Politics of Today

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:55 pm

The storms .... I am sitting under the Canadian storm that is gonna smack into the hurricane ... It has been raining here now for three days straight. Even though I am 600 miles from the coast we are going to get hit bad. We have been told to expect at least 3" of rain tonight and more tomorrow and on Tuesday winds gusting to 70 miles per hour ... rain is forecasted till next Friday at least. Flood warnings are up here already. Oh and it may snow.... The candidates have already canceled trips to the coast but Ohio is the prize at the moment. President Obama is supposed to be in both Youngstown and Akron next week. I live within 30 miles of both cities. Mitt and crew are supposed to be here next week .. again .. also. We are not going to get heavy destruction but it is going to be a long and miserable week cause of Sandy for the people of Northeast Ohio.
It is raining so hard out at the moment it is hard to see. I have a ... long lost ... brother who lives on an island off the Jersey coast. Guess I should try and call him.
Ohio is so close now it is impossible to pick a winner here and whoever gets Ohio will probably win the election.
I wanna see the sun !!!!!
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
Astica
divine
divine
Posts: 7366
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:57 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Astica » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:37 am

Damn. Well, I'm seeing the sun at the moment and it's fucking horrible >.< maybe your ideal weather, though. There is a nice park around the corner from here that people were lying around in as I walked home from the library. I hope your storm gives it up soon. Stay safe :)

EDIT: I'm glad I finally watched this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TiXUF9xbTo[/youtube]

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:05 pm

Haha .. good one Amy. So the coast looks like a bomb or two was dropped on it but where was Mitt yesterday ? Here in Ohio. Ya we got hit bad too ... still raining today, day six now I think ... gosh it has been so long, but he should have been to other regions.

Now there are questions as to how they will get all the voting places up and running before next Tuesday. This is not good.
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
Elen Sila
divine
divine
Posts: 5054
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:10 pm

Postby Elen Sila » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:26 pm

Got to talk to my state's US senate candidate from the democratic party today. This is what she had to say on the NDAA.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NNxLiI9GVZY[/youtube]
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.


____

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:13 am

Nice camera work .... lol
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass
Posts: 8862
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

Postby Spaced Ape » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:06 am

evilredqueen wrote:whoever gets Ohio will probably win the election.


Not necessarily. I'd say if Obama wins Ohio he's almost assured the election due to more electoral votes going his way that are already almost assured by current polling, but if Romney wins he still has to grab another hotly contested swing state (like Virgina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Iowa, Colorado, and Nevada). Allowing for good enough voter turnout (which is always hard to predict) its going to be an uphill battle for Romney.

I'm not saying its assured Obama will win, but he certainly has a better chance at it. He may lose the popular vote, but that means fuck-all; just ask Al Gore.

edit:

After reading a couple pages back I just wanted to add something. I know a lot of you say that your vote doesn't count where you live, and as a Texan I understand where you're coming from. I've decided not to waste my time voting in the Presidential election this year, but I did donate money to the Obama campaign. I believe in my situation that's worth a lot more than my vote would be. I would suggest if anyone has the money you should also donate to whomever you support, that way you can still contribute.

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:08 am

Wow Ape .. I am impressed ..
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
Astica
divine
divine
Posts: 7366
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:57 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Astica » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:59 am

I like how people are getting creative with their internet propaganda this campaign. Not only with Joss Whedon above, but like with this video and many others. It's so much more interesting than webcam video responses going "no u".
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f17fWth3YgA[/youtube]

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Amy that was awesome ... lol

Going on my FB
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


The Omniscient
undetermined
undetermined
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:31 pm

Postby The Omniscient » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:06 pm

evilredqueen wrote:any idea how much of your money the royal family spends every year?


66p is taxed from every British taxpayer to pay for the monarchy each year. That's equal to around $1.10. That may seem a lot to some, and perhaps little to some though I expect this is equalled out by the money the Royal's generate through tourism each year. The actual figures are near impossible to calculate as I don't work for the treasury or other sectors. This is my take on things, I could of course be wrong.

For the sake of the human race I hope none of you vote Romney today. Us Europeans can't think why anyone would vote for him, in our eyes he's another Bush; war-bringing and power-hungry. Exercise your right though, I certainly would.

EDIT: I just realised the stuff about the monarchy was posted on the first page of this thread. It's been a long day.

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:07 pm

TODAY IS THE DAY .... VOTE !!!!!
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
Elen Sila
divine
divine
Posts: 5054
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:10 pm

Postby Elen Sila » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:32 am

If Obama wins Ohio, he has a guaranteed minimum of 271 electoral votes, which is enough to win the election.

