AnalogX Netstat Live?

For any computer related topics such as hardware, operating systems, computer problems and the like.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Astica
divine
divine

AnalogX Netstat Live?

Postby Astica » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:47 pm

As some of you may know, we keep having internet death problems halfway through the month in this house, when we run out of bandwidth and everything crawls for the next two weeks. I was wondering if anyone knows if this program is any good or if anyone knows of any others that monitor bandwidth usage so I can make my flatmates and I install it on our respective computers so next month we'll know perfectly well who is wasting all the internet.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:25 pm

from what i recall, it's decent, but can't be sure.
why that one in particular tho? why not bitmeter II?
oh, and you may want to install an adblocker (ads are images or worse, flash, and they take up space. i'd block md's foru'm s little flash thing top-left too, depending on what you tell your browser to store, it redownloads it each time), and make it so you see the mobile version of certain sites, they're usually stripped of extraneous content.
i'd also up what your browser stores, so the sites you visit often don't have to redownload too much.
limiting bandwidth spent > finding out who's spending it. of course, both is best.
Music over Matter

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:00 pm

*shrug* first one I looked up, looked reasonably straightforward. I installed your one instead, though :P I have adblocker and noscript installed, but I should probably CCleaner less often if I should be storing things. Didn't even occur to me >.<
And yeah, I meant to limit bandwidth spent as well. Thanks :)

daemon
divine
divine

Postby daemon » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:01 am

Azgarth wrote:oh, and you may want to install an adblocker (ads are images or worse, flash, and they take up space. i'd block md's foru'm s little flash thing top-left too, depending on what you tell your browser to store, it redownloads it each time)

http://adblockplus.org/en/

Best one i've used.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:29 pm

yup, with the easyprivacy + easylist.
Music over Matter

Return to “Computers”