/)_(\ *hide*

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Overall, MD's full of..

Ugly bitches!!11omfg
16
11%
OoOooOOo Hot..
55
36%
Meh.
81
53%
 
Total votes: 152

User avatar
dot.
divine
divine
Posts: 1624
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:26 pm
Location: Louisiana
Contact:

Postby dot. » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:15 pm

Homosexual - An decent guy to hang with who is sexually attracted to other men. Someone that is intelligent in his gayness, someone that knows where to draw the line. Like a 13 year old that is mature enough to hang out with the seniors in high school.

Fag - Flaming to the point of annoyance or disgust. Someone that takes a big ball of their gayness and crams it down everyone's throat whether or not they want it hear about it. Like the 13 year old that tries too hard to be cool with the older kids, making the older ones despise him/her.


Not speaking for AUG, just my personal take.
I've got one hand in my pocket

User avatar
Chichevache
divine
divine
Posts: 1734
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:36 am

Postby Chichevache » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:42 am

In the Bay a fag is pretty much a douchebag.
I can't decide which one of us will leave here alive
Your fingers breaking as I place them over mine
The only thing I need is time
To change your mind, I said

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine
Posts: 9942
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:17 pm
Location: on the corner of nothin' and nowhere

Postby dickwad » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:26 am

dot = spot-on.

User avatar
Elen Sila
divine
divine
Posts: 5054
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:10 pm

Postby Elen Sila » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Chiche wrote:
Anarch wrote:Guys don't look good with fat on them.


My point wasn't that he should be fat. My point was that he has no muscle. It's all in the angles.


Wasn't talking to you. Was talking to this person.

dot. wrote:Too much muscle tone.


Eh, I like my guys a little on the chubby side. Nicer to snuggle with.

_____

Darky wrote:
Anarch, emphasis mine wrote:Guys don't look good with fat on them. They aren't supposed to; they're supposed to be the foragers, hunters, gatherers, fighters.


I disagree.

In many cultures, especially those with strong roots in hunter-gatherer origins, fat is seen as a sign of bounty and skill. You can't be fat without the ability to become so, and if you can take care of yourself to the point of excess than by logical assumption you can keep a family fed. Its only been in more modern times that it has been seen as a sign of weakness, mostly because it shows lack of self-control, but also because of an inflated view in media culture on what defines what is desirable for a mate.


Meh. Point taken. But my aesthetic views are unchanged.

I'm thin as a nail, but I always cringe at my apparent lack of jawline, and the way my belly bulges if I'm not standing perfectly straight. It just doesn't look right, especially not on someone who is so otherwise skinny.

Dot wrote:Homosexual - An decent guy to hang with who is sexually attracted to other men. Someone that is intelligent in his gayness, someone that knows where to draw the line. Like a 13 year old that is mature enough to hang out with the seniors in high school.

Fag - Flaming to the point of annoyance or disgust. Someone that takes a big ball of their gayness and crams it down everyone's throat whether or not they want it hear about it. Like the 13 year old that tries too hard to be cool with the older kids, making the older ones despise him/her.


Not speaking for AUG, just my personal take.


You make it sound like there's no middle ground. I personally would see the former 13 year old as a total stiff and a hardass, and would find him only slightly less intolerable than the latter.

My friend Ian is "mature" and "intelligent in his gayness", but he's not some would-be / wanna-be sophistiqué who hangs out with people twice his age. He plays video games, and enjoys computer programming. He wears tennis shoes and white T-shirts. He is nowhere near either end of your spectrum.

My friend Owen is 39 years old, yet he acts boyish and gay, and one almost expects to hear a lisp come out of his mouth at any second. But he is also shockingly intelligent, speaks french fluently, and can engage you in a two-hour conversation about movies, wines, or enlightenment era philosophers. He's a complete mix of both ends of your spectrum.
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.


____

User avatar
Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass
Posts: 8862
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

Postby Spaced Ape » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:56 pm

There is ALWAYS a middle ground.
Is there a promised land
Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?
Are the streets paved with gold
Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?
DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:16 pm

Darklire wrote:There is ALWAYS a middle ground.


