Food log

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:06 pm

Every residence hall at my school sampled food from the exchange students' home countries so I hit 'em up! I got to make perogies by hand.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:07 pm

evilredqueen wrote:Amy still eating the ham sandwiches? At this point I should do as well.

Naw, I'm apparently having to be a vegetarian for a while, so I've been eating the chocolate chip cookies I baked. Not being allowed to eat meat makes my diet quite different as I now have to actually cook things again, as opposed to my recent phase of having food that takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.

Rusty Nails
damaged
damaged

Postby Rusty Nails » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:26 pm

Pizza
Just let me burn, it's what I deserve, God I've lied, am I lost in your eyes....

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:27 pm

Astica wrote:
evilredqueen wrote:Amy still eating the ham sandwiches? At this point I should do as well.

Naw, I'm apparently having to be a vegetarian for a while, so I've been eating the chocolate chip cookies I baked. Not being allowed to eat meat makes my diet quite different as I now have to actually cook things again, as opposed to my recent phase of having food that takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.

SHITTY FOOD*

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=5AX8WOHK

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:45 pm

Er, what? My cookies aren't that bad :(
Also, those films are mostly propaganda for the sake of spreading moral panics. What about my food in particular is shitty?

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:47 pm

Just watch it, hater. The meat is shitty not the cookies.

Seriously¿ Watch it. "Those" movies....

You really think they would spend money making a film to spread a moral panic¿ What the hell is the motive in that Ast¿

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:51 pm

A crooked one.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Guitar_clock wrote:Just watch it, hater. The meat is shitty not the cookies.

You really think they would spend money making a film to spread a moral panic¿ What the hell is the motive in that Ast¿

Profit.

Also, as stated earlier, I don't really eat much meat anyway, plus I live in New Zealand, where each type of farm animal outnumbers people in a land that was practically meant for farming (and pretty forests). Our meat could be a lot worse. I used to live in a rural area, I've seen major farms with my own eyes, and I don't think a biased perspective applying to a whole different part of the world is going to be very relevant.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:04 pm

Astica wrote:
Guitar_clock wrote:Just watch it, hater. The meat is shitty not the cookies.

Profit.

Explain.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:01 pm

On the most basic level its like any other film, only it markets by promising truth instead of humour or scares or drama. Unfortunately, many films these days are made simply to generate profit which often goes to higher branches of the company that funded it. With the exception of 'An Inconvenient Truth' which was quite blatant in not being minor and indie, most people who make these films work within mirror brands instead of under corporate labels, even though said corporation is usually still there. People want to feel like they're being told the truth, and are less likely to lap it up when its coming from the people they feel have been ripping them off.

How are these propaganda films not for profit? Not to mention redirection of sales.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:27 pm

Because it has to do with how fucked up shit is¿

It's predicted that 1/3 Americans born after 2000 will get Type 2 diabetes
Cows are meant to eat grass, and we feed them genetically modified corn
Ethical treatment of animals is out the door when you're breeding factories of hundreds of thousands of chickens, pigs, and cows
These factories are becoming larger and less numerous, which increases the chance of all-around contamination if there's infection
Laws are passed to protect big companies like meat providers from disparaging speech and the only reason they are is because big companies can afford lawyers and lobbyists to wish up rhetoric that shows them as favorable
Monsanto OWNS 90% OF THE SOYBEAN PRODUCTION of independent farmers - If farmers save their genetically modified seeds for a season longer than is in their contract, they are investigated and SUED by Monsanto for copyright infringement

THEY CAN COPYRIGHT FOOD ASTICA! This shit is REAL and it is HAPPENING all over the world! Open your fucking eyes!

You can find a big mac that is cheaper than a head of lettuce - WTF¿

They are doing it for profit. Profit for the benefit of mankind, not for profit in the form of money.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:27 pm

Open YOUR eyes. Obviously some things are fucked up in those ways, however the point of propaganda films is to frame things to win people into their way of thinking. No one is telling you "the truth", so don't be so naive.

