New (Elder Scrolls) Skyrim Screenshots

If you want to talk about video games, here's the place for it.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Palmer
damaged
damaged

New (Elder Scrolls) Skyrim Screenshots

Postby Palmer » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:55 am

;)

These are just the PC screenshots, but I imagine that the console screenshots are similar...
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Screenshots and Pics | ign.com

Here's some of them from the above link:
http://img.freeih.com/galleries/2011-02/11234855.jpg

http://img.freeih.com/galleries/2011-02/11234846.jpg

http://img.freeih.com/galleries/2011-02/11234842.jpg

I think they improved a lot on the antialiasing, textures, facial features and a few other things since the last Elder Scrolls game (Oblivion).

Fun little fact about this game, one of the features they're adding in Skyrim is a new skill... Dragon slaying. :D
Apparently, you can also speak their language which unlocks some kind of enchantments for your character.
Last edited by Palmer on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:48 am

GI had like a seven million page spread on it that I have read multiple times.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:38 am

skyrim got me massively excited, ever since MW i wanted to visit that place.
the news about it though, makes me fear it's just gonna be "oblivion in snow!!!", which rather sucks. i want a good story, atmospheric world, something not cloned a thousand times, actual rpg mechanics, not "fps with melee weapons", level matters, rather than making a superpowered level 1 character. OB gave none of that. skyrim HAS changed the whole leveling thing, but i'm not sure it'll change it for the better. and the whole dragon thing? ugh.

eh, i guess i still can't overcome my love for morrowind. by the time skyrim is out i'll be yelling at kids to get off my lawn.
Music over Matter

Ashreal
divine
divine

Postby Ashreal » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:41 pm

Looks pretty juicy to me.......... (i was looking at the blonde)
For those that fight for it, life has a flavour that the sheltered will never know.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:14 am

Holy sheeeiiiit!!

Palmer
damaged
damaged

Postby Palmer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Azgarth wrote:skyrim got me massively excited, ever since MW i wanted to visit that place.
the news about it though, makes me fear it's just gonna be "oblivion in snow!!!", which rather sucks. i want a good story, atmospheric world, something not cloned a thousand times, actual rpg mechanics, not "fps with melee weapons", level matters, rather than making a superpowered level 1 character. OB gave none of that. skyrim HAS changed the whole leveling thing, but i'm not sure it'll change it for the better. and the whole dragon thing? ugh.

eh, i guess i still can't overcome my love for morrowind. by the time skyrim is out i'll be yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

I think the whole dragon slaying thing is [going to be] a cool addition.
I've always thought it would be much cooler if Oblivion and Morrowind had areas with dragons in them.
I'd guess the leveling system is going to be more like Fallout 3 or New Vegas- but I hope not, because I honestly like the leveling system of Oblivion and Morrowind better. Makes more sense if you do something enough, you get better in it- not if you kill enough that you get better in whatever you want to. That's how I see it anyways.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:26 pm

there's mods for both with dragons, and i know mw has a mod for ridable ones.
the leveling system of OB was nothing like MW's. MW's was nice, the one in OB is horrible.
in ob, the strongest char was made by picking stuff you WON'T use as your primary stats, and then never use them. you'd remain level one. all enemies scale to level, so they'd remain level one too. meaning you could have maxed stats while everyone else was as weak as when you made the car, killing anything with one blow.
only thing shitty about MW was the whole hitting system, which used a dice roll as well.
Music over Matter

Palmer
damaged
damaged

Postby Palmer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:45 pm

I thought Morrowind's was the same for (or similar to) Oblivion's? It's been a while since I've played that, but I like Oblivion's more than Fallout 3's leveling system- as you can level in stuff that you didn't even do.

There is also a dragon mod in Oblivion where you can ride it and use it as storage... But that one doesn't allow 'dragon slaying' like others do or like Skyrim does. ;)
I have to say, Oblivion is much more fun with the dragon, but it's like a cheat since it is way too easy to obtain.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:13 pm

basically if you put F3 on one end and MW on the other, OB would fall about in the middle.
you can level in stuff like that in OB too, the only difference is that you'll gain stats outside of the levelup too.
my main problem with OB is the leveling of the npc's though. if you level normally, it'll never get harder or easier. all areas are equally difficult, whenever, wherever. it sucks. NV moved a bit away from it, one of the great many reasons to prefer it to F3, for example.
beth, i'm afraid, has never surpassed or even equaled their feat of strength that is morrowind.
Music over Matter

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Azgarth wrote:beth, i'm afraid, has never surpassed or even equaled their feat of strength that is morrowind.

qfe&t
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Palmer
damaged
damaged

Postby Palmer » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:08 am

Ah, yes I hate the NPC's leveling too. I just used a mod so that each NPC had reasonably fixed levels + another which made it so there were actually more creatures in the woods rather than a couple deer and a wolf on one side and a minotaur on the other. ;)
Just to add a little more realism and make it more challenging. It would have been much better if they had Oblivion that way instead.

There is also a mod for Morrowind, in case you don't know, where it adds Oblivion-esque graphics, so the textures and such look a bit more realistic.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:47 pm

i know, mods like that been out for ages. recently a really big one roared his head, then was squashed since he didn't get express permission from the original makes of the various mods he used in his big pack. there's another big one g oing 'round lately, too.
Music over Matter

daemon
divine
divine

Postby daemon » Sun May 08, 2011 11:31 pm

I never put more than 20 hours into MW. My thiefy rouge couldn't kill fucking shit. I had it on the xbox, and even with "Use best attack" turned on, I couldn't kill shit.

Oblivion, on the other hand, if you picked you skills right and turned the difficulty up, it proved a good challenge all the way through.

I think some foes shouldn't level past a certain point, it's no right to be fighting bandits who are all carrying around mith armor and daedric weapons. And why can't I fight on horseback!?

And I'd like to fish.

mathewdisoza
latency
latency

Postby mathewdisoza » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:08 pm

That's amazingly be used to make the textures and such look a bit more realistic
Pet insurance

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:06 pm

Oblivion, on the other hand, if you picked you skills right and turned the difficulty up, it proved a good challenge all the way through.

if you picked the skills you actually used, the difficulty curve messed up something fierce in a while. if you picked skills you DIDN'T use it became piss easy after level 3 or so.
Music over Matter

Return to “Video Games”