dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:17 pm

yes.. and most people are idiots.

Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass

Postby Spaced Ape » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:17 pm

No, most people just don't sit at home all day and browse the internet for music like you do.
Is there a promised land
Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?
Are the streets paved with gold
Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?
DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:33 pm

Pretty sure most people are idiots.

Oh, and they only play singles the bands released, not songs from albums that people like. The bands [record labels] release singles they believe will have the most airtime. Hence, radio-friendly.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:54 am

I don't have a radio, or frequent many websites, so I honestly have no clue about these things.

I told Frost my favorite Flaming Lips album was "At War With The Mystics," and he made this noise of disapproval and said something like, "Sure, go with their famous one," and I was thinking to myself, "Well jeez, how do you expect me to know which of their albums was the most popular? Also, did you ever stop to think that maybe it was popular because it was actually good?"
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:02 am

Eschatos wrote:No, most people just don't sit at home all day and browse the internet for music like you do.

well maybe they SHOULD.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:36 am

lskadfhslkadfh; wrote:
Eschatos wrote:No, most people just don't sit at home all day and browse the internet for music like you do.

well maybe they SHOULD.

AMEN WAYNE

I was hoping you'd say it, I wanted to but his derogatory statement was directed at you.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:44 am

lskadfhslkadfh; wrote:

well maybe they SHOULD.

<3

ProjectTORN
divine
divine

Postby ProjectTORN » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:43 am

Hey, if my college didn't have most music programs blocked, that's what I would be doing, looking for new music.
Under construction. Or something.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:16 am

I don't know how to do that.

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:59 pm

Demosthenes wrote:When it comes down to it, for myself, I could care less if a song is on the radio, or if I am the only person out there who likes the music.

If a song made it to the radio then congrats to the people who made it.

I can't stand how some people are like, "well it's on the radio, it's mainstreamed now, i'm not the only one who knows about it, I don't like it anymore"

I could care less where a song is, if it's a good song, it's a good song.

Oh for fucks sake I knew some noob would give this speech.

What I mean by radio friendly is when a song is made specifically to make money with absolutely no personal feel or style or motivation to it.
Something thats designed to roll with current trends and contains little substance.

EDIT: I could not give less of a fuck if a song is popular or not as to whether or not I like it, but songs designed to be popular suck red cunt*.
EDIT@: *generally

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:14 am

Astica wrote:What I mean by radio friendly is when a song is made specifically to make money with absolutely no personal feel or style or motivation to it.
Something thats designed to roll with current trends and contains little substance.

:(

Several of the songs on The Black Parade do seem quite earnest. I Don't Love You, Famous Last Words, and especially Disenchanted sound like they have personal feel/motivation to them.

____

Ashreal
divine
divine

Postby Ashreal » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:22 am

Astica wrote:EDIT: I could not give less of a fuck if a song is popular or not as to whether or not I like it, but songs designed to be popular suck red cunt*.
EDIT@: *generally

You know for a female you have an awfully sharp vocabulary.
For those that fight for it, life has a flavour that the sheltered will never know.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:48 pm

^ :lol: er, thanks?

@Lionboy: I strongly disagree with 'Famous last words' feeling personal, 'I dont love you' didnt seem so to me although Ive only heard it a couple times and I havent heard the other one. I might youtube it some time when I can be bothered.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:40 pm

Emo music always has a personal feel to it. That's kinda the point.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:22 am

But it never feels truly personal.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:21 am

Astica wrote:@Lionboy: I strongly disagree with 'Famous last words' feeling personal, 'I dont love you' didnt seem so to me although Ive only heard it a couple times and I havent heard the other one. I might youtube it some time when I can be bothered.

1. Perhaps "personal" is not exactly the best word to describe Famous Last Words. However, I believe that it was written as an expression, and not as an investment.

2. Same goes for I Don't Love You.

3. However, "personal" is definitely the word to describe Disenchanted. There are certain lines that make it sound like an actual story of events that really occurred between the writer and his friends, and of feelings that really occupied the writer's mind during his upbringing. "And as we ran from the cops, we laughed so hard, it would sting," and "So I could watch all my heroes selling cars on TV," are a couple lines that specifically caught my attention.
Last edited by Elen Sila on Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

____

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:23 am

VoluntaryBadass wrote:Emo music always has a personal feel to it. That's kinda the point.

...The impression I get from it is that it's cliché. Very very cliché.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:01 am

Lionboy wrote:3. However, "personal" is definitely the word to describe Disenchanted. There are certain lines that make it sound like an actual story of events that really occurred between the writer and his friends,

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:31 pm

DopeFish wrote:
VoluntaryBadass wrote:Emo music always has a personal feel to it. That's kinda the point.

...The impression I get from it is that it's cliché. Very very cliché.

Yeah, cliche was the word I thought of when I read VBA's post. Iunno. . .I like alot of the sound of emo music. It's the lyrics and vocals that ruin it for me.
I've got one hand in my pocket

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”