/)_(\ *hide*

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Overall, MD's full of..

Ugly bitches!!11omfg
11%
OoOooOOo Hot..
36%
Meh.
53%

Total votes: 152

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:14 pm

Nice to see you back.. I am reading this at like 9 am on Saturday morning and your saying it is Easter.. I don't know why but that just blows me away... I used to think this place was all Atheists but it seems like there are a lot of Christians here too. Happy Easter... it is the day that makes our religion real... the resurrection.
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS

ardizt
Captain Evil Stomper

Postby ardizt » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:37 pm

I hate it how some people think that all Christians are some Ned Flanders clones. I'm christian and Im no different than anyone else on these boards.

fyi

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:53 pm

I am with you on this one Ardy.. but boy you could get jumped on here. I have certainly read many many posts putting downs Christians.
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Schnabel von Rom
divine
divine

Postby Schnabel von Rom » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:35 pm

Thanks :) I am not a Christian, but an agnostic. Easter is an official holiday in Norway so everyone gets free from school and work.

Oh, and I love Christians, especially the extremists ones.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/

obskewer
divine
divine

Postby obskewer » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:41 pm

lol

God Hates America!

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:53 pm

you don't have to be christian to celebrate easter, just like you don't have to be christian to celebrate christmas. neither of them have much to do with jesus anymore, anyway.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:58 pm

This is true.

Also, I personally like this:

My little saying wrote:Easter occurs on the first Sunday after the first Full Moon after the Vernal Equinox.

And it's NOT pagan. Noooo....
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:25 pm

lskadfhslkadfh; wrote:you don't have to be christian to celebrate easter, just like you don't have to be christian to celebrate christmas. neither of them have much to do with jesus anymore, anyway.

Like anything else in this world it is all what you make of it.

There are certainly many Christian churches that would throw me out the door.
Its funny, I have studied the Bible from cover to cover. Everyone reads and sees what they want to believe. I know I have seen God work in my life.
Maybe if more of you would simply open your eyes you would see God too. I know once you open the door, you will never be able to close it.

Fire away....

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:10 pm

nobody here is going to attack you for your beliefs, it's only if you act like a douche about them it becomes a problem.

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:44 pm

I'm a bitch not a douche so I don't think that will be a problem.

I do however believe what I wrote above and I will judge no one for their particular beliefs. I may not agree or understand but I won't judge.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:15 am

evilredqueen wrote:Its funny, I have studied the Bible from cover to cover.

What a boring time you must have had :?

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:24 am

No GC not really true.. yes there are some parts that are pure boring... but if you start to really break things down and cross reference between books and verses its pretty kool. And other than the few boring parts it is really just a good story. Is anyone watching the movie the TEN Comandments tonight? Or let me rephrase that .. how many here have seen the movie at some point in their lives. I am curious Rob, have you ever read the Bible?

JamesOrvell
damaged
damaged

Postby JamesOrvell » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:30 am

[REDACTED]
Last edited by JamesOrvell on Thu May 05, 2011 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:36 am

I've read the bible. A waste of time. I could've understood Trig before I could understand the bible.

As long as you have faith in something, regardless of what it is, then you are fine in life.
For all we know humans are just weapons created by the world.
Yonaka Sanryu - This thread makes the EMOs slit their wrists.

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:48 am

Religion or better said, churches were intended as a means to control the people.

I am not sure I understand Burned.. why couldn't you understand it? Don't use a King James.. get a modern translation.. it makes it so much easier.

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:15 am

I have read both types, the "King James version" and the one of the modern ones. What I don't understand is how they expect everyone to believe what it has in it. To me it's like a game that has a great setting, and time period, but is ruined by it's plot or sidequests.
For all we know humans are just weapons created by the world.

Yonaka Sanryu - This thread makes the EMOs slit their wrists.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:30 am

Religion was created to explain the things that the people couldn't understand. Then the people in power realized that religion can be helpful to stay in control as well.

"You know, the king doesn't see every bad thing you do. But some people in the sky do. And they will punish you. So do what we say. Of course it will pay off. You'll get your reward after... errr... you died."

Viléém
divine
divine

Postby Viléém » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:57 am

darki3lade wrote:Actually Easter was placed on a pagan holiday more to cover it up than to celebrate the rebirth of christ. the same goes for christmas I think... and I know theres one other christian holiday that was used to cover up another pagan one...
EDIT: sorry hit the post button too soon, BTW im not bashing easter or anything, im actually christian myself. but I do find it odd that the church was so intent on wiping out pagan's that they moved the actual dates of historic events just to cover up other holidays.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSm7YPMQOSo[/youtube]

sombra_cristalina
divine
divine

Postby sombra_cristalina » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:32 pm

evilredqueen wrote:I am with you on this one Ardy.. but boy you could get jumped on here. I have certainly read many many posts putting downs Christians.

I think that I may have done that in the past, but that was when I was younger and more stubborn.

At this point, I don't have a problem with Christians, in fact most of my friends are Christian. I just have a problem with how a few members are using their religion.

StuGa
deformed
deformed

Postby StuGa » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:23 pm

HeRetiK wrote:Religion was created to explain the things that the people couldn't understand. Then the people in power realized that religion can be helpful to stay in control as well.

"You know, the king doesn't see every bad thing you do. But some people in the sky do. And they will punish you. So do what we say. Of course it will pay off. You'll get your reward after... errr... you died."

I read that the church in 13 century-15 century held the technical development about 2000 years back, with sentences like you wrote.
Art is an extension of the soul. If you can not draw you are soulless.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:58 pm

evilredqueen wrote:I am curious Rob, have you ever read the Bible?

I've been going to catholic school from kindergarten to all 4 years of high school, what do you think¿

of course not.

However I have studied The Old and New Testaments in school, and have read certain passages of The New Testament that I've come to love, for example: The Narrow and Wide Gates
Matthew 7:13-14 wrote:"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

I love this one because it doesn't say "worship god or be nice to others or you'll forever burn in hell as a result of your sin." It's basically just saying what's true about destruction and life, and lets *you* decide which road you'd like to take. :arrow:

@thread:

ardizt
Captain Evil Stomper

Postby ardizt » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:16 pm

Graaarrrr

Withouth glasses, you could be young Simon Pegg!

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:21 am

ERQ wrote:but if you start to really break things down and cross reference between books and verses its pretty kool.

It's especially cool if you have The Interlinear Bible, which contains both the literal English translations as well as the original Hebrew and Greek texts.

*is a linguistics nut*

Darkiblade wrote:Actually Easter was placed on a pagan holiday more to cover it up than to celebrate the rebirth of christ. the same goes for christmas I think... and I know theres one other christian holiday that was used to cover up another pagan one...

Christmas = hibernal solstice
Easter = vernal equinox
Halloween = autumnal equinox
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:14 pm

Ardizt wrote:Graaarrrr

Withouth glasses, you could be young Simon Pegg!

Lol.. The first thought that popped into my head was a young David Byrne.

GC I really feel for you I do. I was raised in a strict Catholic enviroment. The house that guilt built. They also have their own unique bible. Have you ever read any other bibles?

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:45 pm

I've only read from The New American Bible for high school, though I have seen versions that have "Jesus, Heaven/hell, Satan" as every other word, and it's a huge turn-off that's so specific and not open for interpretation. I got a neat version of The New Testament called "Live in the Light" which is basically translated into readable contemporary English. That version I do have plans to read.

Return to “General Discussion”