Let me Google that for you!

For any computer related topics such as hardware, operating systems, computer problems and the like.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

User avatar
Palmer
damaged
damaged
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:08 am
Location: Underground...
Contact:

Let me Google that for you!

Postby Palmer » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:57 pm

http://www.lmgtfy.com/

This amazing site walks you through the long and boring steps it takes to Google something.
This is for all of the newbs that don't know how to use Google.
This, in the most sarcastic way possible, may enlighten someone and you will feel as if you have saved a lot of time instead of explaining it when they could http://justfuckinggoogleit.com/

It also has support for tinyURL, so it won't show what you are doing when you send it to a friend, and/or a newb, after they ask a stupid question.

For more information, please follow this link;
http://tinyurl.com/r8kxb6
Image

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:59 pm

Old news.

User avatar
Palmer
damaged
damaged
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:08 am
Location: Underground...
Contact:

Postby Palmer » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:19 pm

I know... but a lot of people (that I know, anyways) don't know about it.
I just felt like making a thread on it. =]
Image

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:26 pm

Fine. /shrug/

User avatar
Azgarth
divine
divine
Posts: 5554
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:30 am
Location: holland

Postby Azgarth » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:50 pm

VERY old.

tangential link
Music over Matter

User avatar
Guitar_clock
divine
divine
Posts: 11480
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:59 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Postby Guitar_clock » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:43 am

WORSE THAN OLD

VINTAGE

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:45 am

Vintage is the point where it was forgotten, but some hipster tries bringing it back.

I hadn't forgotten it, but it was long past where I would continue telling new people about it.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

User avatar
Palmer
damaged
damaged
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:08 am
Location: Underground...
Contact:

Postby Palmer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:58 pm

Voly wrote:Vintage is the point where it was forgotten, but some hipster tries bringing it back.

I hadn't forgotten it, but it was long past where I would continue telling new people about it.


I think you misunderstood this post...
I never said it was new, and it's more about the context then it is about knowing what it is.

By the way, just because you know about it doesn't mean no one does, chances are- someone got something out of this... but that's besides the point.
Image

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine
Posts: 9942
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:17 pm
Location: on the corner of nothin' and nowhere

Postby dickwad » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:45 pm

show of hands who got something out of this.

i didn't.

User avatar
Palmer
damaged
damaged
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:08 am
Location: Underground...
Contact:

Postby Palmer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:56 pm

dickwad wrote:show of hands who got something out of this.

i didn't.


Like I said, just because you didn't doesn't mean someone didn't. Not necessarily even someone on this site, it could have been a 'lurker' or something...

but again, that's besides the point. Nice attempt at sarcasm though.

Again, read my previous post which you must have completely missed.

Palmer wrote:I never said it was new, and it's more about the context then it is about knowing what it is.


I did a little highlighting for you. :)
Image

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:01 pm

I am hesitant to call you a fucking moron, because you're new and I don't want to scare you off, but you're a fucking moron.

Nobody got anything out of this, nobody important anyway.

I think you need to learn that if something is quite old, there's a point where you should just STOP telling people about it.

By the way, did you know that Al Gore beat George Bush in popular votes, but still got elected because of the electoral college?

OH WAIT OLD NEWS LOL MY BAD.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

User avatar
Palmer
damaged
damaged
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:08 am
Location: Underground...
Contact:

Postby Palmer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Voly wrote:I am hesitant to call you a fucking moron, because you're new and I don't want to scare you off, but you're a fucking moron.

Nobody got anything out of this, nobody important anyway.

I think you need to learn that if something is quite old, there's a point where you should just STOP telling people about it.

By the way, did you know that Al Gore beat George Bush in popular votes, but still got elected because of the electoral college?

OH WAIT OLD NEWS LOL MY BAD.


... Are you retarded? honestly?
I say it's not about whether it's new or knowing about it, and here you are, repeating the same thing...

I say I know it's not new, you say I said that it is, I say I know that again, and there you go again, repeat that process one more time and that sums this up.
Can you read?
I bet if I had not said this part, your next post would be "it's old news." Actually, it still might be your next post... I'm convinced that you have no reason for saying that, you are just looking for a reason to "troll." (so to speak).
Some people are just incapable of certain things, you are incapable of pointing out something that isn't completely obvious that any "fucking moron" could have pointed out.
You have lost your credibility to call anyone a fucking moron; You have failed.

