Glanzstoff

News and Announcements regarding this site and its content. Reply only.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

User avatar
HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7931
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: yurop
Contact:

Glanzstoff

Postby HeRetiK » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:45 pm

We are living breathing-machines, spiraling downward, one heartbeat at a time.

Watch "Glanzstoff"

User avatar
Azgarth
divine
divine
Posts: 5554
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:30 am
Location: holland

Postby Azgarth » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:54 pm

i like it, are you going to make more rhythm based flash?

(something i'm always curious about)where'd it come from?

i preferred the sound of rabaukendisko, but these images put you more in the sound.
Music over Matter

User avatar
HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7931
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: yurop
Contact:

Postby HeRetiK » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:03 pm

Azgarth wrote:i like it, are you going to make more rhythm based flash?


We'll see. Usually the ideas of my flashes take some days to "ripen".
In this case (as in Rabaukendisko) creativity punched me in the face and spilled ideas all over the place.

Azgarth wrote:(something i'm always curious about)where'd it come from?


-) I always wanted to make a somber flash (or short film) featuring this track.
-) I wanted to use my CCT for an animation when I got them on a CD-ROM, but the idea didn't stuck back then. It just sneaked up to me from oblivion a few days ago.

User avatar
Elen Sila
divine
divine
Posts: 5054
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:10 pm

Postby Elen Sila » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:15 am

Always nice to see more movies coming off you.
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.


____

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine
Posts: 9942
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:17 pm
Location: on the corner of nothin' and nowhere

Postby dickwad » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:03 am

that. was. fucking. awesome.

i got goosebumps towards the end.

User avatar
Guitar_clock
divine
divine
Posts: 11480
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:59 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Postby Guitar_clock » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:34 am

Fifen. Not bad.

User avatar
obskewer
divine
divine
Posts: 2554
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:25 am
Location: Nowhere visible

Postby obskewer » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:50 am

I like the way you did that to the beat of a drum. Id consider that more a RL movie than an animation, but it'd be cool to see the two ideas incorporated together. The ending was powerful, giving the tone to the rest of the movie a balence.

EDIT: I had to watch it for a second time. If big Media used flash, they'd want to hire you for their propaganda.

User avatar
HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7931
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: yurop
Contact:

Postby HeRetiK » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:27 am

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, to bad that Flash isn't used in the traditional medias, that's why I stick around on the web. Then again, there's always other software to learn ;)

User avatar
Brandon
Teh Zombie
Posts: 2526
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Postby Brandon » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:45 pm

I like it, the way the pictures were distorted to the beat of the music was pretty brilliant.

But I still prefer your animated movies with story lines.

User avatar
Schnabel von Rom
divine
divine
Posts: 2422
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:25 pm
Location: Teh town

Postby Schnabel von Rom » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:13 pm

I find it very difficult to comment this type of work, so all I have to say is that I liked it and I found it interesting. I think I'll have to play through this several times to try to understand more (just like I had to with the new Radiohead album). I think it's pretty cool that you have used your own photographies (seen some of them before in 'Artwork' if I'm not mistaking) and the part with the roentgen of your own head was the one that made me think the most.

You should send this to Mr. Reznor himself. I'm sure he'll like it. I don't know if there's any copyright issues to it, but considering how liberal he is about piracy he will probably be happy about it.

My question for you is are you the kid we see in the end of the short? If not, would you mind sharing it with us?

User avatar
StuGa
deformed
deformed
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:25 pm
Location: Stuttgart
Contact:

Postby StuGa » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:44 pm

I love that movie and I love that "TV" style ... I´m trying this style so often but I never got the perfect style.
The song is awesome and you have made a awesome video to it.
Also a good piont in the movie is the Gasmask and the black and white effect.
Art is an extension of the soul. If you can not draw you are soulless.


Image

User avatar
HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7931
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: yurop
Contact:

Postby HeRetiK » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:52 pm

Yes, the kid at the end of the short is me. I think I actually posted it one time or another in the "Hide" thread.

