Microsoft Surface

For any computer related topics such as hardware, operating systems, computer problems and the like.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

User avatar
Palmer
damaged
damaged
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:08 am
Location: Underground...
Contact:

Microsoft Surface

Postby Palmer » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:00 pm

This actually looked really cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP5y7yp06n0

I like this vid better
This guy explains it more and shows what it can actually do;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxk_WywMTzc&feature=fvw

It says it's not available for purchase yet, though.
Image

User avatar
Azgarth
divine
divine
Posts: 5554
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:30 am
Location: holland

Postby Azgarth » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:36 pm

it's also OLD.
and it's available for specific buyers, the fact it says not available for purchase is because your links are from '07 and '08.
it's not buyable by the mass market though, i think. but msnbc used it, and i think AT&T.
Music over Matter

User avatar
Palmer
damaged
damaged
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:08 am
Location: Underground...
Contact:

Postby Palmer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:05 pm

Azgarth wrote:it's also OLD.
and it's available for specific buyers, the fact it says not available for purchase is because your links are from '07 and '08.
it's not buyable by the mass market though, i think. but msnbc used it, and i think AT&T.


Yeah, it is somewhat old...

I thought I put that in the post?
Maybe not, I might have deleted part of it on accident.

Yes, it is old. It's about a year old, somewhere around there.
It isn't available, to just buy and use as a regular user.
Some time soon I'm sure they will have things similar to this that just mount to your wall or something, and can be used for various purposes; business or home.
Image

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:06 pm

Anything is available for free because it is the internet.

And like Az said, your link from 07 says it's not available yet, well it's 09, coming up on 10.

Stop posting old news. Seriously.

FIND. SOMETHING. NEW.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

User avatar
Palmer
damaged
damaged
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:08 am
Location: Underground...
Contact:

Postby Palmer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:20 pm

Voly wrote:Anything is available for free because it is the internet.

And like Az said, your link from 07 says it's not available yet, well it's 09, coming up on 10.

Stop posting old news. Seriously.

FIND. SOMETHING. NEW.


I posted an old link... oops.

If I were to tell you to stop talking about things that NO ONE was talking about, and were completely irrelevant to what anyone has said, what would you do?
You'd cry about how that's not what you did and sit there and try to defend yourself.
I posted one thing that was old so far.
This news itself isn't all that old.

"Anything is available for free because it is the internet."

So you think I can "download" Microsoft Surface for free?
I could probably just go get torrent and I will physically have MS surface, right?
I really hope you are joking...
Image

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:25 pm

Palmer wrote:If I were to tell you to stop talking about things that NO ONE was talking about, and were completely irrelevant to what anyone has said, what would you do?
You'd cry about how that's not what you did and sit there and try to defend yourself.

First: You don't fucking know me.
Second: You just told me how YOU would act.

I posted one thing that was old so far.
This news itself isn't all that old.

Then why is there a link about it from almost three years ago?

"Anything is available for free because it is the internet."

So you think I can "download" Microsoft Surface for free?
I could probably just go get torrent and I will physically have MS surface, right?
I really hope you are joking...


I thought this was one of your many operating system threads. My bad, I admit I'm wrong about this one point.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

User avatar
Palmer
damaged
damaged
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:08 am
Location: Underground...
Contact:

Postby Palmer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:31 pm

Voly wrote:First: You don't fucking know me.
Second: You just told me how YOU would act.


I would like to take the opportunity to explain, that what I said... You just DID what I said. Here you are, defending yourself.

"second" you just used a comeback that I used to use when I was about the age of five. "you are!!"
that's the extent to your second point.

Lastly... It is not.
Obviously, you didn't know about it, so you have no room to say "it's old." You could have learned something from it but because someone else pointed out a fault, you had to add onto it with no prior knowledge.

You don't think it's possible that they had inside information that leaked?
MS Surface is only about a year old [if that] and is only available for businesses.

The link was explaining that it's not available at all, I was explaining that it's not available to users like you and me.
Image

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:38 pm

I did know about it. It had been posted here before. It is therefore oooooolllllddddddddd.

Also "cry about how that's not what you meant" is the only thing I've seen you do aside from start threads that don't need started. You don't even back up any of your arguments, you just try to insult my intelligence and hope people will take your side regardless of your lack of evidence.

The only mistake I have made is assuming that anything you say matters at all. I'm going to stop doing that now, which renders you not worth the time to compose a post against you.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

User avatar
Palmer
damaged
damaged
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:08 am
Location: Underground...
Contact:

Postby Palmer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:42 pm

Voly wrote:I did know about it. It had been posted here before. It is therefore oooooolllllddddddddd.

Also "cry about how that's not what you meant" is the only thing I've seen you do aside from start threads that don't need started. You don't even back up any of your arguments, you just try to insult my intelligence and hope people will take your side regardless of your lack of evidence.

The only mistake I have made is assuming that anything you say matters at all. I'm going to stop doing that now, which renders you not worth the time to compose a post against you.


You didn't know about it... It's actually pretty unknown.
I backed it up.
There is nothing more you can say to it.

I posted something, I backed it up. You have NO reason to talk, since you just posted with no prior knowledge to it, saying it's old.

It might have been posted a while ago, but that doesn't make it 'old news.'

MS Surface itself is not 3 years old.

All of these "arguments" you say I can't back up- You have been bringing in irrelevant information the entire time.

All you've done is say "it's old" (regardless of it being old" and then proceed to say "you're a fucking moron."

That's not the point, it's not all that old, it's something that is relatively new, and undiscussed.

You're a hypocrite because you are saying all of these things that you are doing...

BTW, about that thing... saying that's what you would do... I was stating that you would do the same thing... and guess what... you are...
Image

ƒrosty
divine
divine
Posts: 5909
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:08 pm

Postby ƒrosty » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:13 am

What's the problem with something being old? If you don't give a shit, fuck off from the thread. All this drama is stupid and paltry, as is anyone who chooses to participate in it.

Geez.
[/somebullshit]


Return to “Computers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest