More Dreams

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Elen Sila
divine
divine

More Dreams

Postby Elen Sila » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:15 pm

I think there was a dream thread, but it was so long ago that I'm not going to go digging through GD to find it. It might even have been lost in the crash, which would make it a vain effort.
_____

So, I was in a huge store, like Best Buy or something, and we were celebrating my birthday. My whole family was there, including my grandfather Pierce and my uncle Philip, who lives in Hawaii. Soon everyone was shouting that we were going to start with the cake, but I was busy exploring the store, since the whole place was vacant except for us.

As I was peering through a doorway, a hand grabbed me by my hair and pulled me backward. I thought it was my mom, and was wondering why she was mad at me, when I saw it was a group of men and women with shaved or recently shaved heads. They called themselves by some ridiculously huge acronym that stood for something really noble. They were all about fighting discrimination against gays, blacks, jews, women, and every other conceivably under-appreciated or under-represented ethnic or cultural group. But the thing was, they were total militant nazi types. They had shotguns and assault rifles, and they quickly stormed the store, robbing us of all our money and shoving us out of the store with only the clothes on our backs.

The whole time, I was screaming in my shrillest voice (which isn't very shrill) for Philip, since I knew he used to be a marine, and I thought maybe he might have some guns. I thought my grandpa might have some too and I ran up to him and I was like, "YOU! You have a gun, don't you? Where is it?! Cough it up!" And he was like, "And have it go off at the wrong time? Or risk friendly fire? Absolutely not. We're getting out of here, just like they say." And I'm like, "I can't believe this! Where the hell is Philip!" I turn to my mom and I'm like, "Where the fuck is your brother?!" She doesn't answer because she's too confused.

Now we've left the store. I see Philip over by a dark green pickup. Assuming it's his vehicle I run up to it and jump in the back. After unrealistically brief scrounging, I find an assault rifle like the ones wielded by some of the freaks in the store. I jump back out of the pickup and run over to a handicap parking sign, and take cover behind its concrete base. (I don't know if any of you guys know what I'm talking about here; maybe we only have those in north Dakota.)

I wait for a little bit, training the gun on the entrance to the store. Someone else has taken cover behind the back end of a nearby car, also wielding an assault rifle. I hiss over to this person, "Don't start firing until I start reloading. And don't just hold down the trigger. Short bursts, no longer than a second, here. We want to combine efficiency with terror, here. We want to keep them pinned until the police can arrive. I'm sure one of the others has a cell phone."

I saw movement in the doorway and I took aim. "Don't fire, remember. Not until I start reloading." Then the automatic doors of the store slid open and I saw two or three of them coming out with big bags of loot, covered in leather and wielding shotguns and assault rifles.

I opened fire and saw one of the two in the lead bowled over onto the ground. The other one, the one with a shotgun (with a drum clip), ducked and started scurrying back into the store, leaving his bag of loot behind him. Glass all around the doorway shattered, and the third raider, the one coming up behind, looked like she went down.

At this point I started waking up, and my subconscious lost control of the dream, so I'll stop relating it here.
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Rusty Nails
damaged
damaged

Postby Rusty Nails » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:12 pm

Dude thats really interesting.......mine that i have frequently now is:
i wake up in this abandon hotel my waist is in some much pain. As i stand up the place strucks fire....i start running and the fire is right on my feet it's ends like that every time...

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:46 pm

Anarch wrote: They were all about fighting discrimination against gays, blacks, jews, women, and every other conceivably under-appreciated or under-represented ethnic or cultural group.

They say dreams may be our brain processing information from RL. Considering our PM's over the last few days... well interesting.

Didn't we just have a Thread taking about shooting people too? lol

This place is called "Mindistortion." Maybe you over dosed here. :)
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS

Rusty Nails
damaged
damaged

Postby Rusty Nails » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:54 pm

I have no idea at the moment.

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:45 am

ERQ wrote:They say dreams may be our brain processing information from RL.

This is where dreams come from

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:02 am

Come on now Frosty.. that is just one of many unproven theories.

"Some believe it plays a role in mediating the visual effects of natural dreaming, and also near-death experiences, religious visions and other mystical states"

Don't tell me you take that as bible truth?
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:30 am

It's as much a theory as gravity, hon. It has been isolated and all that shit. When you're dreaming, you're really just tripping balls.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grcqs9cDuN8[/youtube]

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:38 am

that was a fucking awesome rant.

