Mental Disorders

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Ashreal
divine
divine

Postby Ashreal » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:26 pm

Self medicate..... you know you want to.
For those that fight for it, life has a flavour that the sheltered will never know.

pink_lemonade
damaged
damaged

Postby pink_lemonade » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:38 pm

With what? The only meds we have are pretty much children's cough syrup and panadol.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:32 pm

heroin. what else?
Music over Matter

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:59 pm

Take the cough syrup

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:46 pm

Just down the bottle. That'll make you feel better.

KIDDING, btw. Drugs are bad, m'kay?
I've got one hand in my pocket

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:21 pm

With bipolar disorder, happy and angry usually go hand in hand because they are energetic emotions, whereas depression is a more lethargic emotion. Do you notice yourself getting mad when you're happy?
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:54 pm

Ashreal wrote:I used to be indecisive but now........ i'm not so sure.

LOL ... best one yet. +100 pts.

Amy, if I converted correctly that is only 80 US bucks. That seems cheap to me.

Azgarth wrote: it was all a game for me back then though, feigning symptoms was just fun. there's plenty of fool shrinks even after their MD and training.

Oh did that make me smile. :) I am still playing that game. I really luv the written exams they give me about once a year.

Pink if you are in school there must be someone you can talk too. If not cough up the money and go see a shrink. It may be the best money you ever spend. Quit worrying so much !!! Just live day to day.

my fucking mouse keeps winking in and out of existence ... driving me crazy.
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:01 pm

Azgarth wrote:i know that when i used to go to them years ago, i've managed to get all kinds of different usually mutually exclusive diagnoses from different shrinks. it was all a game for me back then though, feigning symptoms was just fun.

There's a movie 'bout that.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:35 pm

AUG wrote:Everyone I know says I am a narcissist but I know that can't be true since I'm so perfect and beautiful.

Hahahaha!

Sigged.

Astica wrote:EDIT @Pink: if you're bipolar, your mood swings will be a lot more than a little out of hand. Very widely scaled, and subject to complete change for little or no reason. How destructive are your mood swings getting? The highs can be just as bad as the lows.

Does it have to feature rapid and destructive mood swings? What about frequent extreme highs (laughing, going crazy, hyperventilating) and lows (hating self, contemplating suicide), separated by periods of teetering neutrality (usually the default mood when on the computer, which is 90% of the time; one extreme or the other might be favored if I weren't on the computer)? I've always kind of wondered if manic depressive or some related condition affected me, but if dramatic mood swings are a requirement, I can't really say that applies to me.
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:43 pm

^^^FUCK YEA!

Azgarth wrote:
I decided a while back that I'm bipolar. No diagnosis or anything, the mood swings were just getting a leeetle out of hand, even for a teenage girl. I'm not sure that i have it. The only thing I am sure of is that I'm a hyperchondriac. But still, not sure if this is worth persuing with a doctor perhaps. How angsty does one need to be for it to move from teenager to actual problem?

i REALLY don't trust that self-diagnosis. get tested by someone with a proper medical degree, don't proclaim yourself this or that.

The bipolars I have known refuse to admit it after diagnosis.
I can't decide which one of us will leave here alive
Your fingers breaking as I place them over mine
The only thing I need is time
To change your mind, I said

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:31 am

I was diagnosed, and I admit that I was diagnosed. I don't take my prescription. I have a bottle of about 100 perfectly good Prozac capsules sitting on my dresser, and it's been there for about a year.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:34 am

voly, that a good movie?

aug, another problem is that a lot of them say "yes i'm bipolar, but i can control it and am master of that part of me", in effect completely missing the point of the whole thing.
Music over Matter

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:35 am

Yea, I knew someone like that.

And that movie is alright. Nothing special really. It looks way better in the trailer.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:39 am

AnUninvitedGuest wrote:And that movie is alright. Nothing special really.

qft. It's a renter, not a buy-er.

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:44 am

Quoted For Truth

I googled it.

