I'm new. I'm lost. I'm scared.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

JamesOrvell
damaged
damaged

Ello everyone!

Postby JamesOrvell » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:59 am

[REDACTED]
Last edited by JamesOrvell on Thu May 05, 2011 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

obskewer
divine
divine

Postby obskewer » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:40 am

Welcome to MD, brotha. I'm glad you decided to put some thought into your introduction, and didn't just spit some mindless sparatic crap like you were talking to friends on IM.

Kudos, and enjoy your stay here :)

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:20 am

You seem reasonable enough...welcome. I think you should be safe from Jack and Davion :lol:

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:26 am

Welcome to the FRAY.

Brandon
Teh Zombie

Postby Brandon » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:05 am

Welcome to the boards

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:32 am

Nice to meet you, welcome aboard!

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:24 am

welcome dude, hope you enjoy your stay.

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:16 am

Astica wrote:You seem reasonable enough...welcome. I think you should be safe from Jack and Davion :lol:

Implying something?
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:03 am

Well if anyones gonna have a serious bitch at the no0b its one of you two. Im just saying that darki3lade sounded like s/he would be up to your standards.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:11 pm

Good job, man! You have proven yourself worthy of the Mindistortion forums! For some enlightening reading, please check out our forum guidelines, though you probably don't need to; it's mostly written for forum noobs.

In the meantime, wulcome to MD, kid!
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:23 pm

Astica wrote:Well if anyones gonna have a serious bitch at the no0b its one of you two. Im just saying that darki3lade sounded like s/he would be up to your standards.

I don't have a complicated standard for people on the MD forum. The MD forum however has a standard guideline. My only standards are: that you conform to the image of MD, that you use a forum like all forums should be used (search for a topic to make sure it doesn't exist on the forum for example), and that you use common sense (don't reply to someone in a thread who posted 3 weeks ago).
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

StuGa
deformed
deformed

Postby StuGa » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:59 pm

welcoem to the forum ;)
Art is an extension of the soul. If you can not draw you are soulless.

obskewer
divine
divine

Postby obskewer » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:49 pm

Davion Fuxa wrote:... My only standards are: that you conform to the image of MD, that you use a forum like all forums should be used (search for a topic to make sure it doesn't exist on the forum for example), and that you use common sense (don't reply to someone in a thread who posted 3 weeks ago).

We conform to an MD standard?....

OH YES, That's right :D....

Sorry, but you NEED your own set of big wheels before you can become a member =P

JamesOrvell
damaged
damaged

Postby JamesOrvell » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:36 pm

[REDACTED]
Last edited by JamesOrvell on Thu May 05, 2011 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:53 am

Hewy is wundrful :D

...ahem.

So, Davion, I get your other two points, but what do you mean by "Conform to the image of MD" exactly? What particular aspect of MDs image in particular?

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:46 am

i guess no overly emo shit, and i don't think neo-nazi's and the like would fit in either.

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:46 pm

Azgarth wrote:i guess no overly emo shit, and i don't think neo-nazi's and the like would fit in either.

You forgot no punk or heavy metal crap, besides emo, that was the main one.

JamesOrvell
damaged
damaged

Postby JamesOrvell » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:59 pm

[REDACTED]
Last edited by JamesOrvell on Thu May 05, 2011 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:42 am

@Davion and Azgarth: so youre basically saying dont whinge about cutting yourself and how the world hates you, and dont try to be tough on the internet?

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:36 pm

This isn't a site for that, If people want to discuss heavy metal and punk, or the life of the emo; they can find another site to do so.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:14 pm

i don't remember anything against metal and punk. putting these two genres in one line with emo makes my heart ache.

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:58 pm

What can I say, other then it isn't what discussion revolves around here.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:45 pm

what's wrong with heavy metal? new wave of british heavy metal has some of the best music in it there is, and the sex pistols is just... fun.
if you make a thread about fave bands, and i say iron maiden, it's not wrong, it's being overly close minded about it that would be bad.

astica, yeah, sounds about right.

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:28 pm

Never said there was anything wrong with it. I could actually say nothing is wrong if your Emo, someone who idolizes Bush or a Islamic Fanatic. But most people wouldn't be any of that. We also don't really care if you want to kill yourself, invade Iran or blow up the evil Westerners occupying Afghanistan.

The forum revolves more or less around the Entertainment produced by Heretik, the other people who are showcased, and generally about interesting threads that appear in Generals ranging from normal activity to what's going on in the world, or the web. There are other boards that are their to discuss video games, music, film and television but it isn't anything hardcore.

Actually, this forum is kinda funny, this is Mindistortion but where IS the distortion? Is it a distortion of the Minds of the people who view this site or a distortion from anything to everything else on the web?

obskewer
divine
divine

Postby obskewer » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:21 am

Davion Fuxa wrote:Never said there was anything wrong with it. I could actually say nothing is wrong if your Emo, someone who idolizes Bush or a Islamic Fanatic. But most people wouldn't be any of that. We also don't really care if you want to kill yourself, invade Iran or blow up the evil Westerners occupying Afghanistan.

The forum revolves more or less around the Entertainment produced by Heretik, the other people who are showcased, and generally about interesting threads that appear in Generals ranging from normal activity to what's going on in the world, or the web. There are other boards that are their to discuss video games, music, film and television but it isn't anything hardcore.

Actually, this forum is kinda funny, this is Mindistortion but where IS the distortion? Is it a distortion of the Minds of the people who view this site or a distortion from anything to everything else on the web?

I find it funny that no one really gives a shi7 here =P

Also, I didn't really join this site to showcase my art, and it was only partially because of HeRetiK's work. Mostly, I joined to try to find like-minded people, although It's becoming increasingly apparent to me that no two minds are exactley alike, and that I may never find someone who jives with my odd personality.

As far as the distortion gos.. I would have to say it's based around the content of the site, itself. The name and what is showcased here go hand and hand. And since people usually recognize the site for those two things, I would have to say that people with distorted minds are the ones attracted to this forum.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”