HeRetiK's Invasion of the USA

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

HeRetiK's Invasion of the USA

Postby HeRetiK » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:46 pm

That's right. The flight's already booked. From the 8. July to the 17. August I'll be befouling American soil. First NY, then road-tripping through the south-west of the USA, starting in San Francisco. We're still planning the route.

Are any MDers from California / Arizona / Nevada / etc?

HeckBilly
elmo molester

Postby HeckBilly » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:54 pm

Nice. The dollar is worth jackshit these days, so you definately got the timing right, before western economy collapse.

Don't forget the camera now, darling.

ardizt
Captain Evil Stomper

Postby ardizt » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:05 pm

Who are you traveling with? I never get to travel anywhere :E

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:38 pm

Wow, that'll give you a lot of time. I know it takes only two or three days to drive from Michigan to Arizona. Let's see...you'll want a camera, a lot of money, bring a lot of music, a knife or gun probably. Stay away from any random girls (or guys) that hit on you before they even see your face, it's a good chance they have a STD. The age of consent vary from state to state, but it's often 18-16 (Hawaii is 14 though). Stay away from the emos that in a circle, they'll cut you (that actually happened in Ann Arbor).
For all we know humans are just weapons created by the world.
Yonaka Sanryu - This thread makes the EMOs slit their wrists.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:49 pm

We're a group of 5, rather randomly mixed people. I hardly know these people, but they hardly know each other, so it's going to be an interesting experiment. All of them seem alright though.

My credit card arrived a few days ago, so that's that. It's a lot of time indeed, but I'm pretty sure it's time well spent. Even if it gets boring - I'm rather taking the chance to get bored in the USA than getting bored at home ;p

Burned, I know I'm a person that occasionally implies man-love (also in RL), but no, I'm not homosexual (as yet). I guess the STD rule of thumb is true everywhere anyways though.

sombra_cristalina
divine
divine

Postby sombra_cristalina » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:17 pm

Burned wrote: a knife or gun probably.

I doubt that you can bring those on a plane. They consider knitting needles a weapon nowadays.

@Hery: Oh good, maybe if enough of you Europeans tour the states, you can save the economy!

Some helpful hints:

1. As you start heading towards the West or South (Wyoming, Montana, Texas etc.), be leery when you are in some of the really small towns. Some don't take kindly to outsiders, especially if they look/act different. A few decades ago, a guy having long hair in the wrong town would get a haircut with a chainsaw (true story). But I don't think you'll have to worry about anything like that happening.

2. Don't let the prostitution and gambling get the best of you in Nevada.

3. Ask around where some of the better parts of town are when you go into certain states i.e. it might not be the greatest idea to go into inner city Detroit.

4. Avoid motels that charge by the half-hour.

5. Lock your car doors even when you're driving. A city by me has a problem with people trying to get into cars when they're stopped at a light.

But overall, you shouldn't have any problems. Have fun and send pictures!

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:37 pm

sombra_cristalina wrote:1. As you start heading towards the West or South (Wyoming, Montana, Texas etc.), be leery when you are in some of the really small towns. Some don't take kindly to outsiders, especially if they look/act different. A few decades ago, a guy having long hair in the wrong town would get a haircut with a chainsaw (true story). But I don't think you'll have to worry about anything like that happening.

*shudder*

Avenge my death if this happens.

sombra_cristalina wrote:2. Don't let the prostitution and gambling get the best of you in Nevada.

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Right? RIGHT?

sombra_cristalina wrote:3. Ask around where some of the better parts of town are when you go into certain states i.e. it might not be the greatest idea to go into inner city Detroit.

Yeah, we'll be trying to make sure of that. But I guess common sense will also be helpful.

sombra_cristalina wrote:4. Avoid motels that charge by the half-hour.

Good point. Didn't think of that.

sombra_cristalina wrote:5. Lock your car doors even when you're driving. A city by me has a problem with people trying to get into cars when they're stopped at a light.

Are you serious?! I'm used to this from the Philipinnes, I didn't know that this also happens in the USA. Thanks for the heads up.

Ragdoll Bob
divine
divine
Location: Ragdolling through the universe like a, um, ragdoll thing.

Postby Ragdoll Bob » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:41 pm

I'm just going to make a point here that I live in the US, and I wouldn't have thought of a quarter of the things mentioned here...

I live in a happy little city near the middle of CO, and we're nice to outsiders here.

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:04 pm

sombra_cristalina wrote:
Burned wrote: a knife or gun probably.

I doubt that you can bring those on a plane. They consider knitting needles a weapon nowadays.

I meant buy one after the plane.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:40 pm

Money is everything here. Don't run out and don't give it away.

Western NY¿!

bird7795
divine
divine

Postby bird7795 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:20 pm

head down to tijuana make your way to san luis and bring weapons in from there. or whatever. green.

obskewer
divine
divine

Postby obskewer » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:27 pm

My Advice:

Don't believe anything that comes out of the mouth of someone dressed in a mini skirt and T-shirt that's too small for them.

bird7795
divine
divine

Postby bird7795 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:30 pm

oh yeah. dont look emo in mexico. they'll fook you up

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:21 pm

@bird7795: We actually plan to drop by in Tijuana, but only shortly. Also I've read about the Emocaust in Mexico. Gotta make sure not to be mistaken as one. Looking rather Metal then Emo, yes.

@t3h MoB: That's what I mean with "Common sense is also helpful"

sombra_cristalina
divine
divine

Postby sombra_cristalina » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:11 am

@hery: There are shit heads everywhere. Luckily, there's more nice people around to balance it out. It should be a great experience as long as you have your common sense like you said you would.

I forgot to mention that if you like camping that you should definitely go to Yellowstone or the Big Horn mountains in Wyoming. They're beautiful and aren't unbearably hot like the rest off the state.

How many states do you plan on visiting?

daemon
divine
divine

Postby daemon » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:11 pm

Yo. I live in a small town in arkansas. Foreman actually. And btw if there are any pedofiles on this website, I dont give a fuck. There is enough medieval weaponry in my room and most of the time hidden on me that I dont really think about giving my shit out anymore. So, whatever, drop by if you want heretik. if you want dir pm me for my cell number
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam.

StuGa
deformed
deformed

Postby StuGa » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:47 pm

@ Hery: Will you rent a car our how will you travel ?

Me and a friend want to visit the USA too in about 3 years :D So anyone knows nice cities ? We would like to go to L.A. and San Fransico. Or we will make a tour like Hery through the USA. But like I said 3 years so a long time to wait...
Art is an extension of the soul. If you can not draw you are soulless.

sombra_cristalina
divine
divine

Postby sombra_cristalina » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:54 pm

@ Stuga: You should visit Chicago or Seattle. Great cities.

Schnabel von Rom
divine
divine

Postby Schnabel von Rom » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:42 pm

I've never been in America myself, but it really seems like you guys try to scare him with all sorts of warnings. For example, conditions in Russia are much worse than in the States, but there was never a moment where I felt unsafe. "Bring a knife or a gun"!? Ridiculous, that's exactly what will get you in trouble, especially if you don't know how to use one.

Do you all have a drivers license or are you going to be the chauffeur?

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:31 pm

The guy that initiated this trip has a friend who wants to import a car to Austria. And luckily, we're allowed to use this car for our roadtrip :D

We all have driving licenses, we only need to get them translated. The car will be insured and the guy that started it all knows how to fix cars - so we're well prepared and ready to go :D

Once I got a draft of the route I'll post it.

Schnabel von Rom
divine
divine

Postby Schnabel von Rom » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:38 pm

What kind of car is it? Somewhy I imagine you all in a convertible, Fear and Loathing style.

sombra_cristalina
divine
divine

Postby sombra_cristalina » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:54 pm

the great destroyer wrote:I've never been in America myself, but it really seems like you guys try to scare him with all sorts of warnings. For example, conditions in Russia are much worse than in the States, but there was never a moment where I felt unsafe. "Bring a knife or a gun"!? Ridiculous, that's exactly what will get you in trouble, especially if you don't know how to use one.

The only weapon you would need in the States is a sharp mind and a quick mouth. It's only certain parts that are really bad, but it's only a small fraction. Most of it's good and the people are nice and helpful, and 99.9% of the time, you only get trouble if you make trouble.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:26 pm

the great destroyer wrote:What kind of car is it? Somewhy I imagine you all in a convertible, Fear and Loathing style.

Hah, that'd be awesome :D

No, it's probably going to be a Mercedes S-Type. Ironically enough it seems to be cheaper to buy these in the US then in Germany.

bird7795
divine
divine

Postby bird7795 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:28 pm

i always carry a weapon. but then again i live on the border.

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:38 pm

Here's my reasons for including the weapon bit.

1. While on a trip to Washington D.C. with my classmates, there was a knife fight. The guides freaked out a bit and had everyone rush away, but none the less, it was still there.

2. Again while in D.C. I got offered a "gold" watch for $20 from a black man in a over coat. From my family, I've learned to never trust anyone in that business even if it's a close friend (I always knew McD were bad for me). I was half tempted in taking the offer though...

3. We've had several problems with students carrying knives into the school. My thought that if students are able to sneak knives into the school, their's a better chance of someone more adult having one in the bigger cities.

4. Finally, their is no better target of getting money, etc, then obvious foreigners that most likely have little idea in what to do in a dangerous situcation, specially if they don't know how to speak English...or Spanish.

Return to “General Discussion”