TEH VIDEO DUMP

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:37 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3cGfrExozQ&playnext_from=TL&videos=IYuC_BwjgZY[/youtube]

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:39 pm

@GC's video - That's beautiful. That's so beautiful. I can't even express how beautiful that is. He thinks just like I do. :)

I wrote:Having fun with the GECK, the official Fallout III content creation program, I constructed this monumental chamber in about two hours. At its heart lies the Jacobee Composition Kit, a container which spits out random 8-letter words. (The workings of the kit's inner machinations are in themselves almost as complex as the chamber itself, and probably took me longer to design.)

I made this because I have been working on creating a fictitious language ever since I read The Lord Of The Rings in fifth grade, and every time I give up and start over, it's always because I feel like I'm not being original enough. At first I would base my languages off of latin, and then off of greek. Finally I decided I was going to come up with a way of producing a language with a completely original set of vocabulary, not derived from any existing language. Hence arose the concept of the Jacobee Composition Kit. ("Jacobee" is just a working title I use for my language, since I have no better name for it.)

The kit works by randomly picking letters for each position in the word from a preset list that I composed myself. Letters are weighted so that some will appear more frequently than others in certain positions. There are also one silent consonant (which appears in-game as an apostrophe) and one silent vowel (which appears in-game as a hyphen).

The words the kit produces are very long and primitive-sounding. This is because the kit does not actually spit out words in their final form as they will appear in my language's eventual lexicography, but rather produces etyma (roots/origins). The extra syllables on the end are used when the word switches from one function to another, and serve as suffixes, like "-ness" or "-ize" in english; so even though the words the kit produces are all three or four syllables long, the final words will all be only one or two syllables long, at least in their base forms. Here is a run-down of the words shown in this video, and their transliterated and abridged forms as they would appear in a lexicography.

'eqemeye → eqem ("ey-keym")
wose'-pa → wosep ("woh-seyp")
weŋ-peqa → wimpe ("wim-pey")
wewefele → wewef ("wey-weyf")
loy-fepe → luife ("lwee-fey")
famem-we → famiu ("fah-myoo")
ŋa'-lama → ŋala ("ngah-lah")

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtaXSBxHnPs[/youtube]
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:06 pm

You are making a language with the assistance of a computer game?

That is one of the strangest things I have ever heard of, but if it works, go for it.

Do the words mean anything?
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:18 pm

Voly wrote:You are making a language with the assistance of a computer game?

That is one of the strangest things I have ever heard of, but if it works, go for it.

Do the words mean anything?

Meanings can only be assigned after I've drawn up a list of morphemes. So no, they don't mean anything yet.

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Your chamber is too big

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:11 pm

@GC's video - That's beautiful. That's so beautiful. I can't even express how beautiful that is. He thinks just like I do. Smile

used to be my idea, but no longer.
it's stupid not to call someone who's black black. just like it's stupid not to call a blonde blonde. it's a descriptor. we shouldn't add judgement to it, it's no different in quality. it does exist however, and thus should be acknowledged.

at your creation, nice work, i assume you did it with loot lists?
Music over Matter

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:18 pm

Azgarth wrote:
@GC's video - That's beautiful. That's so beautiful. I can't even express how beautiful that is. He thinks just like I do. Smile

it's stupid not to call someone who's black black. just like it's stupid not to call a blonde blonde. it's a descriptor. we shouldn't add judgement to it, it's no different in quality. it does exist however, and thus should be acknowledged.

Why thusly¿

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:08 am

part of them.
i don't mean at every occasion, but i think being able to say "that black guy" is a good thing, as long as you don't intend anything other than the factual description.
if i describe you, i'd describe your hair, eyes, general shape, skin colour, etc. if you were purple, you'd look different, deserves to be acknowledged.

other'n that, there's the fact that different genes mean different dispositions, there are certain medicine meant for negroids for a reason.
discrimination, in the purest sense of the word, seeing the difference between things, is a good thing. giving it a certain value is not.

difference 'tween the view freeman in the vid and mine, is that he wants everyone to be "person", i'd like the distinction. it's there in the world, it should be there in a person's view.
Music over Matter

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:20 am

Az wrote:

Oh, I wasn't referring to that, and I don't think he was saying otherwise. He wasn't saying he shouldn't be thought of as physically black, just that he shouldn't be thought of as being of the black race.

at your creation, nice work, i assume you did it with loot lists?

They're called "leveled lists" in the program, but yeah. It took something like three levels of lists and sublists to achieve the proper ratios.

____

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:04 am

's what i meant, yeah. been a while since i looked into the creation kit or GECK.
you use any resources you can find on the forum/falloutnexus?
Music over Matter

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:53 am

I did not use the script extender, or any other program but the GECK. Sometimes I am disappointed by the GECK's limitations, but usually its utility exceeds my expectations, if a little ingenuity is exercised.

____

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:35 am

Azgarth wrote:difference 'tween the view freeman in the vid and mine, is that he wants everyone to be "person", i'd like the distinction. it's there in the world, it should be there in a person's view.

Other way around, for you, I'm guessing. Do you realize¿

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 am

the script extender helps loads though, in allowing new things.
there's also plenty of stuff like textures/meshes available for you to use. though i imagine you don't need that stuff much right now.
Music over Matter

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:04 am

The script extender would be nice if I were going to create some sort of total conversion, but as it is I am content with working within the game's existing framework.

____

rainboo
divine
divine

Postby rainboo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:14 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klCSyq0Ii14[/youtube]

:lol: :lol:
TALK SHIT GET HIT.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:59 am

old

rainboo
divine
divine

Postby rainboo » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:18 am

YOURE old :|
TALK SHIT GET HIT.

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:20 am

That means I'm older. :cry:
I can't decide which one of us will leave here alive
Your fingers breaking as I place them over mine
The only thing I need is time
To change your mind, I said

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:04 am

the fuuuck

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDHSbrPZH4A[/youtube]

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:14 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jgkm2pdWgY[/youtube]
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:46 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7r6XXI_oX0[/youtube]

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:51 am

OH, MEAT!

Oh my god, I want a gif of 0:31 - 0:34.

____

Morph
distorted
distorted

Postby Morph » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:59 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZX0m0vbsIc[/youtube]
Feel my hands around your throat.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:17 pm

I WANNA SEE YOUR PUSSY SHOW IT TO ME

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2RykBWW7k0[/youtube]

____

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:55 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I[/youtube]

Return to “General Discussion”