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:59 am

I need to get some of that. lol

I do remember at least some of my dreams every night.

Wonder if they were tripping when they did that show?

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:12 am

@ERQ - The part with the militants was probably just reflecting my fear and loathing of people who constantly watch you to make any sign of being a racist and then call you out on the tiniest things and blow things out of proportion. They remind me of religious extremists, and I half-expect them to start blowing up buildings and stuff. Hence, the people in the dream.

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:16 pm

I just woke up from a dream where I murdered three people in their hotel room using a variety of sharp bladed weapons. One was an old, mentally confused woman sitting in a chair, who didn't even know what was happening until I split her from her navel to her throat. She was sitting by a lamp in a chair in a corner, sort of hunched over, when I entered the hotel room. There was somebody in the bathroom, the door to which was near her. Since she didn't scream or anything, and there was the sound of showering coming from the bathroom, I decided to take care of the other person in the apartment before murdering the person in the bathroom. I went into the next room, where a younger woman (in her 40s) was lying on a large bed, her head turned away from me, watching TV. I saw she had a knife in her hand, so I ran up, grabbed her by the wrist, and started slashing her with a piece of broken glass until she was dead. I got off her bed and walked back into the other room. A man had just come out of the bathroom, wearing shorts and an orange T-shirt. He was extremely tall, and seemed fat but was probably really strong. He seemed somewhat dazed, as if he were somehow drugged up, although I didn't think of that at the time. I ran up to him and started assailing him with my knife, slicing his arms and neck as much as I could. He stumbled around, me clinging to him, attacking him. He went into the other room, saw the dead woman on the bed, then went back into the first room and saw his dead "aunt" on the chair, then eventually fell onto the bed next to the first lady, where I hovered over him, having stabbed and sliced him in the stomach, waiting for him to die. He seemed totally horrified, but also tremendously confused. He was like, "No... no... I can't believe this has happened. This isn't supposed to happen. I need to do something. I need to stop this." I could tell he was dying, losing his strength, but he was also very large and intimidating. He started moving, as if to grab me, and I jumped back. He got off the bed, tried to move toward me, then spun around and fell on his face, dead.

My cousin was with me, raiding the apartment for valuables. Apparently I had used a multitude of weapons to kill these people, so I instructed her to find garbage cans to dispose of all the weapons, watches, and other objects which we may have touched with our bare fingers in, which we could bring with us when we left. For some reason I kept referring to all the people "we" killed, and thought that we had each killed two people. (There might have been a fourth person; if so, she killed him or her.)

Eventually, we were driving around in her car (she doesn't have one in real life), and I suddenly realized that, using security cameras, they could track us back from the room we had originally been staying in, where a bunch of other students had been staying, and just ask the person in charge of the field trip we had been taking which ones of us looked like the ones in the footage. Before, we had thought that we could ignore the security cameras, because they wouldn't know who we were anyway. I told my cousin that we had to turn ourselves in, because I knew we could get reduced penalties if we did. Realizing something, I asked her to first bring me back to my place so I could check online whether it was North Dakota or Minnesota that had the death penalty, so I could know which state to turn myself in in.

... Research on Google reveals that neither North Dakota or Minnesota have the death penalty. This is strange. I thought I remember a story about a kidnapper and rapist who was in danger of being executed a few years ago. I thought the story was entirely centered around North Dakota and Minnesota, but I guess not.

____

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:33 pm

You sure do have some violent dreams.. and vivid I guess.

Two nights ago I dreamed about some guy who had me pinned by a wall.
I had a large pencil pressed up against the center of his chest. I told him to let me go. He didn't so I drove the pencil straight in as far as I could. Then I woke up.

Not to worry though. I think I may have said this before but when I talked to my psychologist about my violent dreams and the rush I got from them she told me it was perfectly natural.

Do you get a rush from these dreams?

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:48 pm

I don't know. Not really. I was mostly just scared, because the younger woman had a knife, and the bigger guy looked like he could kill me with his bare hands.

I think it was mostly inspired by how whenever my cousin and I are together we become inhibitionlessly kleptomanic vandals, so extrapolating to a more serious crime is only a natural dream response.

