Google Chrome Operating System

For any computer related topics such as hardware, operating systems, computer problems and the like.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Palmer
damaged
damaged

Google Chrome Operating System

Postby Palmer » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Search engine Google, which already offers a suite of email, web and other software products that compete with Microsoft, said the system could be used by computers ranging from ultra-compact netbooks to full-size desktop PCs.
The new software, called the Google Chrome Operating System, will be in netbooks for consumers in the second half of 2010 and aims to make web applications easier to use.

Source:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/technology/google/5775764/Google-to-launch-operating-system-to-rival-Microsoft.html

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:37 pm

going to be interesting, but i doubt i'd do much with it.
google knows more than enough about me already, and i don't directly see benefits to this for me.

as for mass market, going to be VERY fun to watch how it'll take on or drop.
Music over Matter

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:11 am

do we really need two topics about practically the same thing?

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:19 am

Apparently, duh. Can't you tell this thread is obviously important? I mean, just LOOK AT WHO POSTED IT!

You really can't be serious, Wayne.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:42 am

um.. neither can you, because that was very clearly a rhetorical question.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:19 am

Exactly.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Palmer
damaged
damaged

Postby Palmer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:23 pm

dickwad wrote:do we really need two topics about practically the same thing?

Would you like to elaborate? How is this the same as another thread posted here?
It isn't...

Voly wrote:Apparently, duh. Can't you tell this thread is obviously important? I mean, just LOOK AT WHO POSTED IT!

You really can't be serious, Wayne.

Your blatant sarcasm backfired... =D
Again, there isn't another thread covering the same topic.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:49 pm

this and the windows 7 topic you made around the same time, could have easily combined both subjects.

Palmer
damaged
damaged

Postby Palmer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:53 pm

dickwad wrote:this and the windows 7 topic you made around the same time, could have easily combined both subjects.

They aren't about the same thing...

Putting them together- that would be putting two different points in one thread.
I could, but that's not really a 'fluent' way to post, is it? :)

in Layman's;
There is a Windows 7 thread, then there is a thread dedicated to a competition between W7 and Chrome OS.
Two completely different things.

"... On an unrelated note, Google is making one also!"

.................................... no...

Aside from that, I didn't post both of them, nor were the two posted around the same time.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:04 pm

They are not completely different things, you just don't know how to differentiate between things.

There is a W7 thread, and now there is another W7 thread, and then there is a thread about Chrome OS, except the Chrome OS thread is mostly about W7 and the fact that Google thinks it can compete.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:22 pm

it's not often i agree with the faggot above, but yeah.

Palmer
damaged
damaged

Postby Palmer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:26 pm

Voly wrote:They are not completely different things, you just don't know how to differentiate between things.

There is a W7 thread, and now there is another W7 thread, and then there is a thread about Chrome OS, except the Chrome OS thread is mostly about W7 and the fact that Google thinks it can compete.

This thread isn't about Windows 7.
That one line, right there, completely ends your argument. There is no point in going on...

But since you don't seem to understand, maybe now you will...
"This thread isn't about Windows 7."

So, according to you, there is no difference in a physical being- a noun -and [intangible] corporate competition?
An operating system, and a financial feud?

You can't say I "don't know the difference between things" because I just posted two different threads and you are trying to tie them together.
That is ass backwards.

I will try to sum this up one more time so that you can understand; One is about the operating system itself, the other is about a conflict on another topic.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:33 pm

That one line, right there, completely ends your argument.

Wrong. That whole line is wrong, which is what has in turn caused you also to be wrong. I know this is hard for you because all the kids in your middle school class think you're the smartest person they know, but seriously... I understand what you are saying but it is not right.

So, according to you, there is no difference in a physical being- a noun -and [intangible] corporate competition?

Now I have to school you in simple English too? They're both nouns. Nouns do not have to be tangible.

You're really irritating me.

Palmer
damaged
damaged

Postby Palmer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:53 pm

HHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

No, not all nouns are tangible...
Can you explain to me how a this 'action' is a noun?

IT'S NOT!!
example;
They are arguing.

They would be the subject, the noun. they are the one doing the arguing. it is ABOUT them arguing.
Basic English.

The thread wasn't about Windows 7!! That destroys your argument.

There it is again, you saying all I do is insult you...
I have backed up my argument.

It isn't about W7 itself.

Yet here you are, being a hypocrite...
Saying that I am just insulting you for the sake of insulting you... yet that's all you've done, even after I have practically spelled it out for you.

