Do You Think...

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Do You Think...

Postby Guitar_clock » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Since there have been studies held that show that when a room gets warmer, peoples' body temperatures raise, and when peoples' body temperatures raise, people show an increase in irritability and also a decrease in alertness.

So, if there's that, then, do people get angrier or less alert the closer they get to the equator¿ And also the inverse, do people get less hot tempered, or are calmer the further they live away from the equator¿ Has anyone ever written about this¿

Source for study:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4077790

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:40 am

I know I get pissed a lot easier in Summer. But in Winter it's too damn cold to fight. I'd rather just cuddle on a couch with hot chocolate.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:13 am

That's why North Dakotans are so goddamned NICE. I hate this place. I want to move somewhere where people scowl and curse at each other, instead of waving and smiling at people they don't even know.
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

pink_lemonade
damaged
damaged

Postby pink_lemonade » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:01 am

I'm pretty sure I have a rotten temper, and I'm nowhere near the equator. ;)
Though, you got me thinking, this time of year does tend to come with more lashing out...Interesting thought.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:09 am

PL wrote:I'm pretty sure I have a rotten temper, and I'm nowhere near the equator. ;)

This comment goes well with your "location" underneath your avatar. :lol:

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:09 am

And here I'd just attributed people being more irritable over summer to it being Christmas.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:16 am

Wow, we posted at almost the exact same moment.

____

pink_lemonade
damaged
damaged

Postby pink_lemonade » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:26 am

Christmas and hot weather is a lethal combination. Though its not terribly hot currently..Which is lucky for the air conditioning people that came to our house today, put a massive hole in the wall, and then decided that one of the parts was broken. Grr.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:42 am

wouldn't it just be a thing of being outside the bounds of your optimum temperature? i'm wondering if extreme cold has the same effect as extreme heat.
Music over Matter

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:20 pm

I hate cold. I get mad easily when I'm cold. I like warm. I am happy more frequently when I'm warm.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:31 pm

likewise.
but what i miss most about the weather when it's winter is the clouds.
summer/spring/some of fall have pretty clouds with great colours (purple, orange, red, blue, yellow, in almost all variations of the spectrum), when they're there i stare at it for quite a while every day.
Music over Matter

Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass

Postby Spaced Ape » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:06 pm

Voly wrote:I hate cold. I get mad easily when I'm cold. I like warm. I am happy more frequently when I'm warm.
Is there a promised land
Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?
Are the streets paved with gold
Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?
DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:54 pm

I'm talking hot temps, not warm temps.

Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass

Postby Spaced Ape » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:20 pm

I like the temp pretty hot.
Is there a promised land

Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?

Are the streets paved with gold

Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?

DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

Morph
distorted
distorted

Postby Morph » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:19 pm

I've got to be in a warm room. If it's cold, I get red spots all over my body and it itches like crazy. Dunno how the disease is called; my doc said there's no medicine for it and that I just need to avoid cold places.
Feel my hands around your throat.

krishh.
divine
divine

Postby krishh. » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:31 pm

AnUninvitedGuest wrote:I know I get pissed a lot easier in Summer. But in Winter it's too damn cold to fight. I'd rather just cuddle on a couch with hot chocolate.

new yawk, ma brotha!

@topic: i don't temperature has much to do with it, because in guyana people are very friendly with each other. besides the fact that almost everybody knows each other in georgetown, they're very open and hospitable to strangers.

i love new york. we have a perfect balance- hot summers, cold winters. i prefer the cold, always and forever.
Voly wrote:You just got told by a sassy 13 year old.

dickwad wrote:i'll let krishh off because i wanna fill her hoo-ha with my goof juice.

Ay-Ze
deformed
deformed

Postby Ay-Ze » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:13 am

I love how beautiful the scenery is here, but I freakin' hate San Diego weather! It's too damn hot here! I'm gonna move north as soon as I can.
A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:50 am

My guess, GC, is that just being uncomfortable makes people irritable. Hot OR cold. I just prefer hot, and generally get cold instead.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:25 am

Morph wrote:I've got to be in a warm room. If it's cold, I get red spots all over my body and it itches like crazy. Dunno how the disease is called; my doc said there's no medicine for it and that I just need to avoid cold places.

Holy shit, this happens to me in summer. I wake up covered in little red dots and they don't go away for ages when it's too hot :(

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:03 am

I am extremely sensitive to temperature. There is only a very small temperature range around 65-75 degrees somewhere, where I feel comfortable. Any lower and I start shivering and curling up, any higher and I start sweating like crazy. North Dakota is not the place for me; it is almost never in that temperature range here.

Krish wrote:i love new york. we have a perfect balance- hot summers, cold winters. i prefer the cold, always and forever.

HAHAHAHAHA!

You can't say you have "hot summers" and "cold winters" until you've been to North Dakota for a year. Here, the average summer temperatures approach 100, and the average winter temperatures approach -40.

____

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:08 am

Try nLouisiana. The humidity makes suck a huge difference.
I've got one hand in my pocket

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:23 am

:shock:

____

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:39 am

Anarch wrote:You can't say you have "hot summers" and "cold winters" until you've been to North Dakota for a year. Here, the average summer temperatures approach 100, and the average winter temperatures approach -40.

I don't think either of those are "average" for the state. But if they are it means hell froze over.

Ashreal
divine
divine

Postby Ashreal » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:23 pm

I'm living near the equator atm. The people here are pretty laid back, no one wants to get even hotter than they are.
For those that fight for it, life has a flavour that the sheltered will never know.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:41 pm

AnUninvitedGuest wrote:
Anarch wrote:You can't say you have "hot summers" and "cold winters" until you've been to North Dakota for a year. Here, the average summer temperatures approach 100, and the average winter temperatures approach -40.

I don't think either of those are "average" for the state. But if they are it means hell froze over.

Bear in mind when he says 100 and -40 he means Fahrenheit. Obviously they wouldn't be anywhere near average in Celsius.

Return to “General Discussion”