Christmas Lists!

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:45 am

Anarch wrote:Dude, you don't fucking get it. The stories were great, some of the greatest I've written, both in complexity and in realism. You haven't even read any of my old good work, or even any of my recent, so I don't know where you're coming from on this, or where you get off making such uneducated judgements.

I missed you saying this the first time through.

He can get off making such uneducated judgments because you already said you don't remember what they're even ABOUT. How can you know they're really that great?

I mean, that's what I think, anyway.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:55 am

I do remember what they were about.

The older one was a chronicle lasting 1000 years, detailing a good fifteen different wars. In the course of writing it, I invented probably twenty or thirty different characters, all with unique names I came up with on the spot. I only remember one name, of a woman named "Chenoa Anastasia," who hijacked some sort of giant space warship and disappeared for twenty years. I want to read the whole thing again.

The younger one was a detailed synopsis of the first book of a series I've wanted to write for a long time, called Volt or The Prophet's Song. The plot summary just kept going on and on for pages, and I started feeling absolutely ecstatic, wondering if maybe I could actually turn it into a real novel's worth of material. I had never produced a plot summary so long and detailed before, and have not since. If I tried to recreate it, I would be missing at least half of the content and detail. I must have invented a good fifteen or twenty characters with unique names during the course of its writing. I remember there was a planned uprising of soldiers at a barracks, a meeting between the main character and the queen of another country, a march of rebels back to the capital of their home country, a schism between them, some sort of attempted assassination of the main character, a rousing speech given by the main character, an assault on a prison, then a siege of another prison, and a massive and tactically detailed battle between the rebels and the emperor's men. I couldn't tell you the details anymore. I want that thing back desperately.
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:01 am

I mistook "I remember almost none of their content" for actually not remembering their content. My bad for taking your words at face value.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Return to “General Discussion”