Politics of Today

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Amy ... it is greed !!! Doctors and hospitals are known for double charging insurance companies. No program will work unless we start there. I am wondering what state this took place in? Before my last trip out of the country I had a list of things I needed ... Vaccinations for hep A and B, tetnus, yellow fever and a months supply of pills for Malaria. I went to the local Health Department and it only cost me $300.00.

I am on Medicaid not Medicare. Medicaid is state controlled ... subbed out to different HCP's and I get pretty good medical care. HIV tests are given free at any free clinic. People who are on Medicare do NOT get the treatment that I do. They also have a " spend down" which I do not on a monthly basis. I know there are people in my building who must choose between food and medicine on a monthly basis. This is sad. I used to be on a " Pain Management " program until one day the clinic would no longer take my HPC. I was booted out. Why? Because the clinic would not accept the amount of payment offered by my HPC. They still have not found me another program ... so I am forced to self medicate ... very expensive for me at six bucks a pill.

If I read your health care system properly I gathered the government would have paid for the majority of this? What about you personally? If you become ill or injured and require a stay in the hospital, are you covered?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_in_New_Zealand
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:46 pm

Elen slipped that in on me and he can't see this post anyhow .. hehe

Obama won the popular vote ... percentage wise close to Ohio voters. Over 2 billion dollars were spent on this election and virtually NOTHING changed. How humorous. They still control the house and will continue with their stupid games and try to road block everything that comes down the pike.

Basiclly all the "Electorial College" system does is magnify the elections results. Good and bad ... I am still in favor of a straight popular voting system but I don't see it happening for a long while yet.

As for Mitt and the GOP ... only 38% of voters are white. If you take the poor, the Hispanics, the Asians and the blacks, call them " moochers " and throw them under the bus .. well ... it cost them this election. I have a feeling they will be thinking about this for four years. Question is did they learn anything? Guess we will see.
Last edited by evilredqueen on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:18 am

I'm not sure what state that bill on the last page came from.
If I went into the hospital for most things I would be covered, or at least heavily subsidised, by the government. The only time healthcare has ever cost me money was once when I went to a clinic with a skin infection which actually wasn't that bad so I had to go to a private clinic instead, which cost me 50 bucks total for the appointment and the one-off medication. Anti-biotics also cost money here, but I've never paid more than $20 for a prescription.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:20 am

evilredqueen wrote:How humerous.

OR

:?:
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:30 am

Oh no ... not another one ...... corrected professor.

Why didn't you kill yourself today?

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:43 am

If you knew what the rest of the song was about, you'd know they wrote it about you.

Nothing personal.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:18 am

Looks like political life is starting to bobble along. Someone has been nominated as a candidate for the Liberal Party in the next Provincial Election here. When it is called though is uncertain but they generally call elections here every 4 years which means we could have an election during the End of Spring/Start or Summer next year. They are required to call a provincial election every 5 years.
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:27 am

I am so proud of New Zealand for voting to recognise Palestine as a state, particularly since our government has always been a pushover about disagreeing with Britain (since we're basically still a colony) and our current Prime Minister usually sucks up to the USA.

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:54 pm

Great for New Zealand - to bad though here in Canada we voted against it, and apparently the Foreign Affairs minister here denounced allowing the vote as well.

It will be interesting to see what unfolds now though, if anything.
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:32 pm

Astica wrote:I am so proud of New Zealand for voting to recognise Palestine as a state, particularly since our government has always been a pushover about disagreeing with Britain (since we're basically still a colony) and our current Prime Minister usually sucks up to the USA.

Palestine is a recognized country ... I think the question is more like what are your feelings about Hamas? Were the elections fair? I guess we know only what they tell us but personally I cannot decide if Hamas is good or bad. Someone over there sure " lobs" a lot of unguided missles over the border. Innocents will surely die that way.

I have quite a few friends that are Mexican ... personally I am much more concerned about what is going on there than anywhere else at the moment. I am not happy about the US accepting their current president but sometimes I guess as a political leader you have few choices.

