editing software

For any computer related topics such as hardware, operating systems, computer problems and the like.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Astica
divine
divine

editing software

Postby Astica » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Damn it am I the only one on these boards that sucks at computers? Actually don't answer that question, answer this one instead.

I cannot for the life of me get windows movie maker to work on my computer. I'm using windows 7, and I have a 2.10GHz processor, which seems to be the problem. I just need something really basic that will knit clips together and let me compress and export them, can anyone recommend anything that might work in windows with a processor as apparently average as mine?

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:08 pm

For those simple, occasional video editing needs i've been using PowerDirector. Not sure what specs you need though.

However I also remember using Avid on my old single-core 1.6GHz notebook, so I wonder why you have troubles using Windows Movie Maker.

For creating DVDs I can recommend DVDFlick. Very basic, but I think it also allows for simple video editing.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:01 am

I don't know why I'm having this trouble, either. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, updated drivers, restarted tried many times and it just wont work. I've got these massive avi files I need to put together and compress and I can't and it's really frustrating. Not to mention the DVDs I'm meant to have already sent people >.<

Thanks for the recommendations, checking out powerdirector currently.

EDIT: just downloaded an ancient pre-"live" version of windows movie maker.
Successssssss :D

Return to “Computers”