Syn Sent Me This

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Kex
distorted
distorted

Postby Kex » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:24 pm

/\ Point.

For a guy whos quite happy to think that nothing matters then have a fear of death is an interesting mix.

If there really is nothing after death and you cease to exist ( if you truely exist in the first place ) then what is there to worry about?

Not existing?

I'd say the people who are more likely to worry about it are the people who believe there is a hell, and wether or not they've redeemed themselves from it. Which in all likelyness is a no.

The concept of "Nothing" no space, no suns and not even time is too much for the human mind.

I'd disagree on that one though.

@Drinking/smoking thing: Everything you take will effect the baby, however how much is dependable on a trillion things, but the chance is always still there.

Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass

Postby Spaced Ape » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:41 pm

You were nothing before you were born. That's what its like after you die. How is that such a strange OR scary concept?

Let me ask you this, ERQ. What does heaven look like?
Is there a promised land
Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?
Are the streets paved with gold
Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?
DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:54 pm

Eschatos wrote:

Wow if I knew that let me assure you I would be one rich and decadent girl. lol

The only thing I am sure of is that I would never feel pain or sadness.

Anything else I see as a perk.

@Kex ... really?
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS

krishh.
divine
divine

Postby krishh. » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:22 pm

Eschatos wrote:You were nothing before you were born.

ESCUSE ME I REINCARNATED BETCH
Voly wrote:You just got told by a sassy 13 year old.

dickwad wrote:i'll let krishh off because i wanna fill her hoo-ha with my goof juice.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:24 pm

@ERQ - I love life. Death is the end of life. I fear death.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU HAVING TROUBLE WITH, HERE?

Kex wrote:For a guy whos quite happy to think that nothing matters then have a fear of death is an interesting mix.

There is a difference between "Nothing matters" and "Nothing matters to me." Frosty cares about a lot of things, he just recognizes that they're only really important to him, and are not intrinsically important. It's a philosophical concept you and ERQ seem unable to comprehend.
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:24 am

Astica wrote::lol: You can't worry about the fact that you can't think. If you can't think you can't worry about much at all.

It was a joke. You have bigger things to worry about, like not having any ability to do, or be, anything! :shock:

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:29 am

Actually, right now, I can say that I don't fear death at all.

But that's only because I don't see it happening anytime soon. I'm 19, I still have the "I'm invincible" teen complex. If I were to go to teh doctor and be handed my life expectancy in months, I'd be pretty fuckin scared.

I think anyone who would feel otherwise is crazy. There's too much to enjoy, too much to live for.
I've got one hand in my pocket

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:54 am

Voly wrote:Everybody would like to go to heaven, nobody wants to die.

*BEEP*
Try again.
For all we know humans are just weapons created by the world.
Yonaka Sanryu - This thread makes the EMOs slit their wrists.

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:04 am

ERQ wrote:Frosty, your "Nothing matters" posts all come to mind.

It's not even worth explaining to you; I've detailed the difference between something that matters and something that is valued multiple times.
[/somebullshit]

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:59 am

I can understand the philosophical concept, but I disagree, although there is a distinct difference between importance and value.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:11 am

Anarch wrote:@ERQ - I love life. Death is the end of life. I fear death.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU HAVING TROUBLE WITH, HERE?

I think fear is the wrong word. You know you're going to die one day, and while you may do your best to remain alive as long as you can, you surely have to accept that it won't last forever. You may not like it, but to fear it seems kind of silly.

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:46 am

So does love, robot.
[/somebullshit]

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:44 am

Well, you're at least conscious of love, you're not conscious of death. Also, since I'm neither in love or in fear of death, so I'm going to wear that robot status with pride.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:53 pm

Astica would immediately come to terms with death if she were told she were going to die in mere months, or even if she found herself in a failing airplane. She is most definitely a robot.

I, on the other hand, would not stop desperately fighting against whatever doom sought me, until it became inevitable, at which point I would force myself to not care by weeping and wailing until I had no energy left (assuming I had the time to do so, which would not be the case in a lot of situations involving imminent death, and only really applies to the "dying slowly" or "slated for execution" scenarios. I would not consider suicide until I were done despairing; that way I could go calmly and serenely, which I think anyone would prefer, even someone who fears death.