____

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:48 pm

I met nice people in my dream last night. It was evening for a long time, and I was walking around a slightly different version of Wellington after getting out of this auditorium with no chairs where a whole lot of us had to sit on the floor for some speech thing I can't remember. It was so peaceful wandering around afterwards, and some people I know IRL were in my dream too. It was kind of sad to wake up from.

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:47 pm

Has anyone ever dreamed about people that they know online, but not IRL? I can't remember if I have or not, so I'm curious as to how that would work.
I've got one hand in my pocket

obskewer
divine
divine

Postby obskewer » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:34 pm

Frosty wrote:When you're dreaming, you're really just tripping balls.

That would explain alot, in general. Not only why I wake up high as hell in the morning. And I think many can relate, from just knowing that it is similar to feeling groggy and hazy eyed in the morning; like you think you are still dreaming!

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:47 pm

Yeah, I've had at least one dream that involved an e-buddy, but that's because I'd seen a photo of her and a small amount of video, and knew her voice.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:03 am

So there was a lot of stuff earlier in the dream that I don't really remember, that had to do with going to college in a really weirdly planned out university campus, but honestly, I have only vague images from that part of the dream.

Later in the dream, I had been reading a huge book that was supposed to be some classic (probably inspired by Dune, which I haven't actually read in real life yet), that everyone knew the ending of, so people were asking me why I was reading it, and I was getting annoyed at them.

At some point there was some sort of jolt to the building I was in, and a chess board was thrown into disarray. I went over to reset the pieces, and somebody was like, "Why are you even bothering?" as if it was just going to get messed up again, and I got frustrated and shouted that it was my duty to make sure the chess board was in order, or something.

Then I was on trial. The whole court room was a chess board, and I, the defendant, was having fun arranging the giant pieces in the wrong order just to fuck with the judge, who was getting really upset. I was supposed to sit in the right knight's seat, but I was switching myself up with the bishop next to me, and grinning, and he just kept shouting at me and pounding his gavel and being like, "Look, you need to sit in your assigned seat." So I got back into the knight's seat, and I was like, "Oh really? And why is that? You think I can't take advice from my friend the knight here?" (I gestured to the rook next to me for emphasis.) The people in the court room chuckled, agreeing with me that it was pointless to get upset about where I was sitting. But the trial commenced anyway.

At this point, I began wheeling myself around on a podium, upon which the knight was supposedly perched, although there wasn't actually anything there. I had on a look of mock consideration, like I was just pretending to listen to everything the lawyers and judge were saying, as I wheeled the podium around like crazy, trying to make as much a mockery of the proceedings as possible.

When somebody finished talking, and it was time for me to say something, I started speaking loudly and sarcastically, addressing the court room audience, being cool and funny, and referring to how the whole proceeding was a joke and an insult against my associate, the knight (gesturing to my invisible podium buddy here). The court audience was warming up to me, chuckling at the things I said and nodding in agreement.

Finally, at some point after the opposing lawyer made what would normally be a biting point, I launched into an angry speech, riling up the audience. At some point during the speech, the opposing lawyer interrupted me and said something relevant, to which I responded, "I WOULD LIKE THE RECORD TO STATE, YOUR HONOR, THAT MY ASSOCIATE THE KNIGHT DOES NOT HAVE THE VOTE!"

The whole court room was thrown into disarray. The audience stood up out of their seats and began shouting angrily, demanding my associate the knight receive suffrage. "IT IS THE INALIENABLE RIGHT," I yelled, "OF EVERY MAN AND WOMAN, TO BE ABLE TO ELECT THEIR LEADERS!" The court room erupted into cheers, despite the TOTAL IRRELEVANCE of the things I was saying.

Finally, the court was adjourned and I was acquitted on all charges (whatever they were, I don't even rightly recall), due to my being so charismatic. The judge and all court officials left the court room, but I and various audience members stayed behind to pat each other on the back for our victory. I remarked to one that this was like a movie, and if it were, this would be the part where I retire to my office and have a drink of scotch, and just think to myself, "What in god's name just happened?" (This joke got a chorus of laughs from those present.)

I remember there was something after that in the dream before I woke up, but I don't remember what it was.

