Christian Bale goes apeshit on movie set

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Schnabel von Rom
divine
divine

Christian Bale goes apeshit on movie set

Postby Schnabel von Rom » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:33 pm

So, one of the light crew guys walked in Christian Bale's field of vision during the filming of a scene for the new Terminator film. Bale got distracted and snapped and went out on a 5 minute rant about how incompetent the guy was and how he was going to kick his ass. Regardless, Bale is my hero, and maybe even more so after this incident :D

This leaked out recently, but happened last year, just days before he allegedly beat up his mother and sister. Rumour has it that he only pushed them out of the hotel room door when they appeared drunk and demanded money, which might explain why the charges against him were dropped. Also, I've read that the DP was an amateur, and that he had been called out on his behaviour several times before Bale snapped, so after all the Bale might not be as much of a douchebag as he appears. Now, there's no reason to speculate more in celebrity gossip than I already did, but I thought I'd post this since it's damn funny stuff :)

The rant: http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/020209_ ... anbale.mp3

Techno song sampled with the rant: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48

Awesome Walrus
latency
latency

Postby Awesome Walrus » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:12 pm

I don't have any idea about pretty much anything you were just on about - but being me - I just clicked on that youtube vid and laughed at how funny/good it was. So I posted.

Good post.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:59 pm

I heart Christian Bale.

:evil: I AM BATMAN :evil:
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Viléém
divine
divine

Postby Viléém » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:05 pm

"The DP on TERMINATOR SALVATION, Shane Hurlbut, is a apparently a light tweaker. He's a fairly young DP and likes to fiddle with his lights on set during action, which is a big "NO NO" on most productions unless worked out in advance with performers. But apparently Shane was a pretty unrepentant light tweaker.

The scene in question, was a very emotional and tough scene between Christian Bale and Bryce Howard. A scene that required soul bearing and a deep level of immersive concentration. The sort of scene where everyone on set knows not to get in anyone's eye lines, and definitely not to move lights around while FILMING. You lock that shit down before the scene starts.

Bale had indeed warned the DP on multiple occasions about messing with lights while the cameras were rolling, and Bale was in the midst of a painful scene with Bryce, what was described to me as being the emotional center of the film and his character for the film.

Now, the reason I know all of this is because the person that was there, felt that it should be made perfectly clear that Christian Bale was the utmost gentleman and cool guy on set. And the DP really was doing something that professional DPs with experience just don't do. Not during a performance. "

lol at the techno song :D

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:27 am

I love him. And the video was hilarious.

He's fucking distracting, OH GOOD
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Return to “General Discussion”