Apparently not for all the members posting here.
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
Guitar_clock
divine
divine
Posts: 11480
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:59 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Postby Guitar_clock » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:29 pm

Anarch wrote:I'm thin as a nail, but I always cringe at my apparent lack of jawline, and the way my belly bulges if I'm not standing perfectly straight. It just doesn't look right, especially not on someone who is so otherwise skinny.

Would you prefer your belly to be flat while you're sitting down as well¿

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:35 pm

It's reversible, Anarch. Either put on weight other places, or lose the weight there. If you hate it, do something about it. It doesn't require surgery like your other predicament.

And don't make any excuses.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

User avatar
Guitar_clock
divine
divine
Posts: 11480
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:59 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Postby Guitar_clock » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:38 pm

Fat is crucial to good cell function!! :(

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:48 pm

Well if someone has some to sell .. sell it to me.
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass
Posts: 8862
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

Postby Spaced Ape » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:53 pm

evilredqueen wrote:
Darklire wrote:There is ALWAYS a middle ground.


Apparently not for all the members posting here.


You're one to talk.
Is there a promised land

Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?

Are the streets paved with gold

Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?

DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:13 pm

Darklire wrote:
evilredqueen wrote:
Darklire wrote:There is ALWAYS a middle ground.


Apparently not for all the members posting here.


You're one to talk.


Yep, certainly right behind you in line.
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:19 pm

I don't know. ERQ, you're like the archetype of someone not having a middle ground.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Well I am definitely one of a kind Voly but I have middle ground and I am a person who can compromise ... I have just been "branded" and that I doubt I will ever be able to get rid of..no matter what. so I guess I live with it. I'm curious.. how did YOU arrive at that conclusion? :_)
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:30 pm

Because, although there is little to compromise about on the internet, your steadfastness in arguments (regardless of not making sense sometimes) leads me to believe you would be as bullheaded and uncompromising in real life.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:00 pm

Well my friend.. you are mistaken. Please show me a post or two by someone else here that was a compromise or someone else admitting they were wrong. lol You all are as stubborn and bullheaded as me for sure. =P
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


ƒrosty
divine
divine
Posts: 5909
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:08 pm

Postby ƒrosty » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:25 pm

I know I've done it a couple times (if only a couple).

That quite handy though how you ask him to provide proof in a manner you know is colossally tedious and is likely that no one will do.

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:45 pm

Frosty wrote:I know I've done it a couple times (if only a couple).

That quite handy though how you ask him to provide proof in a manner you know is colossally tedious and is likely that no one will do.


Ya I thought so too. lol And believe it or not you were one of the people that I knew had done that. I also know that I have done it a couple here and there myself. Of course mine don't count :_)

I would be curious to see where Darky ever admitted he was in error, left some gray area open, or offered up a compromise though. I think the world might end before that happens.
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
Elen Sila
divine
divine
Posts: 5054
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:10 pm

Postby Elen Sila » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:14 am

I have rarely admitted error, because I have rarely been in error.

I remember once, my mother emotionally tortured me into confessing to an act I did not commit. One of the more traumatic moments of my life. It really hardened me.
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.




____

User avatar
dot.
divine
divine
Posts: 1624
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:26 pm
Location: Louisiana
Contact:

Postby dot. » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:06 am

I'm too lazy to look up exact quotes - My best hope is that Anarch won't be, but I seem to remember several points where you called people out for taking a middle ground stance. If someone's not for you, they're against you. The most recent was Voly, where you were demanding a percentage or something from him. I think it was about cops, idk. But you have never offered a compromise or middle ground that I can remember. I'll believe you if you offer proof. You say all, we say some. You say none, we say it's not like that here. You say our town's fucked up, we say it's just a small group.


. . .I really think I'm about done with this place. SoSZ's getting a little more lively. I like teh unstructured aspect of this place, but fuck. Things are getting ridiculous. I log in every day wondering what asinine bull you're going to spew, and at who. I wonder if I'm going to feel obliged to join in and disagree, even though it will do no good, because you simply refuse to listen and absorb information.l
I've got one hand in my pocket

User avatar
Chichevache
divine
divine
Posts: 1734
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:36 am

Postby Chichevache » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:28 am

ERQ, you do tend to swing from victim or attacker. You almost never take the neutral route, regardless of the discussion.
I can't decide which one of us will leave here alive

Your fingers breaking as I place them over mine

The only thing I need is time

To change your mind, I said

User avatar
Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass
Posts: 8862
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

Postby Spaced Ape » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:50 pm

evilredqueen wrote:I would be curious to see where Darky ever admitted he was in error, left some gray area open, or offered up a compromise though. I think the world might end before that happens.