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:19 pm

I think terminal illness would be slightly harder to quickly come to terms with than a falling airplane scenario, because I'd worry about how best to fill the time, which would make it frustrating. Whereas if I was in a falling plane or something, I'd be fairly calm about it, since there was nothing to do except try to go out feeling well.

That doesn't really explain it well, but hopefully you get the idea.

Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass

Postby Spaced Ape » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:45 pm

evilredqueen wrote:
Eschatos wrote:

How does that work?
And as for value, like beauty it is placed in the eyes of the beholder.
Is there a promised land

Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?

Are the streets paved with gold

Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?

DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

Kex
distorted
distorted

Postby Kex » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:03 pm

It's a philosophical concept you and ERQ seem unable to comprehend.

When did I say I don't understand that?

Frosty cares about a lot of things, he just recognizes that they're only really important to him, and are not intrinsically important.

Well I was under a different impression of his 'personality' in the 'caring' department, I seem to be mistaken. I was not talking about intrinsic imp.

@Kex ... really?

reley wut?

Astica would immediately come to terms with death if she were told she were going to die in mere months, or even if she found herself in a failing airplane. She is most definitely a robot.

Some people are just less emotionally retarded anarch.

I would love to go in a plane accident, preferably when I'm content with what i've done. To watch absolute chaos unfold is quite something. Also, I doubt everyone accepts death who are plummeting down to earth on fire in an elongated can. I'm fairly certain a %age may panic.

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:43 am

I know I promised I wouldn't do this again, but I'm going to indulge myself in detailing your continued inability to know what the fuck is going on.

Kex wrote:
Anarch wrote:It's a philosophical concept you and ERQ seem unable to comprehend.

When did I say I don't understand that?

Read it again; you seem unable to understand. You didn't say you didn't understand, you demonstrated a lack of understanding.

Kex wrote:Well I was under a different impression of his 'personality' in the 'caring' department, I seem to be mistaken.

I can respect you enjoy me like a faceful of dogshit, but don't talk like you know the first thing about what I'm like; I haven't made any such assumptions about you.

Kex wrote:I was not talking about intrinsic imp.

I was. My point is that nothing is intrinsically important, despite being important to me, you, or anyone else.
[/somebullshit]

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:28 am

Frosty wrote:I know I promised I wouldn't do this again, but I'm going to indulge myself in detailing your continued inability to know what the fuck is going on.

I recommend simply not reading his posts. Gives you a lot less of a headache. Plus frustration makes me pace, so I end up AFK'ing for ages.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:19 am

I just took some Advil. They should kick in about the same time the kex-induced-headache. How convenient, since I only had a very mild dull headache when I took it.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:32 pm

Eschatos wrote:
evilredqueen wrote:
Eschatos wrote:

How does that work?

Because I would charge people for the knowledge. :P

Anarch, Amy seems to have it together. Maybe fear is the wrong word. Maybe in your case not. But it is the same road we all walk down and it certainly knows no age. Just because we fight to live doesn't mean we have to fear death.

Not that it matters ... lol ... but Frosty I think I understand your cynical view of the world just a bit better than you think I do. I will use it to yank your chain.. sorry. :)
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:17 am

ERQ wrote:Anarch, Amy seems to have it together. Maybe fear is the wrong word. Maybe in your case not. But it is the same road we all walk down and it certainly knows no age. Just because we fight to live doesn't mean we have to fear death.

Whatever. That's your philosophy. I don't personally share it.

____

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:20 am

I don't fear being dead, I fear the process by which I may potentially become dead. Getting caught in a slow moving grinder-like machine would be my least favorite way to go, if I had to pick a least favorite off the top of my head.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:32 am

There was an old quote by some greek, "I am not afraid of being dead, I just don't want to die." When I read the quote I said to myself, "Disturbingly, I am the exact opposite. I have no fear of dying, I just don't want to be dead."

____

obskewer
divine
divine

Postby obskewer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:46 am

On the subject of smoking during pregnancy, I wake up just about every day stoned =)

Although it can make me feel like I'm still dreaming, as well. Dangerous to those around me

Return to “General Discussion”