Dungeons & Dragons Online Unlimited

If you want to talk about video games, here's the place for it.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Dungeons & Dragons Online Unlimited

Postby Davion Fuxa » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:57 am

Well, as hinted I have gone and tried DDO, after playing DFO. Seems like an interesting MMORPG so far, though I'll have to see how it is later to truly get a feel for it. Beginning though it is pretty good.

So question, does anyone play this game, or have delved into it to see what it was about?
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

obskewer
divine
divine

Postby obskewer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:15 am

I've seen it being played. Not too impressed.. I'll stick with Final Fantasy if I want to play an RPG.

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:17 am

Well, I've played for a least a week. I believe that in retrospect to the board game, Dungeons & Dragons Online is amazingly close. Of course, that's only good if you like all aspects of Dungeons & Dragons.

I don't know whether to hate the paid for stuff, or love it - but this game isn't like other f2p games with items shops, because their is still a lot of f2p content, and you don't feel weaker then those who pay subscriptions.

Though of course, it does take a little getting use to, and requires an extensive amount of attention. You can't really play this game for hour, because you just won't get anything really done if you do. This is one of those games that you would have to pump at least 3 hours per session, to accomplish stuff.

I can say however that I like the game play, turned off by the sounds or music, or feeling like I'm grinding as I do in other MMORPG's. So I'll stick to DDO for a little while.
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:47 am

board game?
DnD isn't a boardgame... it fits in with paranoia, white wolf's stuff, GRUPS and the others in the roleplaying game niche. sure, more recent versions of dnd have used miniatures more intensely, but you can still play without them if you want. all you really need is some paper and a pencil.
Music over Matter

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:02 pm

We had a DnD without paper and pencil (we just wanted to role play) and it went HORRIBLE....fisting your vagina for a sword, like you know, that would have worked. :roll:
For all we know humans are just weapons created by the world.
Yonaka Sanryu - This thread makes the EMOs slit their wrists.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:23 pm

bad group then?
i had a very short stint of playing with a few people at school (the school consisted of 9 or so people, three, a teacher and myself played), DM'd was well, was fun enough.
problem was the complete style clash. one of em had a great imagination, but absolutely no control, leading to rocks fall everyone dies but with horses, which were overcame when we started talking about the physics about it (ANYTHING was doable with enough BS). another changed rules on the fly more often than most people blink their eyes, and i was thought too strict with rules (no, you CAN'T shapeshift into an eagle and peck the dragon's eyes out with one roll of a d20 all in one round).
the whole difference in style from humour/no humour/adult humour/other is a big part too, and the sex/rape/other/prostitution or not thing.
Music over Matter

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:43 am

No it was a alright group, but it was around 3am and we were fooling around anyways.
For all we know humans are just weapons created by the world.

Yonaka Sanryu - This thread makes the EMOs slit their wrists.

daemon
divine
divine

Postby daemon » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:54 pm

I know this is old but I thought I'd say, I rather enjoy DDO. Guild Wars was too Linear, never could afford WOW. Last Chaos was cheesy, amung others.
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam.

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:07 pm

I've been playing this game for at least over a solid month. It has that Guild Wars feeling but there is a great deal of repetitious action sadly. Though you can repeat those actions differently, and it is possible to take different actions to level your characters.

The only problem with this game is the learning curve. It takes way too damn long to learn how to play DDO.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:53 pm

I'm no diviner, so I have no idea where you will buy it.
I know I'm a jerk, but I couldn't resist.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

daemon
divine
divine

Postby daemon » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:22 pm

You could download it here, for free..

http://www.ddo.com/

Unless you'd rather just pay for it...[/url]

Return to “Video Games”