Christmas Lists!

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:26 pm

Tomorrow is dress like a pokemon day!! :D

I shall be Mr. Mime.
For all we know humans are just weapons created by the world.
Yonaka Sanryu - This thread makes the EMOs slit their wrists.

Ay-Ze
deformed
deformed

Postby Ay-Ze » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:54 am

A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:20 am

DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:24 am

aw shit, does this mean i have to find a new favourite?

krishh.
divine
divine

Postby krishh. » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:15 pm

I'M DEOXYS. YES, OTHER WORLDY POWERS. NOW BOW DOWN TO MY GREATNESS OR PERISH.

wayne, what's your favorite?
Voly wrote:You just got told by a sassy 13 year old.

dickwad wrote:i'll let krishh off because i wanna fill her hoo-ha with my goof juice.

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:07 pm

Scyther?

I like Jigglypuff, because of pokemon snap. Which, by the way, is waaaaaayyyy shorter than I remember it being.
I've got one hand in my pocket

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:59 pm

Kristinadot wrote:Scyther?

yeah.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:33 pm

I am actually using it as grounds to give Anarch respect points. He easily has the most fluctuating amount of my respect out of anyone on this forum.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:17 pm

Grovyle.
S. [Burned] Y. wrote:Zyn, please stop telling the special ed kids of your school about this place.

Voly wrote:You just earned back all the many, many points I've taken away from you (mentally) since you've been here.

krishh.
divine
divine

Postby krishh. » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:39 pm

^is the bad, then good, guy in mystery dungeon explorers of time/darkness/sky.
Voly wrote:You just got told by a sassy 13 year old.

dickwad wrote:i'll let krishh off because i wanna fill her hoo-ha with my goof juice.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:01 am

Zynathias wrote:Grovyle.

Reminds me of Argyle. As in, "'You're listening to the adventures of me, Herbert "Daring" Dashwood, and my stalwart ghoul manservant, Argyle! Today's episode: Escape From Paradise Falls!' 'So little faith, boss. I could disarm this slaver junk with my eyes closed. There, now for yours!' 'Argyle, you magnificent bastard, you did it!' 'Don't thank me yet, boss; we still need to get out of here. Let's go, while the guard's away from the front gate!' 'Not so fast, my fleshrotten friend! That girl we came in with, we're the only chance she's got! Come on!' 'Ugh. Always with the dames.' 'Alright, she's locked in there. They call it "the box." First, we have to remove that guard.' 'Allow me. Hey fella, gotta light?' 'Huh?' 'Lotus... KICK-YEE!!!' 'Now, the door!' 'Child's play, boss. Alright, lady, you're rescued. Now let's get out of here before.... Huh? Boss, it's empty!' 'Hands up, chumps. Nobody escapes from paradise falls.' 'Drop the steel, you slaver scumbag. Are you boys alright? I busted out of that box and was almost home free when I noticed your predicament.' 'Hold it, lady, we do the rescuing around here!' 'Now, now, Argyle, old friend, we owe this lady our thanks. Miss...?' 'Penelope Chase, fortune hunter. You can buy me a beer later. Now let's cut this shindig short and get the bloody hell out of here! Come on!' 'Argyle, old friend, I think I'm in love! Be sure and tune in next week for another exciting adventure of me, Herbert "Daring" Dashwood, and my stalwart ghoul manservant, Argyle!' 'And now, some music.'"

... Wow. I am pathetic. Anybody who gets this reference should be ashamed, none moreso than I.

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Slave
distorted
distorted

Postby Slave » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:10 am

My boyfriend.
My Little Ponies.
Another Breyer horse.
An inflatable ball gag.
Tell me about the dream where we pull the bodies out of the lake
and dress them in warm clothes again.

"I’ve lost count of all the times I made it home alive and wished I hadn’t"

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:24 pm

Lil_Miss_Masochist wrote:An inflatable ball gag.

LOL ... YES :)
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS

Ashreal
divine
divine

Postby Ashreal » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:02 pm

Note, to self: must complete tenpenny tower quest.
For those that fight for it, life has a flavour that the sheltered will never know.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:37 pm

Ashreal wrote:Note, to self: must complete tenpenny tower quest.

Meh. My only interactions with Tenpenny tower are to go there, gain entrance to Tenpenny's balcony, ask him why he wanted to blow up Megaton, then blow him away with Agatha's black hawk. I then nonchalantly leave the building and continue on my way.

____

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:38 pm

Hmmm ... I needed caps bad so I nuked Megaton.
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:40 am

When you need caps bad, that's when you stop by the super duper mart (or some other such outpost full of enemies), kill all the raiders and take all their gear, then bring it back to Megaton and sell it.

____

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:18 am

i can't remember ever needing caps, really. but i basically took everything i could.
Music over Matter

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:45 am

As long as you do lots of looting and little buying, you should be able to accumulate cash quickly. You can also get three hundred caps from Silver in Springvale really early on, one hundred from Lucas Simms for disarming the bomb, and two hundred from Walter for fixing the pipes in Megaton. There are also several items that can be sold overpriced to certain people: Walter in Megaton will buy scrap metal for ten caps per piece; scribe Yearling at Arlington library will buy prewar books for one hundred caps each; and scribe Jameson at the citadel will compensate you one hundred caps each for brotherhood of steel holotags. Scrap metal can be found all over the place; there are several prewar books to be found in Minefield; and brotherhood of steel holotags can be found on the body of any brotherhood of steel soldier killed. Other ridiculously valuable items include stealth boys, skill books, and bottlecap mines. Also, if you sell drugs instead of using them, they can add up to a lot of profit, since they're so plentiful.

____

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:16 am

oh the holotags, yeah.
in one savegame, i used to kill people from the brotherhood of steel whenever i came across a group, gave me some nice expensive (at the time unusable) armor, and those holotags to sell.
Music over Matter

Ashreal
divine
divine

Postby Ashreal » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:44 pm

Scribe yearling was a veritable goldmine.
For those that fight for it, life has a flavour that the sheltered will never know.

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:03 pm

I played the game all wrong... When I left the vault I only was carrying a worthless gun and a baton. I didn't have the 100 caps to get the info on my dad so I took what I could and I wandered a lot. I think now that the only reasons I finished so quickly:
1) I stumbled upon Jefferson and it was full of mutants so I killed them all with a baseball bat... long hard fight. Way too early in the game.
2) I stumbled upon Lamplite (w/e) and took the quest Mayor gave me. This turned out to be a major step forward.
3) I stumbled upon an alien crash and found a blaster with 101 rounds. One fucking ass kick weapon.

When I finished my last fight I ended up with 1 stimpak and very low health. I only had about 150 caps on me even then.

I thought about playing it again but I already know all possible endings....

Something to add to my X-mas list ... a good game that I actually own. lol

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:18 pm

Everything Anarch says is truth. Also, wandering traders are walking free money if you can kill them and their two-headed cows. Some had bodyguards but... by the time I figured this strategy out, I didn't have a problem with 'em.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:44 pm

Yeah... the only things I do in the game that net me negative karma are 1) telling Zimmer about Harkness (which gives you bad karma even though you can just kill him right after telling him, which results in no danger to Harkness, and is in fact sanctioned by him), and 2) stealing Zimmer's stuff from his room after killing him (which shouldn't give you bad karma, logically). Personally, I think killing Zimmer should give you good karma, telling Zimmer about Harkness shouldn't give you bad karma until Zimmer has confronted and recaptured Harkness, and stealing items belonging to a dead person shouldn't give bad karma either.

I'm currently trying to play the perfect game - never getting injured, never wasting any time, not doing any side quests (except for Those and The Replicated Man, which can be done without going much out of your way from the main quest), and only doing things my character would logically do in a given situation. It is extremely fucking difficult, especially the first requirement I mentioned. I save extremely frequently, and am constantly loading previous saves when I get injured or forget to do something. I always try to get sneak attack criticals on every opponent, except when impossible, since I think damage in the game is highly underrated, and only sneak attack criticals approach true realism in terms of damage with regard to shooting someone. (Also, it presents the least risk of getting shot back, which is unacceptable under the terms of my perfect game.) I've been working on this for weeks, maybe months. In my current attempt, I've reached underworld and am about to invade the museum of technology. I currently have about sixty-five separate saves made at roughly even intervals, so if I realize I've forgotten something, I don't have to start the whole game over to correct the error, and I can just go back to the exact point where I forgot to do whatever it was.

____

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:34 pm

anarch, the reason stealing his stuff is seen as dead is because f3 doesn't check deathstatus of items that belong to an npc.
could be there's a mod for that, you'd have to check.

as for the whole damage system, there's certainly mods for that, check around on beth's boards or tesnexus.
Music over Matter

Return to “General Discussion”