sort of
14%

Total votes: 7

GothPineapple
latency
latency

MEEEEEE!!!!!

Postby GothPineapple » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:05 pm

Hey, all! wassup? im new here, and i kinda dont kno wtf im doin! :P if u have aye advice. please post here with it!

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:17 pm

GothPineapple wrote:Hey, all! wassup? im new here, and i kinda dont kno wtf im doin! :P if u have aye advice. please post here with it!

Okay, here's some advice. Read the forum guidelines.

1. Try to use better grammar.
2. Don't post in annoying colours.
3. Don't double-post.

It's all in there:

Spelling/Grammar
"This is not a IM chat. Just posting to say "lol" or writing "u" instead of "you" makes you look like a retard."
If you're going to take the time to post on a forum your input, at least take the time to write out your words. We don't want to see a smiley face for a post, 'lol' with nothing else added in the post or "u r gay" m, u, r, n, o, ne1, u 2, c u, g 2 hell... and all those one lettered words/abbreviations. You may use them simply because you're too lazy to type or think that doing so is what the 'cool' people do online.. or you're simply illiterate. We like to use our brains and read actual words on the forums. l8r, ttyl, lylas, phuck or 24/7 1337 talk is unacceptable.. Save it for the Instant Messages, Not the forums.

Don't post in annoying colors
I'm talking colors of Black, blue, indigo, Red and all the other colors that are really hard on the eyes and you have to highlight to read. Don't worry, your post will get read regardless if it's in default color. If you post in these colors just to be different, You will get reconized.. as very annoying.

Don't use a bunch of dots in your post. We don't know what this means and it's absolutely ridiculous to bother holding your finger on one key to somehow emphasize the meaning of your post which probally isn't worth reading anyway. E.g.
...... watched 2 girls make out at da mall.........................

The EDIT button
It's located at the top-right hand corner of your posts.
Always 'EDIT your original post instead of making another one. If you double posted, DELETE one of the posts.
If you're gonna quote more than one person, do it in the same post.'
We hate to scroll all the way down one page to read that the same person has posted multiple times with nonsense that they wanted to add to their previous post. That's why we have the EDIT button. Use it.

In case you're curious as to what else you can do in order to actually be respected, here's a link to the guidelines:

Forum Guidelines
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Fetus
distorted
distorted

Postby Fetus » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 am

Ello Ello.

Why did you make this a poll?

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:41 am

Cause he's a newbie.
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”