Not to mention these things don't so heavily apply to countries that don't overindulge in as much mass produced shit as America. We have laws against GE and animal rights are taken more seriously here. We also have more space to farm, better conditions to do it in, and more farming companies so no-one has the monopoly on the industry therefore they can't do whatever they like.

HartKat
damaged
damaged
Location: I dont even know anymore!(holy shit a guy with wings!)

Postby HartKat » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:35 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: I opened mine.

At my old school the hot dogs were literally green, green!
WAIT!, were working with some really unstable herbs!

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:36 pm

:lol: Yeah, sausages are pretty much whatever shit they found on the cutting room floor with a few intestines thrown in.

HartKat
damaged
damaged

Postby HartKat » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:40 pm

Like I threw up and wouldent eat any sort of sausage hot dog or anything in that category for a week.:(

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:41 pm

Only a week? Wow. Only sausages I've eaten in about the last 6 years were of the halal variety, where you can taste actual meat as opposed to dust.

HartKat
damaged
damaged

Postby HartKat » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Most sausages I find disgusting but I love Italian sausage.

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:01 pm

Astica wrote: We also have more space to farm, better conditions to do it in

Hmmmm ... I question that.

You and GC both have valid points so how do we fix it? Every six seconds someone in the world starves to death so that would equal to about 600 people an hour. This number blows me away.

Within 6 miles of my home I can get a free hot meal everyday and hit enough food banks to feed myself each month.

Is this country wide? Do countries like the UK or NZ have the same programs?

Everyone needs food so it only stands to reason that mankind would exploit that. There is enough food to feed the world.

Not many people are posting here but it seems that other than Luna most of us do not eat very healthy. Certainly me included.

Wednesday:
1 peanut butter sandwich and a cup of tea
1 banana and 1 pack of cheese crackers
1 bottle of water
2 pork chops ... shared with my LLF :)
2 bottles of Hi-cal drink

The best sausage I have ever eaten is hand made by a friend of mine from Venison.
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:11 am

We have a food bank system, it doesn't cover a lot of ground though and you can only use it so often.

Today I'm eating this sorbet/gelato-y stuff (they didn't have any frozen yogurt at the fruit store and its too warm for ice cream) and I bought lots of summer fruit. Its too warm for heavy food today.

Luna-kins
divine
divine

Postby Luna-kins » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:30 am

@ERQ: More like I am forced to eat healthy? I ate an extremely small bag of potato chips, the one for little kids, and got a beating. :?

雪月花

Alu
undetermined
undetermined

Postby Alu » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:58 am

Guitar_clock wrote:Because it has to do with how fucked up shit is¿

Since when are movies NOT about how fucked up shit is? Movies about how the world is fucked up, how the government is fucked up, how someone's love life is fucked up, or how their situation is fucked up.
Conflict creates plot; a movie about how great food is just wouldn't sell.

However, I do agree with you that much of the food they sell these days is disgusting.

Recently I've found myself to be losing a lot of weight due to simply finding most food unappetizing. Foods altered to 'look better' just seem gross to me now, and I prefer more natural/normal looking food that tastes good. Like we have these chocolate mint cookies right now that I am nearly positive are coated in wax, and I won't eat them. I would much prefer to eat orgainic or locally-grown products, but in my area at least, they are much more expensive than, say, Jack in the Box. While it would be great to get 'better food' in the long run, if it comes down to either me starving or me eating 'altered' food, I will choose the altered food. Hey, could be worse.

Oh and GC, I've been wondering, why are all your question marks upside down?
Gravity is your friend.

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:36 pm

^ Because he can ¿

I had cramps and a stomach ache all day.
Thursday:
1 peanut butter sandwich
1 cup of tea
1/2 banana
2 Hi-cal drinks

I am a bit afraid to put food in me today.

Amy, too warm for ice cream?
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:54 am

Long story. By now it's just a tradition I've kept since '03.

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:11 am

Fuck this thread.

HartKat
damaged
damaged

Postby HartKat » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:58 am

Ok......yah anyways,I dont really know what to say after that.

Its winter where I am right now ,I hate it.

Return to “General Discussion”