Web Design

For any computer related topics such as hardware, operating systems, computer problems and the like.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Gravesent
For Whom The Bell Tolls

Web Design

Postby Gravesent » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:09 pm

As some of you may know about two months ago I got hired as a web designer, since than I've learned a lot about web pages and how to make them, though I'm still a long way from being a true expert.

Hoping that some of you might be interested in web designing I'm opening this sticky topic where I'll be sharing what I've learned and where we can discuss anything related to making web pages.

To begin with I'm adding a link to a very useful site my boss had me look at, it's very up to date on how web pages should look and feel today and in the future and pretty much teaches you how to work and think from scratch:

http://www.webdesignfromscratch.com/
Order, symmetry, discipline and balance.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:32 pm

If you want some literature on Web Usability:

Don't make me think by Steve Krug
http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Make-Me-Thin ... 321344758/

Web Design Pattern by Ian Graham
http://www.amazon.com/Pattern-Language- ... 201788888/

I'm rather critical about the field of Web Usability as it sometimes seems like some sorta pseudo-scientific thing to me, but these books are rather helpful. Although most things that you can read there are things that are rather clear if you've ever worked in Web Design... but sometimes you still got "AH! Why haven't I thought of that?" moments.

Gravesent
For Whom The Bell Tolls

Postby Gravesent » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:27 am

I tend to like the new stile as a web designer, it's simple, easy to make and effective, as a user I'm more fond of a bit more complex designs.

Ragdoll Bob
divine
divine
Location: Ragdolling through the universe like a, um, ragdoll thing.

Postby Ragdoll Bob » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:48 am

This topic seems to have come to a standstill.

If you still happen to be interested in finding other web programmers, I just got started learning HTML, CSS, PHP, and SQL a few weeks ago.

Don't assume I'm too much of a novice, though. I may be a long way from done, but I'm far enough from nothing to count.

What languages do you know?

Xora
damaged
damaged

Postby Xora » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:58 pm

I write lessons on Web Design, and am a professional web designer. So congrats on the new knowledge, and you could take a look at
http://www.xorajoken.com, if you want some programming knowledge.

I hope you are enjoying the new field of work!
Not all drugs are good. Some … are great.

bird7795
divine
divine

Postby bird7795 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:02 pm

haha. i barely noticed this thread. jaja. languages i know. css java html well yeah webpages. being making em for a couple years. but i dont ever liked working on a computer. blah. 928kennels.com that site sucks. now i gotta make it better.

Gravesent
For Whom The Bell Tolls

Postby Gravesent » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:35 pm

Xora wrote:I write lessons on Web Design, and am a professional web designer. So congrats on the new knowledge, and you could take a look at
http://www.xorajoken.com, if you want some programming knowledge.

I hope you are enjoying the new field of work!

Well if you're gonna write lessons on web design you really need to work on the colours on your forum.

In other news I came to the consclusion that the web design domain is far to large to be contained in one thread, I'll probably start a blog or something to share what I've learned in the past 2 years.

Ragdoll Bob
divine
divine
Location: Ragdolling through the universe like a, um, ragdoll thing.

Postby Ragdoll Bob » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:01 am

Xora wrote:That last theme was developed by someone else. I was letting them try designing for phpBB. It wasn't really important to change anything once he was done because no one ever came. But now that I am working on creating a better forum, the theme is updated. I havn't heard a single complaint about it since then. And I should clarify somethig, I am and always will be a programmer first and a designer second.

Feel free to leave me some opinions on the new theme.

Hope you like it more.

-Antonio

hipvilla
latency
latency

hi

Postby hipvilla » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:39 am

Thank you very much this is a very nice information!. . .

Return to “Computers”