Ohio polls close in five minutes.
OHIO POLLS CLOSE IN FIVE MINUTES.

OMGOMGOMGOMG
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.




____

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:43 am

Watching the national news and all they are talking about is Ohio ...

I am hoping that the auto workers and the black culture are enough.

I hope my gut feelings are correct .... lots of auto workers in the north of the state and the south is always red ... a cross section of the whole country.

This is still anyones election !!!!
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
Astica
divine
divine
Posts: 7366
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:57 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Astica » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:58 am

It's Wednesday afternoon here, so since I live in the future I already know who won the US election.

...not telling. It's a secret only for us future people to know.

User avatar
Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass
Posts: 8862
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

Postby Spaced Ape » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:20 am

Looks better and better for the Big O as the night goes on. I'm more pleasantly surprised by the win of Elizabeth Warren over Scott Brown.

Also, this quote earlier really tickled my pink:

"Never mind Richard Mourdock - you losing tonight is just something God intended to happen." -Piers Morgan
Is there a promised land
Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?
Are the streets paved with gold
Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?
DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:32 am

YES !!!!!!


@amy ... LOLZ
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
Astica
divine
divine
Posts: 7366
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:57 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Astica » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:00 am

Speaking of lolz:

Image

User avatar
Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass
Posts: 8862
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

Postby Spaced Ape » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:53 am

I predict now that Chris Christie will be the 2016 Republican Presidential candidate. The Democratic candidate is still too soon to predict. A lot of people are saying Hillary, but I honestly don't see it happening.
Is there a promised land

Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?

Are the streets paved with gold

Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?

DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

User avatar
Davion Fuxa
divine
divine
Posts: 1972
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Postby Davion Fuxa » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:07 pm

Hurray for the ensuing political silence - no more talk of US Elections until 4 years from now.

There will of course though be more elections elsewhere, the Provincial Election for NS will be occurring in 2013; most likely during the Summer but perhaps sooner. However, it will likely be a while before any other elections at least here in Canada occur, as the next Federal Election will likely be in 2015 (assuming the Government doesn't break its own laws), and we just had Municipal Elections.

What's it look like on the Election Front for other countries?
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

User avatar
Astica
divine
divine
Posts: 7366
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:57 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Astica » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:33 am

http://onelawforthem.tumblr.com/post/35 ... cost-for-a
Jesus fucking Christ :shock:

Even if we look past how absolutely horrible this is for the victim, wouldn't it be better for everyone if people were able to get checked for these sorts of things and get them sorted instead of staying sick because they're broke, getting sicker, and infecting others? It's not even a case of creating more money for private hospitals by getting more sick people, it's actually just shortening lifespans and heightening trauma for monetary gain, which is beyond shit.

User avatar
Guitar_clock
divine
divine
Posts: 11480
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:59 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Postby Guitar_clock » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:55 pm

None of that seemed to make sense to me. Would it be better for everyone if people were able to get checked for these sorts of things and get them sorted instead of staying sick and infecting others¿ Obviously yes. What about money now¿

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:22 pm

Astica, (translated) wrote:Vaccinations should be covered by the government. Hospitals shouldn't be making so much money off of everything.
[/quote]
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

User avatar
Davion Fuxa
divine
divine
Posts: 1972
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Postby Davion Fuxa » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:32 pm

I feel pity for the Rape Victim, but on the subject of treating everybody's sickness its really much like the underlying case of '47% of Americans' Gaffe Romney made. Really it just comes down to the Sediments espoused and viewed, and it is a case of holding to those Sediments.
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

User avatar
Astica
divine
divine
Posts: 7366
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:57 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Astica » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Guitar_clock wrote:None of that seemed to make sense to me. Would it be better for everyone if people were able to get checked for these sorts of things and get them sorted instead of staying sick and infecting others¿ Obviously yes. What about money now¿

What do you mean what about money now? Voly summed my rant up pretty well. I'm trying to figure out how governments feel they can justify privatising healthcare like that, because it seems insane to me. I am very, very glad we don't have to pay for STI checks and things here. Having the added cost of 4,500 after being raped would be enough to push some people into oblivion, surely. Hopefully your healthcare reform puts an end to that soon.

User avatar
Elen Sila
divine
divine
Posts: 5054
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:10 pm

Postby Elen Sila » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:05 pm

So, democrats won the national popular vote for the united states house-of-representatives, 48.87 to 48.43; and yet, the republicans are due to still control the chamber, by about 234 to 194, due to massive (and possibly unconstitutional) gerrymandering.

Everyone's so pissed off about the electoral college; why is nobody upset about gerrymandering?
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.




____


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests