Politics of Today

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:19 pm

Well, in the last federal election you could: Muslim Woman who veiled their faces could have husbands vouch that 'yes, this is my wife', Parents who had the legal identification could vouch for their kids, etc. That won't be happening if the federal government has it's way - though I think it's being challenged by constitutional threats.

In regards to bringing identification, it is more of a problem for youth or the elderly. In the case of youth they move around so much that their identification is usually not up to date - ie, the driver's license will have their 'last' address thus voiding the use of that id for identifying that they live in the voting district. Elderly people more or less just get discouraged because 'I didn't have to do this in the last election' type of deal.

Generally all of them use to receive some warning from Elections Canada on how to vote too and where to vote and I think that may be getting somewhat limited.
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:07 pm

Ah okay. In Austria you don't have the address on your passport / drivers license, so you can use them as long as they don't expire or change your name. We have other documents as proof of residency, which aren't needed for voting. However people can only go voting within their given district anyways.

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:08 pm

Sorry guys ... been busy :P

@ GC ... have not bought weed in 3 months ..average less than one bowl per day. Average time per week on FB about 4 hours. Average time watching TV about 5 hours per week. What are your numbers? I think you need to redefine your definition of complaining. Fighting for your rights is not complaining in my book. Say nothing and you will only ever get what they give you !!! Always thought you were a leader not a follower. Dam it IS possible that I may be mistaken sometimes. :)

Thirty four states now require voter ID. That number will be higher shortly and in the not too distant future it will be all states. Government control.

For all you Americans out there ... pull out a dollar bill. You will find the words written ... Novus Ordo Seclorum. Now go translate them.
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:17 pm

What's your track record, ERQ, for fighting for peoples' rights¿ I'd love to see your CV.

I don't watch TV.

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:17 pm

My track record is long .. certainly longer than yours .. oh wait you don't have one ... and I will scream and kick till the day they burn me to ashes !!!
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:18 am

evilredqueen wrote:For all you Americans out there ... pull out a dollar bill. You will find the words written ... Novus Ordo Seclorum. Now go translate them.

Might as well relate to the declaration of independence, rather than a new world order in the literal sense
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novus_ordo_seclorum

Which would mean... *gasp* YOU AMERICANS ARE THE ILLUMINATI!!!

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:38 pm

Hery for taking the time to translate.... +5 pts :)

For the finger pointing ... -10 pts :P

And yes I wish I was one of them ... XD but I no longer have enough money to even be a Republican.

@Davion ... one of the guys I talk too on TS3 from my Fleet on STO ( game push ) is a truck driver from Saskatchewan. I asked him about his political views. He said he dosen't care much about the politics but he definitely would " vote to deport all the fucking French". If memory serves me you have five different parties.
Are the parties aligned by French and English? If so which and how many fall into the different parties?

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:26 pm

Outside of the Bloq Quebecois, none of the parties could really be aligned around language. The Bloq Quebecois itself btw can only loosely be alligned along the French language because it is a part of Quebec Culture and they want to protect that Culture.

The Three main parties are aligned along the usually lines of the political spectrum: New Democrat Party - Left of Liberals and Conservatives; Liberal Party - Left of Conservatives and Right of New Democratst; Conservative Party - Right of the Liberals and the New Democrats.

The last party to mention of course is the Green Party of Canada which officially got a seat in the House of Commons in the last Federal Election. It is rather hard to find them on the Left-Right spectrum because their main focus is on the Environment - ie, the party is less about governing people and more about governing how people affect things.
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass

Postby Spaced Ape » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:32 pm

HeRetiK wrote:Which would mean... *gasp* YOU AMERICANS ARE THE ILLUMINATI!!!

Its as if someone watched the movie "National Treasure" and though it was a real story.
Is there a promised land
Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?
Are the streets paved with gold
Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?
DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:39 am

Spaced Ape wrote:
HeRetiK wrote:Which would mean... *gasp* YOU AMERICANS ARE THE ILLUMINATI!!!

Its as if someone watched the movie "National Treasure" and though it was a real story.

You mean it isn't?

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:10 pm

Wait, it really isn't¿

Return to “General Discussion”