faster while playing the same amount of time I do).
Order, symmetry, discipline and balance.

Return to “Video Games”