Infect.Evolve.Repeat

Comments on this site, the movies, games, artwork, etc. are welcome!
Found bugs or is something not working the way it should work? Ideas on how this site could be improved? Post them here.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Entropy

Infect.Evolve.Repeat

Postby Entropy » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:47 am

When biohazard is active, and there is only one virus on the screen, dropping that virus onto a red cell can cause both the red cell and virus to disappear without resulting in a game over. The user must then wait for the level to time out.

Re: Infect.Evolve.Repeat

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:25 am

Entropy wrote:When biohazard is active, and there is only one virus on the screen, dropping that virus onto a red cell can cause both the red cell and virus to disappear without resulting in a game over. The user must then wait for the level to time out.
right same with me

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:02 am

Several people have been reporting problems like that. I'm looking into it, I hope I'll find the reason for this.

moooo

Postby moooo » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:23 pm

if this is the wrong place, just delete my post-

Can u make like 1 out of every new viruses automatic like if u have a multiplacation of 5, then 1/5 of every virus is automatic, and if u have 10 than 1/10 is automatic. I get tired of having to micro manage 34 viruses at a time when they pass massive clusters of red blood cells and get devoured by whites

Viléém
divine
divine

Postby Viléém » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:53 am

that would propably make it too easy

Entropy

Postby Entropy » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:04 am

Well, that's essentially what biohazard does, except the cells get killed immediately and do not result in virus reproduction. Perhaps there could be a timed item similar to biohazard which does result in viruses automatically infecting the red cells they come in contact with?

Sir

Postby Sir » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:08 am

Or get rid of the time limit entierly. Make it more about survival than against the clock.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:42 am

the time limit is the only thing that keeps this game from running forever.

ardizt
Captain Evil Stomper

Postby ardizt » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:09 pm

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:17 pm

ArdiZt wrote:http://www.crapville.com/games_index.asp

now look at this. one who used to make good flash stuff himself started to steal content as well.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:24 pm

Sue.

saving

Postby guest » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:51 am

i loved the game myself, my only complaint is that it has no option to save the game between rounds. i thinnk that would be great. so if i get to level 9 and mess up i dont have to go back to scratch

asda653 (yet to register)

Postby asda653 (yet to register) » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:47 am

great game, friggen addictive. the saving feature would be cool. but what i think is that there should be a (separate, of course) survival mode not relying on cells destroyed but that there are waves of blood cells and antibiotics, getting stronger each wave. it would work exactly like the new one, plus you could make the upgrades right at the top of the screen instead of upgrading between rounds. and one thing this game NEEDS is a PAUSE button. it NEEDS A PAUSE BUTTON.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:10 am

haha. yes it does.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:58 am

asda653 (yet to register) wrote:great game, friggen addictive. the saving feature would be cool. but what i think is that there should be a (separate, of course) survival mode not relying on cells destroyed but that there are waves of blood cells and antibiotics, getting stronger each wave. it would work exactly like the new one, plus you could make the upgrades right at the top of the screen instead of upgrading between rounds. and one thing this game NEEDS is a PAUSE button. it NEEDS A PAUSE BUTTON.

i agree but i also wish there wasnt a time limit

Viléém
divine
divine

Postby Viléém » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:15 am

then it would be never ending.

next you'll want a boss blood cell at the end of each level?

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:52 pm

evrything could have been better maybe a autosaving but when i just drag the virous really up to infect a cell my virous was extinct

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:11 am

It's a great game, but the difficulty curve seems to get a bit steep after level 10, where you seem to need luck with the bonuses to succeed at all. It's not just hard, it seems almost physically impossible to drag the viruses quickly enough in the given time. If you don't get a time bonus or biohazard (or don't manage to reach them because of antibiotics), there isn't much chance of succeeding through your own skill. In summary, I think the number of red blood cells you need to destroy exceeds the time you're given a bit too much.

Overall, I think it might work better if the goal was to reach a certain population level of viruses, rather than destroying a certain number of red blood cells. Currently, the improvements you get don't really do anything directly to help you accomplish the task of dragging viruses onto red blood cells. There's a nice health supply of viruses to choose from, but that's it. If the goal was to reach a certain number of viruses, the virus improvements would be a lot more helpful and it'd feel like a real struggle; you'd be trying to support an ever-growing population of viruses in the face of those hostile cells. Maybe there could be two modes of play?

If you had this alternative, you could even replace the timer with an increasing immune response (faster on higher levels, of course); if you don't manage to infect quickly enough, the host body will simply overwhelm your poor viruses. This might be a bit much for a suggestion (and unlikely to happen unless there's a sequel), but the real point is that I think the game should be more about producing viruses than killing blood cells (they'll get killed anyway, but that's just a means to an end for your viruses :) ).

I do think that it should be possible in theory to play it forever; that's sort of the point of having a high score, isn't it? As long as someone can push a little harder and survive a little longer, the challenge can go on forever.

Syn
divine
divine

Postby Syn » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:32 am

@ Previous Guest:
That's great, descriptive feedback for the game. Although I do believe you should do something else with your spare time. Considering you take alot of concentration into improving something so simple as this.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:21 am

After an hour or three at the game, what's a minute or two more when a comment might help?

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:07 pm

Ha

Syn turns her compliment into a "go get a life" comment

Ha

Viléém
divine
divine

Postby Viléém » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:14 pm

although, she is right

unknown PL

Postby unknown PL » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:28 am

i like this game very much... But I'm getting angry when the time runs out... :cry: I can't make it trough level 11... Can You give a little bit more time :?: Because it's imposible to win the game without time bonus... Even when you're quick... Sorry for my english :oops: ...

Unknown PL

Postby Unknown PL » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:36 am

Or maybe if you can buy some time?? Or if You could give the time You saved from the last round + time of new round?

ardizt
Captain Evil Stomper

Postby ardizt » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:19 pm

now, shush.

Return to “Comments, Suggestions & Bug Reports”