Hi.

I'm new. I'm lost. I'm scared.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

synchrononymous
latency
latency

Hi.

Postby synchrononymous » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:15 am

I don't feel like saying much, but I'll truthfully answer any question you'd care to ask.

I'd just like to mention, that I was here a while ago with a different name,

And I'm surprised to see a lot of the same faces around here.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:27 am

Welcome back then! What was your old username?

synchrononymous
latency
latency

Postby synchrononymous » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:35 am

The truthful answer is that I'd rather not say. I'm sorry, but that last name was connected to me IRL and I don't want anyone to be able to find me here so I can say whatever I want.

That said, thank you Heretik! May I call you herry?

I suppose I should add something personal to make this introduction suck less...
I'm female and studying engineering, freshman year. I like to make art in whatever forms I can get my hands on, especially 3-d such as clay. I'm not too much of an awkward turtle, but I guess I'm just looking for another type of people to talk to, and the atmosphere of this place called me back. I don't really have anything super special to share... hopefully I'll think of some more interesting things later.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:54 am

Oh! I think I know who you are...or I have a wild guess anyway. Alright if you're not that person, you seem nice enough anyway :) welcome back.

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:41 pm

Amy PM me your guess ... I have one too. =)
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS

synchrononymous
latency
latency

Postby synchrononymous » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:16 pm

I wasn't trying to make it into a game ... >.<
Oh well, if you care that much you can PM me your guess and 50 pts go to the winner. One guess each, so you may want to wait a few days.

I don't remember that much about most of you, but how have your lives been?

In other news, my 5-year-old laptop is finally dying and I need a new one, preferably something cheap. Mac/PC discussion, anyone?

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:20 pm

pc, definitely. desktop or laptop would be your preference.
macs are way overpriced, most software is only windows compatible, and mac is as looked down as fort knox.
tell me the budget and what you want to do with it, and i'll knock up a build, or check for a laptop, if i've got some free time.

synchrononymous
latency
latency

Postby synchrononymous » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:20 am

Hey Azgarth, thanks for the offer!

Also yeah PCs are totally better, but my school's bookstore allegedly has discounted deals on macs, but now that I think about it, a mac still probably isn't worth it. I don't know what laptops cost nowadays, since I haven't looked for one in.... 5 years, but my plan here is to get a relatively cheap laptop and maybe invest in a really nice desktop in a few years. I have a desktop right now (even more of a dinosaur - runs windows xp, has survived 2 bluescreens) but it works just fine. Unfortunately, I left that at my parents' house and I couldn't take it to class with me anyway.

Mainly, I'm just looking for a laptop that will last me a long time and go easy on that whole 'software problems' thing. I don't game anymore, so graphics card doesn't matter too much. It should have a recent version of Word and Excel installed and have enough RAM to process Photoshop.

Oh and I know where your picture is from now. It's the uglycat from Transmetropolitan :)

Ashreal
divine
divine

Postby Ashreal » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:29 am

I bought myself a dell xps, awesome laptop. Good ram and haven't had a problem.
For those that fight for it, life has a flavour that the sheltered will never know.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”