I don't know where it is in the forum but I distinctly remember making the statement that time doesn't exist and I believe it was Anarch who through a very good scientific explenation proved it to me.

There was also a time when I was arguing tastes in music and Wayne got me to understand finally that everyone's taste can be different and its not based on one's intelligence. Much like how I'd be considered a relatively smart person but listen to bands like Insane Clown Posse.

I'm only stubborn when counter-arguments given to me are awash with bologna, much like yours are. And now that you have most of the forum saying you never go middle ground, you still push yourself as worldly and wise, which in only in some cases you are. For instance, I've never been to Bangkok, but you have. If I were to make the statement that everyone in Bangkok smells of rancid eggs, and you told me differently, I would take your word for it. If you told me that flying a plane is really hard to learn, I'd have to take your word for it as I personally have never flown a plane and personally don't know any pilots. But when you tell me that Albert Einstein's first wife came up with the special theory of relativity, and all that you have to back it up is a TV show, you stick with your guns no matter how many instances of evidence against your views there are.

But the reason you think I've never admitted an error is because I probably haven't to you. Sometimes I don't think you notice how self-rightous you are. I mean, of course I've got a stick up my ass, but that's mostly because I've been on this forum so long dealing with idgits like you that I start grouping them all into one large "idiot" category. Sure, you may not neccisarily belong in there, but like you said you are branded, and that's been your fault, not ours. You talk like you have a stick up your ass that hoists you to heights unreached by fellow members.

I don't have the time to be searching MD for quotes dealing with such vapid bullshit as whether or not I admitted I was wrong on a god damn forum mostly inhabited by teenagers. Do you not realize how immature it is for a woman of your age to come to a place like this and behave as if you're a top dog? This is the god damn internet! Get with the game you old hag.
Is there a promised land

Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?

Are the streets paved with gold

Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?

DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:31 pm

Darky, again it is you that starts the name calling... I am no different than anyone else here. You all pretty much stick to your own arguements and I see little compromise or change from any of you. No one ever seems to admit they are wrong. You seems to think your sources are better than mine... bull shit. I get a lot of my info from " Nova". If you don't watch it you are missing a lot. They are always unbiased and present the facts as they are found. Even Wiki, which seems to be everyone bible including my own sometimes leaves room for controversy on a lot of subjects. I am the oldest here and I can't change that nor do I feel bad about it. I have had a lot more life experience than most of you.. another simple fact I cannot change. I don't know where you come up with all this " high and mighty crap" but you keep doing it no matter what I do or write. Pull the stick out of your own ass and maybe you will see the world and me a bit differently. Here , like the bible somethings can never be proven for sure one way or another.

http://www.pbs.org/opb/einsteinswife/science/mquest.htm

Open up your mind !!! Time to pull your emergency chute ... oh and I am a fan of ICP too.. lol imagine that.

Aug I am as neutral as you are at least.

Dot .. just STFU. You need to learn how to get the joke ... everything wouldn't fly right over your head so easily. You may also want to learn how not to carry grudges ... or was that "lead the best life I can" and " we are all friends at the end of the day", more bull shit? It would seem you are not what you say you are. Now what would be the word for that ....... ?
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
dot.
divine
divine
Posts: 1624
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:26 pm
Location: Louisiana
Contact:

Postby dot. » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:51 pm

Rather, it is much more likely that Mileva's contributions were those of an assistant and a sounding board—a common role among both women scientists and wives of scientists, and one that rendered even the most talented and productive among them virtually invisible. In Mileva's case, it is likely that she discussed Einstein's ideas, proofread his papers and, possibly, helped with some of the mathematical proofs.
I've got one hand in my pocket

User avatar
Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass
Posts: 8862
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

Postby Spaced Ape » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:04 pm

But isn't obvious the patriarchal scientific community hid her contributions because they were afraid of another sceintific star that opened the floodgates for private contributions ala Marie Curie?

:wink:
Is there a promised land

Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?

Are the streets paved with gold

Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?

DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests