Newbie: Baby Vampire Girl

I'm new. I'm lost. I'm scared.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:21 am

Lionboy wrote:examples of these include his phases of alternating depression and sociability and frequent unwillingness to engage in activities outside of school, except when seized by short lived whims.

Sounds like cyclothymia.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:35 am

Your face sounds like cyclothymia. :wink:
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:36 am

Lionboy wrote:I will not accept Frosty's claim that he is non-autistic until the claim is supported by his psychologist, Barb

*psssst* She did. She said I had none of the negative qualities of Asperger's and the other characteristics weren't at all definitive of the condition.

And I hardly think depression is uncommon in teenagers. :roll:
[/somebullshit]

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:39 am

Then I'd like to speak with her, and hear her explain to me why she doesn't think you have it.

I didn't say that depression was uncommon. I said that it could interfere with autism test results. Or test results for any psychological profile, really.

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:41 am

If you won't trust the psychologist you merited on the issue, there's really no discussion to be had.

That's all I got. I don't need to convince you.
[/somebullshit]

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:18 am

@Lionboy: is it not possible that Frosty was just misdiagnosed and his symptoms came from the mixture of puberty and Fargo?

Why is it so important to you that hes autistic?

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:27 pm

i'm annoyed by the idea that you can not be autistic anymore, not by frosty's not being autistic, could be the same for him, iunno.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:22 pm

Frosty wrote:If you won't trust the psychologist you merited on the issue, there's really no discussion to be had.

... What the hell?

"Then I'd like to speak with her, and hear her explain to me why she doesn't think you have it."

Where the fuck do you get the idea that I don't trust her? Didn't this statement convey that I trust her enough to listen to her argument?

Astica wrote:@Lionboy: is it not possible that Frosty was just misdiagnosed and his symptoms came from the mixture of puberty and Fargo?

He was pretty damn autistic when we were younger.

Also, living in Fargo makes you painfully normal and bland, not interesting and autistic. :(

Why is it so important to you that hes autistic?

It's not "important." I just find it hard to believe that he could "not be autistic anymore." It doesn't seem like something you can "stop being," although I'm willing to admit that it's something you can "suppress," and I admitted the possibility that that is what Frosty has done.

____

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:15 pm

it's not something you can stop being.
it is something you can learn to cope with, and cover up.
these days, most people are surprised when i tell them i'm autistic (if i tell them), because i learned tricks and techniques to cover up the bad sides.
they don't always believe me when i tell them, when i tell them the mechanisms behind it, how i control it mentally, then they believe.

this is not something you just suppress, it's not always activity, but sometimes lack of it, and most of times it's why or how the activity takes place.

G_Walk
damaged
damaged

Postby G_Walk » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:48 pm

My apologies frosty, I forgot about aperger's syndrome and what it does to a person. I see now why your intro thread was the way it was.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:08 pm

what it does to a person?
pray tell, what do you think it does? now i'm curious.

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:12 pm

G_Walk wrote:My apologies frosty, I forgot about aperger's syndrome and what it does to a person. I see now why your intro thread was the way it was.

This is either mad ig'nant or a condescending burn.
[/somebullshit]

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:58 pm

G wrote:My apologies frosty, I forgot about aperger's syndrome and what it does to a person. I see now why your intro thread was the way it was.

I am offended by your dripping condescension. Autism is what we are, not what we are afflicted with. It's not a disease. It's not like Alzheimers or Parkinsons or something.

____

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:52 pm

actually, it's not even what we are, we're more than just autism.
it's a different way of functioning, that deviates enough from the norm to be given a specific name.
that doesn't mean all asps or autists are alike, much like no "normal" is alike, it's more a grand structure than the finer points, that differ, the finer points are different person to person.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:05 am

*points and laughs at the austistic kids taking offense*

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:32 am

It's cool. I don't own that label.
[/somebullshit]

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:13 am

i'm not taking offense, but with something like this, i tend to make sure that, at least from m side, evertying is done that could be to make sure there are no misunderstandings.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”