Davion ... the whole process in Canada seems complex .... when are you going to run for office?

something I see in your future. :)

Awesome !!!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/23/boei ... d%3D240082

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:04 pm

Ast wrote:I am so proud of New Zealand for voting to recognise Palestine as a state

:evil:
I'm pro-Israel.
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:31 pm

I haven't brought it up but I got yet another laugh from the political cartoon in the paper today which sort of hints at an issue currently going on in my province regarding Electoral Boundaries; plus someone had brought up Gerrymandering so I figured I would bring up a 'positive' effect of how Gerrymandering can be used.

So the boundaries are being drawn in Nova Scotia, has to happen because the population changes. A big change though is that 4 specific riding's are being eliminated - all of which were gerrymandered.

The four riding's in question are 'protected minority districts' - 3 of the riding's were Protection Acadian Districts and one was a Protected African-American District. The purpose of these districts was so that the minority districts could vote and elect members from their own communities, ie, The Acadians could elect Acadian MPs and the African-Americans could elect and African-American MP. I believe the American term for such districts are 'Majority-Minority Districts'.

The reason they are being eliminated is due to the fact that the provincial government put in rules that 'No District may be either 25% smaller or 25% larger then any other'. All the protected minority districts were too small so they are being merged into other riding's; which basically means the citizens in those districts had more voting power.

Most of he Opposition MP's have call out the government for doing so, since all of the riding's are not held by the Government. Those in the Minority Riding's of course feel that their votes will be lost.

What might peoples opinions then be on such issues?

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:05 pm

anarch, must being for one entail being against the other?
Music over Matter

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:30 pm

Azgarth wrote:anarch, must being for one entail being against the other?

How can it not be? Coke or Pepsi?

I am not comfortable with your use of the word " against" though.

Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass

Postby Spaced Ape » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:56 pm

Elen wrote:
Ast wrote:I am so proud of New Zealand for voting to recognise Palestine as a state

:evil:
I'm pro-Israel.

No reason to be pissy about it, sheesh.

Also, I'm pro-Israel. But also pro-Palestine.

Is there a promised land
Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?
Are the streets paved with gold
Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?
DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:20 pm

Azg wrote:anarch, must being for one entail being against the other?

Unfortunately, yes, because the palestinians have elected a government (Hamas) that is sworn to the utter destruction of Israel, and the global extermination of all jews.

I will never support a two-state solution, except under the non-negotiable precondition that Hamas be utterly dismantled and its leaders imprisoned, and that the palestinian constitution be amended to prohibit any policy or political party which promotes the disenfranchisement, segregation, deportation, or dehumanization of jews in any way.

SA wrote:Also, I'm pro-Israel. But also pro-Palestine.

I'm unconditionally pro-Israel.
I'm conditionally pro-Palestine.
(See above.)

I don't believe it is possible to be unconditionally pro-both.

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:00 pm

I luv it since Elen can't see my posts .. :)

Spaced Ape

Postby Spaced Ape » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Elen wrote:I don't believe it is possible to be unconditionally pro-both.

I don't think I 'unconditionally' believe anything. I suppose its part of keeping an open mind.
Is there a promised land

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:58 pm

^ + 1000 pts

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:38 pm

Under what conditions do you support or not support Israel?
Under what conditions do you support or not support Palestine?

____

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:01 pm

Ok Zyn .. fire up all that logic stuff you have .. I would love to hear the logic on this one. :P

Spaced Ape

Postby Spaced Ape » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:54 pm

Elen wrote:Under what conditions do you support or not support Israel?

Depends on

Is there a promised land

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Spaced Ape wrote:
Elen wrote:Under what conditions do you support or not support Israel?

Depends on

LOLZ !!!!!!

Spaced Ape

Postby Spaced Ape » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:09 pm

That fella has hairier arms than I expected for a Guido.
Is there a promised land

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:49 am

I'm not unconditionally pro-anything either. I also think the citizens of both Palestine AND Israel are getting a shitty deal right now and Palestine being recognised as a state could at least help to protect Palestinian citizens from getting slaughtered for no good reason. See also: Gaza in recent times.

@Elen: Why are you so "evil or very mad" facedly pro-Israel? No sympathy for Palestine?

Return to “General Discussion”