And Voly summed it up better then I did. I'd just add it's a wait two more years and watch it on Comedy Central so you don't even waste the money buying it.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:48 am

With Netflix, the only thing you're spending is time, you've already paid for all the movies.

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:49 am

Good point. I'm still old school with my Block Buster account.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:03 am

Anarch wrote:
Astica wrote:EDIT @Pink: if you're bipolar, your mood swings will be a lot more than a little out of hand. Very widely scaled, and subject to complete change for little or no reason. How destructive are your mood swings getting? The highs can be just as bad as the lows.

Does it have to feature rapid and destructive mood swings? What about frequent extreme highs (laughing, going crazy, hyperventilating) and lows (hating self, contemplating suicide), separated by periods of teetering neutrality (usually the default mood when on the computer, which is 90% of the time; one extreme or the other might be favored if I weren't on the computer)? I've always kind of wondered if manic depressive or some related condition affected me, but if dramatic mood swings are a requirement, I can't really say that applies to me.

Not always rapid, if you were constantly rapidly changing moods it would more likely be ADHD. Also, when I say destructive, making crazy impulsive decisions because you feel like nothing can harm you and planning suicide (contemplating doesn't really mean anything) would count. Being in a neutral mood 90% of the time sounds awfully...neutral, though, and if you rarely ever have dramatic mood swings, I don't know why you'd think you were bipolar.

Voly wrote:I was diagnosed, and I admit that I was diagnosed. I don't take my prescription. I have a bottle of about 100 perfectly good Prozac capsules sitting on my dresser, and it's been there for about a year.

This. Meds are evil, and I am glad you do not take any anymore.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:43 am

Astica wrote:Not always rapid, if you were constantly rapidly changing moods it would more likely be ADHD. Also, when I say destructive, making crazy impulsive decisions because you feel like nothing can harm you and planning suicide (contemplating doesn't really mean anything) would count.

I was about to say I'm much too logical a person to do anything impulsively, but then I remembered my unbridled kleptomania and vandalism, which occurs when I'm feeling "up." Still, I do have at least some degree of self control.

Being in a neutral mood 90% of the time sounds awfully...neutral, though, and if you rarely ever have dramatic mood swings, I don't know why you'd think you were bipolar.

Just the unusual extremity and polarity of my moods, when I have them, is all, I guess.

Also, when I'm neutral, it's less true neutrality and more conditional pacification (the condition being distraction, in this case through the computer). I get extremely irritable when someone (usually my dad) tries to talk to me when I'm in a mood I would call "neutral."
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:54 am

Anarch wrote:Just the unusual extremity and polarity of my moods, when I have them, is all, I guess.

Also, when I'm neutral, it's less true neutrality and more conditional pacification (the condition being distraction, in this case through the computer). I get extremely irritable when someone (usually my dad) tries to talk to me when I'm in a mood I would call "neutral."

Those are hormones. They go away with a few more years.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:36 am

hmm, i think you're underestimating anarch's nature here.
could very well be though.
Music over Matter

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:39 am

I did the same thing up until a few months ago. Constantly back and forth since I was 11 or 12. Or just completely apathetic. Etc. I don't know him in person so I can't know for sure. But it'll probably change with time.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:56 pm

Voly wrote:With bipolar disorder, happy and angry usually go hand in hand because they are energetic emotions, whereas depression is a more lethargic emotion. Do you notice yourself getting mad when you're happy?

is it possible to be bipolar only going from anger to depression? :?

i'm a lot like anarch in that i find neutrality in distraction. i am quite sure that without it i would go completely insane with rage.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:31 pm

dickwad wrote:is it possible to be bipolar only going from anger to depression? :?

:lol: of course not. The reason its also called manic depression is because you have to be manic as well as depressed. You appear to be confusing Bipolar disorder with teenage angst :P

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:49 pm

Not so. The manic phase can be either anger or happiness, that's another part of it. They're both energetic moods, whereas depression is a lethargic mood. Least, that's how my shrink told it to me.

But you shouldn't be able to distract yourself from it if you have it.

Return to “General Discussion”