I am not new.
AGAIN! Your sarcasm backfired on you, horribly.
If you want to be a smart ass about it, you're calling me new, while you accuse me of calling something else new (even though I didn't), yet I am not a new member.
Last edited by Palmer on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:20 pm

I ACKNOWLEDGE THE GOD DAMNED FACT THAT YOU GOLLY WELL KNOW IT'S NOT FUCKING NEW. FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME.

I never said you didn't know. I never said you thought it was new. I just said it was fucking old.

And yes, you are new. In fact, you are new, inexperienced, unintelligent, and terrible at making a solid argument due to the fact that you're arguing against a point that just isn't there.

I'm done with you.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine
Posts: 9942
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:17 pm
Location: on the corner of nothin' and nowhere

Postby dickwad » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:21 pm

Palmer wrote:
dickwad wrote:show of hands who got something out of this.

i didn't.


Like I said, just because you didn't doesn't mean someone didn't.


well i did ask for a show of hands.

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:28 pm

I forgot about that.

Image
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

User avatar
Palmer
damaged
damaged
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:08 am
Location: Underground...
Contact:

Postby Palmer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Voly wrote:I ACKNOWLEDGE THE GOD DAMNED FACT THAT YOU GOLLY WELL KNOW IT'S NOT FUCKING NEW. FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME.

I never said you didn't know. I never said you thought it was new. I just said it was fucking old.

And yes, you are new. In fact, you are new, inexperienced, unintelligent, and terrible at making a solid argument due to the fact that you're arguing against a point that just isn't there.

I'm done with you.


No, I have been on here and "lurked" since 08. I go to many forums, much like this, I am Super Mod on a lot of them.
This forum is different? yes.
But there is always one commonality with things like this.

Just because you argue a lot over stupid shit and it raises your post count doesn't mean you are smarter than anyone.

It doesn't change the fact that I know it's old and you just used up 4 posts to sit there and repeatedly say "it's old" when I know it's old already.
I said that, and you continued to explain it's old.

I could spam this thread with gay porn just to piss people off, and get over 1000 posts in one night...
Post count has nothing to do with anything, other than showing that you have been active. It doesn't achieve knowledge.

I said in my first post "it's more about context than it is about being new or not." Again, that was the FIRST reply of mine on this thread.

I know it's old, so what is the point in posting it 4 more times?
Can you answer that?
That IS the point BTW, and that's what I've been saying.
Image

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:41 pm

After the first time, I wasn't explaining that it was old. I was telling you that your posts are unimportant BECAUSE they are old.

I don't care how long you've lurked, and my post count isn't all that high.

But I am proud of you for being a mod on the Gaia forums. Big achievement.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

User avatar
Palmer
damaged
damaged
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:08 am
Location: Underground...
Contact:

Postby Palmer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:46 pm

Cool, it's old...
I knew that?

Do you have anything more to add to it?
Nope, exactly.
There is no point in going on so just drop it.

I knew it was old from the beginning.

I hate gaia.
You asid I am doing nothing but insulting you... but that's all you're doing.
Where does Gaia come into play?
it doesn't...

Again, your post count is irrelevant. I am not new, end of story.
Image

User avatar
Astica
divine
divine
Posts: 7366
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:57 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Astica » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:53 pm

Yeah, well you're new to us. We don't need a whole thread for a cute link, this should have just been a post in the dustbin.

Stop bitching you two.

ƒrosty
divine
divine
Posts: 5909
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:08 pm

Postby ƒrosty » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:59 pm

I didn't know about it.
[/somebullshit]

User avatar
Guitar_clock
divine
divine
Posts: 11480
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:59 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Postby Guitar_clock » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:10 am

Super mod

VIP status right hur

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:40 pm

Bot fail.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine
Posts: 9942
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:17 pm
Location: on the corner of nothin' and nowhere

Postby dickwad » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:43 pm

remember when i said not to reply to bots?

yeah. hery really needs to give me ban powers for these fuckers, all i can do is delete their posts and the same ones keep coming back to post more.

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:28 pm

If you were to have deleted my post too I wouldn't have cared.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine
Posts: 9942
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:17 pm
Location: on the corner of nothin' and nowhere

Postby dickwad » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:41 pm

i feel bad about deleting actual user's posts, but i wanted to make that point regardless.


Return to “Computers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests