Formatting my computer..

For any computer related topics such as hardware, operating systems, computer problems and the like.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Gravesent
For Whom The Bell Tolls

Postby Gravesent » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:58 pm

Burned wrote:Are you kidding? Unix has a lot more errors then when they first released Windows :|

Prove it... all of microsofts servers were on unix until about a year ago, rumors sudgest they still have them on Unix now.
Unix has 25 years of security developing experience, being an operating system developed for network and internet use being safe was an issue from the start, windows started out as a single user operating system, before NT it didn't even have a "super user" feature, meaning that every user could have had acces to any setting in the OS, you can imagine why this was a problem.
If we don't take security into consideration a single processor system driven by Unix performs better that a dual processor system driven by NT platforms, Microsoft's hotmail service is still ran by Unix Solaris because NT couldn't handle so many simultanious connections.
We'll even do a test if you want, as soon as I get an extra hard drive for Unix I'll give you my IP and you'll try to hack into my computer, I won't even change any security settings, I'll leave it as it comes, in windows without a decent firewall you're toasted, I bet you won't be able to get any type of acces to my PC as for trojans, good luck finding one that works for Unix.
Order, symmetry, discipline and balance.

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:23 pm

The fact that Microsoft it self is one of thee dumbest compines ever! Windows Xp was cracked before they had even released, what does that tell you? I'm not saying Unix isn't good now, it's just that what most people think is safe isn't. As for the Hotmail service, it can be easly fooled to send passwords to other e-mail accounts just by about 6 lines of text. There is a good anti-virus that is called Kaverspry (it's German) or something I don't use it, but the person who made that was a hacker that belonged to cDc (Cult of the Dead Cow). If you have both the firewall and anti-virus then that will stop most everything since it is devolped from hackers, and since that's what most hackers now use to scan there software to make sure the trojan isn't detectable yet. If I would try to hack a Unix I'd prolly be fired as you said, but there is some not so well knowns that can do it in a snap (they uploaded a video of themselves doing, it was 3 hours long but well worth the wait). I think I know someone who's a cracker that could get into a Unix but he got into with Yahoo! a few days ago for.."missing using Yahoo! Messenger." Oh and I believe Unix does know to how to play music, if not I'm sure you could somehow instal a device that does..or stick to your radio or cd player :D

Edit: Now that I think about it, I have tryed (friend's Unix). I was able to connect and sign in as a guest but I was able to find anything on the admin so I just logged out only to find that it was keeping a hacklog.txt but I had never recieved a message saying that the connection was being recorded..damn :|
For all we know humans are just weapons created by the world.
Yonaka Sanryu - This thread makes the EMOs slit their wrists.

Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass

Postby Spaced Ape » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:31 pm

"Hacking" is stupid, pointless, and the best way to be called a jerk. So what if I use Windows? Fuck you! It's a better OS than Apple and Linux combined. Who cares if you want shit, fuck you! Get it like the rest of society, you are interrupting my time. So fuck you.

And people who try to hack/want to learn to hack, fuck you.
Is there a promised land
Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?
Are the streets paved with gold
Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?
DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:39 pm

Get rid of your computer and you're 3/4ths of the way to being safe.

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:39 pm

Someone's in a bitchy mood, and I found the site..But right now Unix and Windows Xp Pro is the best OS out right now. Oh by the way it was kaspersky :|

http://www.kaspersky.com/us/products

Viléém
divine
divine

Postby Viléém » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:20 pm

when i first got my computer, i had it, but it was keeping me from getting on-line (somehow), so i uninstalled.

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:30 pm

If your computer was using a P2P connection that was prolly why, since I think the firewall blocks the P2P..or maybe it was blocking the ports taht your computer used to connect.

Viléém
divine
divine

Postby Viléém » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:00 pm

I'm guessing the second one.

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:29 pm

Huh, but I think it's still very good..which reminds me I need to get a cracked version since I NO firewall or NO anti-virus/trojan what so ever :lol:

Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass

Postby Spaced Ape » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:39 am

Bitchy my ass, it's you people who make it hard on us MS users because we have to get security spam all the fucking time.
Is there a promised land

Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?

Are the streets paved with gold

Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?

DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

Gravesent
For Whom The Bell Tolls

Postby Gravesent » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:34 pm

Burned wrote:The fact that Microsoft it self is one of thee dumbest compines ever! Windows Xp was cracked before they had even released, what does that tell you? I'm not saying Unix isn't good now, it's just that what most people think is safe isn't. As for the Hotmail service, it can be easly fooled to send passwords to other e-mail accounts just by about 6 lines of text. There is a good anti-virus that is called Kaverspry (it's German) or something I don't use it, but the person who made that was a hacker that belonged to cDc (Cult of the Dead Cow). If you have both the firewall and anti-virus then that will stop most everything since it is devolped from hackers, and since that's what most hackers now use to scan there software to make sure the trojan isn't detectable yet. If I would try to hack a Unix I'd prolly be fired as you said, but there is some not so well knowns that can do it in a snap (they uploaded a video of themselves doing, it was 3 hours long but well worth the wait). I think I know someone who's a cracker that could get into a Unix but he got into with Yahoo! a few days ago for.."missing using Yahoo! Messenger." Oh and I believe Unix does know to how to play music, if not I'm sure you could somehow instal a device that does..or stick to your radio or cd player :D