____

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:06 pm

I am taking Chantix again and my dreams are again a mixture of madness in the the most vivid colors you can imagine. It is actually kind of freaky..

I did dream about my first bike last night which was an off road Harley Davison 250 Sprint. How fucking weird. I woke up bummed out.

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:23 pm

I don't really remember my dreams. It's quite annoying, because I'll wake up with a sense that I missed something completely.
I've got one hand in my pocket

obskewer
divine
divine

Postby obskewer » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:39 am

Anarch, it sounds like something you would see in a day dream of an overly bizarre movie. Only to come crashing back to reality, with everyone wondering why the fuck you are still trying to fix the god damn chess board.

Lately, my dreams have ranged from everything I normally dream about. Including sex, violence, horror, heroic feats, and the occassional sequence of zombies.

Chara
damaged
damaged

Postby Chara » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:10 am

I dreamt that my boyfriend was supposedly possessed by satan the other night. I was sleeping quite soundly, then he woke me up and started to warn me to get a toothbrush, he was possessed by Satan. I tried to ignore him and go back to sleep but he was insistent that I went and got a toothbrush, it was VERY important. I just carried on ignoring him until there was a 'whoops, too late' moment and I realised that he was squeezing me really hard and that my skin felt like it was starting to run off my body. Everyone else tried to tell me that it was alright when I shared this story, that he wasn't possessed - I wasn't worried about THAT, I really wanted to know why I needed a TOOTHBRUSH. Of all objects.

We've also both had a dream about harrison ford in the same night, with (sort of) parallel story lines. In mine I was harrison ford and I had to shoot a mobster of some description in a run down mansion, and I remember that I was pointing a magnum at him and just squeezing the trigger before I woke, and my boyfriend was a bounty being chased by harrison ford and chewwie star wars stylee and that he was just about to escape when he was caught with his back against a wall by them. That was also the night I experimentally tried to use a charged quartz crystal to get a decent nights sleep. Well, we tripped balls.
An experiment with existence is showing up anomalies
You see the day dissolve into the morrow
And the slow growing of your second skin
Adrenaline begins in the marrow and then intoxicates your oxygen

Kex
distorted
distorted

Postby Kex » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:58 pm

@Anarch: Lol, sounds like fun.

Do you have an overly ambitious motivation to see the world into an age of order and civility based on simple universal truths attributed to all of us that you feel you are only able to see?
That isn't so far over the top that it just becomes tedious and a waste of time? Which you believe it to be now?

Do you have a problem with, and a longing for, people seeing things your way?

@Chara: Do you have a fear of your boyfriend becoming overtly demanding/controlling?

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:44 pm

Chara wrote:That was also the night I experimentally tried to use a charged quartz crystal to get a decent nights sleep. Well, we tripped balls.

?

Reminds me of this guy, and the scene where he was getting high by holding a magnet over his head.

Kex wrote:Do you have an overly ambitious motivation to see the world into an age of order and civility based on simple universal truths attributed to all of us that you feel you are only able to see?
That isn't so far over the top that it just becomes tedious and a waste of time? Which you believe it to be now?

I think most of what I would like to see achieved in society has been achieved. Not all, but most.

Do you have a problem with, and a longing for, people seeing things your way?

Not necessarily seeing things my way (although that's important), and more just not seeing me as awkward or scary.

____

Kex
distorted
distorted

Postby Kex » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:42 am

I think most of what I would like to see achieved in society has been achieved. Not all, but most.

Then why would you be happy with humanity wiped out of existance? Surely you can see the oddities attributed to such thoughts coupled with not wanting to see anything else achieved?

Not necessarily seeing things my way (although that's important), and more just not seeing me as awkward or scary.

Yes that's part of it, you wish to be seen as 'normal' if there is such a thing, this can be seen towards the end, where you create a bond with the people in the courtroom, although I would think it goes deeper, along the lines of wanting to be seen as a, for lack of better description, 'hero'.

I had a dream last night, i was watching the fifth element, and i'd just watched it recently, but told the person who was watching it 'damn this is such an awesome film i'l watch it again' ( no person i knew, just I knew they where a person ) I was then in the film, flousten paradise, shooting the crap outa those aliens that take it over. Fun dream.

I think it's got something to do with me wanting to be able to make sci-fi of that awesome level.

Return to “General Discussion”