Dwarf Fortress

If you want to talk about video games, here's the place for it.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Dwarf Fortress

Postby Davion Fuxa » Fri May 25, 2012 3:47 pm

Recently I got into Dwarf Fortress, and have been playing it so much, I've put off starting Diablo III!

For those who don't know what it is, Dwarf Fortress is a a sandbox managing game. It's similar to Minecraft in that Minecraft actually used Dwarf Fortress as one of the base games it was made off of, but you have a bunch of Dwarves that you can only indirectly control.

If your for direct control though, there is a second mode called Adventure Mode where you take direct control of a character and go adventuring with it.

The game is still in Alpha and there is still a lot to be developed but the game is fun to play even as it is now incomplete.

I know someone else in here had mentioned if anyone played Dwarf Fortress, and I can surely say I play it; but am I alone?
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sat May 26, 2012 4:19 pm

I stumbled over dwarf fortress a few years ago. Started playing, but didn't really get into it. Handed it to my then-girlfriend who got really (really) hooked. Last thing I know she's still into it. To this day I feel like a dirty, dirty heroin dealer. I still don't play it myself but I love the stories that happen.

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Sun May 27, 2012 3:44 am

You might look into it again, a lot has been added. Personally I play the Adventure Mode quite a bit, to the point that I've actually begun to do a Let's Play of it.
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

harold12beache
latency
latency

Postby harold12beache » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Davion Fuxa wrote:You might look into it again, a lot has been added. Personally I play the Adventure Mode quite a bit, to the point that I've actually begun to do a Let's Play of it.

thanks for sharing...

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:08 am

Yeah, I play on and off. I have to use a visual expansion, though; the iconography hurts my eyes.
S. [Burned] Y. wrote:Zyn, please stop telling the special ed kids of your school about this place.

Voly wrote:You just earned back all the many, many points I've taken away from you (mentally) since you've been here.

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:55 pm

Zyn wrote:Yeah, I play on and off. I have to use a visual expansion, though; the iconography hurts my eyes.

Know what you mean, which graphics pack do you enjoy?

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:04 pm

It's been a while since I changed it, but I'm apparently currently using "Phoebus".
S. [Burned] Y. wrote:Zyn, please stop telling the special ed kids of your school about this place.

Voly wrote:You just earned back all the many, many points I've taken away from you (mentally) since you've been here.

Return to “Video Games”