Back to the whole "English" thing...
You raelly need to brush up on that, hypocrite.[/u]

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:55 pm

Corporate competition would be the noun you were saying wasn't a noun.

You said that the OS and the competition were not both nouns. You said the OS was a noun.

They would be a pronoun, by the way.

Hypocrite is not what I am being currently, although normally I am one.

Palmer
damaged
damaged

Postby Palmer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:01 pm

Voly wrote:Corporate competition would be the noun you were saying wasn't a noun.

You said that the OS and the competition were not both nouns. You said the OS was a noun.

They would be a pronoun, by the way.

Hypocrite is not what I am being currently, although normally I am one.

What is it with morons bringing out the most irrelevant points?

Yes, they is a pronoun... My mistake there. I wasn't paying attention to that.

Lemme change this, so you will understand it better.

How you said "corporate competition" was the noun I was talking about... IF this were the case, wither way it would not be about the OS itself, like I was saying.
You just set yourself up, basically saying "I lose one way and I lose the other way... which way should I go?"

You could change it so the thread is about corporate competition. I was talking more about them "feuding" over it... See? verb. I can change that to a verb. That is what it's about. Their feud.

I can't say they are "Microsofting" or they are "Windows sevening," can I?

EDIT*
before you go and call me a hypocrite for going into explaining the noun after I said it wasn't the point... I am telling you that, to say this; It's not about Windows 7, the other thread is.

Drop it.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:06 pm

You can say whatever you want, public forum, and you're from Florida so you have free speech like everyone else in this country. lolfreespeech

I didn't set myself up for anything. I said you were wrong. You were wrong. You can change the wording of the entire sentence, and change what we are talking about, and then you would be right.

I also brought up a relevant argument, but you ignored that one.

It doesn't matter, though.

On another alternate note I don't see why Wayne didn't lock this thread while he was posting here. He must be slacking. He even pointed out this thread is pointless.

Palmer
damaged
damaged

Postby Palmer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:09 pm

Yes, I am about to bring the Natal into this...

"Project Natal is more than a month old, in fact, I believe it's older than MS surface...

This THREAD is only a month old, but PN is way older than that. When I did something like that, you started complaining about how it was so old, etc. etc..."

Project Natal is about a year old, and someone made a thread about it around a month ago...
How come you did not bitch at them saying it was old news??

Exactly...

MS surface is NOT three years old.

That is what I have been saying...

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:17 pm

It was announced on May 29, 2007 at D5 conference.

This is the age I am referring to. I have acknowledged many times that it wasn't released three years ago. But the news of it being made is two and a half years old.

Project Natal was first announced on June 1, 2009 at E3 2009.

This is how old Natal is. It is almost three months old, not 30ish months like Surface.

Palmer
damaged
damaged

Postby Palmer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:35 pm

..............................No...
It might have been announced then... but like I said, It's most likely that the news got out earlier.
But whatever...
BTW, it's about a year, maybe more... it's not over 3.

The idea of PN is older than the E3 09.

Someone didn't just think of it in the middle of their speech during E3 and say, "Hey, we should do this!"
It is older than 3 months old- it just hadn't been announced when it's release will be, what it will be like, etc... until the E3 09.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:04 pm

But SURFACE WAS ANNOUNCED IN 2007 WHICH IS A FULL TWO YEARS BEFORE NATAL WAS ANNOUNCED JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH YOU ARE MISSING IT ENTIRELY.

Palmer
damaged
damaged

Postby Palmer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:46 pm

annndd... like i said... again...
that was an unofficial news, there could have been a leak for all you know... it's not three years old, I know that much...

Even if it was two years old... so what?
What is going to happen?

This is a pretty unpopular topic, and not very many people know about it.
You didn't... So what is the point in even saying it's old?
To feel superior? You're so much better because you can simply not contribute, but post to the same thread?

Seriously, what was the point in that?
This isn't even about MS surface, or Windows 7... Those are two entirely different threads, this is Google Chrome OS and there was no reason to completely change the point and ruin this thread.

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:02 am

There is way too much petty bullshit going on in this thread. Next person to not post wins.
[/somebullshit]

Palmer
damaged
damaged

Postby Palmer » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:12 am

I lose!! :D

I don't know, but this thread is far off topic now...
Does anyone have anything relevant (as in, unrelated to W7 and MS surface, which has nothing to do with this thread)?

Return to “Computers”