Edit: Now that I think about it, I have tryed (friend's Unix). I was able to connect and sign in as a guest but I was able to find anything on the admin so I just logged out only to find that it was keeping a hacklog.txt but I had never recieved a message saying that the connection was being recorded..damn :|

No OS is perfect and 100% secure, I'm just saying I find Unix Solaris 10 to be more secure and performant than Windows XP, and you said that hotmail can be foled.. not only that it depends a lot on how you configure it but while with Unix Solaris it isn't perfect, with Windows NT it didn't work at all, and that sais something about the NT platform, and I bet Google's servers are on Unix too, and Google will rule the world!!! (I'll try to find an article about googles servers)

And this is the proof:
http://bangalore.craigslist.org/sad/103665661.html
And again. (note that Sun Microsystems makes Unix Solaris)
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1866941,00.asp
and there are more, but I'm at work right now and lack the time

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:55 pm

Gravesent wrote:Burned wrote:
The fact that Microsoft it self is one of thee dumbest compines ever! Windows Xp was cracked before they had even released, what does that tell you? I'm not saying Unix isn't good now, it's just that what most people think is safe isn't. As for the Hotmail service, it can be easly fooled to send passwords to other e-mail accounts just by about 6 lines of text. There is a good anti-virus that is called Kaverspry (it's German) or something I don't use it, but the person who made that was a hacker that belonged to cDc (Cult of the Dead Cow). If you have both the firewall and anti-virus then that will stop most everything since it is devolped from hackers, and since that's what most hackers now use to scan there software to make sure the trojan isn't detectable yet. If I would try to hack a Unix I'd prolly be fired as you said, but there is some not so well knowns that can do it in a snap (they uploaded a video of themselves doing, it was 3 hours long but well worth the wait). I think I know someone who's a cracker that could get into a Unix but he got into with Yahoo! a few days ago for.."missing using Yahoo! Messenger." Oh and I believe Unix does know to how to play music, if not I'm sure you could somehow instal a device that does..or stick to your radio or cd player Very Happy

Edit: Now that I think about it, I have tryed (friend's Unix). I was able to connect and sign in as a guest but I was able to find anything on the admin so I just logged out only to find that it was keeping a hacklog.txt but I had never recieved a message saying that the connection was being recorded..damn Neutral

No OS is perfect and 100% secure, I'm just saying I find Unix Solaris 10 to be more secure and performant than Windows XP, and you said that hotmail can be foled.. not only that it depends a lot on how you configure it but while with Unix Solaris it isn't perfect, with Windows NT it didn't work at all, and that sais something about the NT platform, and I bet Google's servers are on Unix too, and Google will rule the world!!! (I'll try to find an article about googles servers)

And this is the proof:
http://bangalore.craigslist.org/sad/103665661.html
And again. (note that Sun Microsystems makes Unix Solaris)
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1866941,00.asp
and there are more, but I'm at work right now and lack the time

That's true for sure, no OS is secure because there is always some kinda issue..like the regedit, if a hacker gets control of that they can just decode the vaule things have and find out a few 'hidden' passwords and other important data. But I do agree that Unix is a very good system, though it's not the user friendsih, speaking of that how do you like it? Did you ever find out if it can play music? :)

Gravesent
For Whom The Bell Tolls

Postby Gravesent » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:26 pm

I had it installed on a brocken and fixed (a pour attempt of fixing an imperfect contact) hard drive some time ago.. the fix didn't last long so bye bye Unix, I currently have only one SATA drive on a cotroller, Unix of course works on sata but I have no idea how to do it, and ther's another issue, my brother still needs windows (and so do I until I learn Unix) Linux has a boot loader for that, I have no idea if Unix has it or not, easyest way to install it is on another HDD, when I start my pc I press F11 for a boot menu chosing which HDD I want to boot from.. I just need another HDD.
What I did notice in the short time that I had it was that with the java interface it's almost as user friendly as linux, what amased me is the advanced network options, for example when I'm changing the rezolution to my PC I can make a chech and the setting aplies to all the PC's in the network O.o (I know more about it but only what I read so untill I see it for myself I'll stfu :) )
Here's info on it if you're curious:
http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:17 am

Hm..well I hope your able to find another HDD one that is good! I need a better graphics, more memory, and that's pretty much it. I'd prefer to stick to windows xp since it's simple but for hacking windows 98 is the best because their is more DOS commands that can be used, though, I like how they explain which ones does what when you hit ?/help. Still to Windows, Unix if you want a good quailty, Lunix if you just want to fuck around.

Abstrakt
divine
divine

Postby Abstrakt » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:31 am

Nerds.

Gravesent
For Whom The Bell Tolls

Postby Gravesent » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:49 am

Abstract wrote:Nerds.

*Shoots potatos at Abstract*

Thou I think there should be a section about computer stuff where people can discuss things like this, it would be good for all because everybody can ask about computer trouble they have.
I'm going to sudgest it right now :D

Return to “Computers”