Hurricane Earl

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Hurricane Earl

Postby Davion Fuxa » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Power Restored finally. Wonder what else will be coming my way. Hurricane Season of 2010 START!

So, I got hit by a Category 1 Hurricane - lost power for about 24 hours and the had fun walking around in windy weather with a few uprooted trees and a lot of fallen branches.

As may or may not be known to people browsing this forum, I was here when Hurricane Juan hit. Hurricane Earl wasn't too bad but that doesn't mean it was a lot of bluster like Hurricane Bill was.

Something that really impressed me was preparedness for people during this Hurricane. Everywhere you went you could here portable generators going, service crews and police cars roamed the streets in the waning hours of the storm, and power was quickly restored through the city (and it is expected the rest of the province will get power back on Monday). I hear they also brought 60 portable generators in to the wholesale Costco store.

Anyone else live in the Hurricane zone?
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:14 am

Southwest Missouri actually got hit by Katrina.

But no, not really in the Hurricane zone.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:42 am

I don't think we get hurricanes in this area of the south pacific, which is odd since they apparently start over water and there is water all around. We never hear about them, anyway. Just earthquakes and tsunamis around these parts. And the occasional volcano/lahar.

ardizt
Captain Evil Stomper

Postby ardizt » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Dont rest yet, Toejam is right behind the corner

krishh.
divine
divine

Postby krishh. » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:03 pm

earl only barely hit eastern long island, lucky me~
Voly wrote:You just got told by a sassy 13 year old.

dickwad wrote:i'll let krishh off because i wanna fill her hoo-ha with my goof juice.

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:29 pm

I'm in California, so no, our weather is good.

I'm actually not surprised by how prepared the North is for hurricanes. Considering Katrina is still fresh on everyone's mind and New England and the like are markedly more intelligent states than the deep South.
I can't decide which one of us will leave here alive
Your fingers breaking as I place them over mine
The only thing I need is time
To change your mind, I said

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:13 pm

Astica wrote:I don't think we get hurricanes in this area of the south pacific, which is odd since they apparently start over water and there is water all around. We never hear about them, anyway. Just earthquakes and tsunamis around these parts. And the occasional volcano/lahar.

I believe they are called Cyclones in your area. I know they have different names for their ocean of origin.
S. [Burned] Y. wrote:Zyn, please stop telling the special ed kids of your school about this place.

Voly wrote:You just earned back all the many, many points I've taken away from you (mentally) since you've been here.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:30 am

Well, we don't get them, anyway. We have fierce gale force winds, just not big twisted ones that tear shit up. Wind was at 130kmph on sunday, though. I was too much of a wuss to leave the library for hours after getting owned by the wind on the way there. Consequently I got loads of work done.

Sugar70
latency
latency

Postby Sugar70 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:19 am

hey,,,
Thanks for some thoughts shared here,
God Bless!

edited by azgarth:
don't think so, don't link to stuff 'till it's pertinent to the conversation, or you earned enough of a reputation here to be called a full member.

daemon
divine
divine

Postby daemon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:55 pm

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:41 am

Yeah, sorry Az, I think you've got too much faith in this one.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:51 am

doubt it's anything more than a bot either, but like this it's fruitless for the bot anyway.
there was a reply by another bot, which had links in his sig. can't edit sigs, so i did remove those three posts.
Music over Matter

Ashreal
divine
divine

Postby Ashreal » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:31 am

Zynathias wrote:
I believe they are called Cyclones in your area. I know they have different names for their ocean of origin.

Yup, they roll around every wet season. The fence palings have gaps in them for that reason.
For those that fight for it, life has a flavour that the sheltered will never know.

daemon
divine
divine

Postby daemon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:24 pm

Chichevache wrote:I'm in California, so no, our weather is good.

I'm actually not surprised by how prepared the North is for hurricanes. Considering Katrina is still fresh on everyone's mind and New England and the like are markedly more intelligent states than the deep South.

I know this is old, but damn the stereotypes. The personified southern archtype hillbilly redneck DUMBASS isn't hard to find, but not everyone in the south is ignorant. I wish some of you guys could come shadow me or Voly's life for a month. Then you would understand.

I'm not denying that there are some dumbasses, but aren't there in every corner of the globe?

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:11 am

Daemon consider the source on this one ...

I would pay money to see Aug go a few rounds with a "good ole country boy".

He really seems to think that people from California are in some way better. Scary considering he wants to become a cop.

But he is not here now to defend himself
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:27 am

Chichevache wrote:markedly more intelligent states

markedly more

markedly

daemon wrote:I know this is old, but damn the stereotypes. The personified southern archtype hillbilly redneck DUMBASS isn't hard to find, but not everyone in the south is ignorant. I wish some of you guys could come shadow me or Voly's life for a month. Then you would understand.

I'm not denying that there are some dumbasses, but aren't there in every corner of the globe?

I'm one of the only smart people I know. I'm sure you're one of the only smart people you know. Admit it, you can be proud of being southern, but it really is pretty accurate to say that most people in this region are dumb.

That said, even the mighty California is full of idiots. They're all sensationalist hippies and mall rats.

Maybe I'm being cynical when I say that you're both right, and the world is full of idiots. A wise man once said, "Think about how dumb the average person is. How the fuck do you feel knowing that half the population is dumber than they are?"

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Ashreal
divine
divine

Postby Ashreal » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:55 pm

Alexi sayle said: You don't know you're stupid when you're stupid.
For those that fight for it, life has a flavour that the sheltered will never know.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:54 pm

evilredqueen wrote:He really seems to think that people from California are in some way better.

Pretty much every decent American death rock musician came from California.

@Voly: whats wrong with the word markedly?

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:05 pm

Everyone's stupid.

Debate over.
S. [Burned] Y. wrote:Zyn, please stop telling the special ed kids of your school about this place.

Voly wrote:You just earned back all the many, many points I've taken away from you (mentally) since you've been here.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:24 pm

@Amy, I was agreeing that it is obvious that rednecks are dumb.

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:36 pm

Astica wrote:
evilredqueen wrote:He really seems to think that people from California are in some way better.

Pretty much every decent American death rock musician came from California.

But this is in Cleveland ...

Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:35 pm

A really shitty HDR of the rock hall¿ Do not want.

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:56 pm

I'm entertained as to how my thread has been 'distorted'.

Wonder what will happen when I make a post about the fist snowstorm I'll get.
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:55 pm

You'll be a week behind ERQ and I.

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:10 pm

I wonder if that's a good thing.

Return to “General Discussion”