User avatar
Frank Sino.
distorted
distorted
Posts: 952
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:01 am
Location: America's hat
Contact:

Postby Frank Sino. » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:22 pm

is it possible to get an animation of you ct scan? cause i did one last month and they havent called me in to see it yet so i might ask them

User avatar
Brandon
Teh Zombie
Posts: 2526
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Postby Brandon » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:33 pm

HeRetiK wrote:Yes, the kid at the end of the short is me. I think I actually posted it one time or another in the "Hide" thread.


aww how cute.

mini herry

User avatar
HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7931
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: yurop
Contact:

Postby HeRetiK » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:41 pm

Mr.Eisenfaust wrote:is it possible to get an animation of you ct scan? cause i did one last month and they havent called me in to see it yet so i might ask them


you mean if you could send me the CCT files and I make you an animated loop of it? yeah I could make that, if it's in regular .jpg or .gif format and numerated (which it usually will be, I guess)

I didn't asked for the disk, I just got it together with the results. And since I was curious I decided to take a look on what's on the CD. It contained the single CCT pictures and a small standalone software that basically enables you to make a scan through your brain.

User avatar
Frank Sino.
distorted
distorted
Posts: 952
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:01 am
Location: America's hat
Contact:

Postby Frank Sino. » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:29 pm

HeRetiK wrote:
Mr.Eisenfaust wrote:is it possible to get an animation of you ct scan? cause i did one last month and they havent called me in to see it yet so i might ask them


you mean if you could send me the CCT files and I make you an animated loop of it? yeah I could make that, if it's in regular .jpg or .gif format and numerated (which it usually will be, I guess)

I didn't asked for the disk, I just got it together with the results. And since I was curious I decided to take a look on what's on the CD. It contained the single CCT pictures and a small standalone software that basically enables you to make a scan through your brain.


i think you misunderstood me. then again i worded it kind of weirdly also.
what i should have put it is "Can you get an animation of your ct scan?" asking if it was possible to get your own ct scan animation. it's probably improper grammar that i and almost everyone i know has been using.

User avatar
obskewer
divine
divine
Posts: 2554
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:25 am
Location: Nowhere visible

Postby obskewer » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:34 pm

This is so worth sharing with others. However, I'm skeptical on how far it would make it on Newgrounds.

User avatar
HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7931
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: yurop
Contact:

Postby HeRetiK » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:37 pm

Mr.Eisenfaust wrote:i think you misunderstood me. then again i worded it kind of weirdly also.
what i should have put it is "Can you get an animation of your ct scan?" asking if it was possible to get your own ct scan animation.


You don't get an animation, but there's a software that lets you go through the several layers of your brain (also, calculating vertical and diagonal layers which however in this case where only very rough)
I think there was something like a "play" function as well though, meaning it would go through the layers automatically.

User avatar
StuGa
deformed
deformed
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:25 pm
Location: Stuttgart
Contact:

Postby StuGa » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:15 pm

HeRetiK wrote:
Mr.Eisenfaust wrote:i think you misunderstood me. then again i worded it kind of weirdly also.
what i should have put it is "Can you get an animation of your ct scan?" asking if it was possible to get your own ct scan animation.


You don't get an animation, but there's a software that lets you go through the several layers of your brain (also, calculating vertical and diagonal layers which however in this case where only very rough)
I think there was something like a "play" function as well though, meaning it would go through the layers automatically.


Do you know the name of that software ?
Art is an extension of the soul. If you can not draw you are soulless.





Image

User avatar
HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7931
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: yurop
Contact:

Postby HeRetiK » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:24 pm

Sorry, no idea.
Also it didn't seem to be a software to work with professionally, but merely like some sort of standalone player on steroids.

User avatar
Astica
divine
divine
Posts: 7366
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:57 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Astica » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:15 am

Nice. Music went very well. I remember you posting that pic of you as a kid in the hide thread, and I thought it was your brain from the thread you made with that picture also. Its like a blend of things from MD in way I cant find the right word to explain what I mean. Quite cool though. Be a bit strange if you hadnt ever seen any of your other work/visited MD though.

User avatar
HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7931
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: yurop
Contact:

Postby HeRetiK » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:25 pm



Return to “News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest