International White Van Project

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Stalkerlicious
divine
divine

International White Van Project

Postby Stalkerlicious » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:26 pm

Some of you seemed into the chocolate trade idea but I'm too lazy to go through PMing individuals. The weather here is cold enough now that I feel confident I could send candy or chocolate without it arriving as a soggy U.S. Post box full of brown soup. So if anyone is still interested in the idea along with me we'll have this one topic to talk about what to trade. Except Hery and Astica. Because they have no choice. I need all the balls in Austria from Hery. Astica, you're eating poptarts. Even if I have to fly to NZ and crumble them up over your mouth while you sleep like a creeper-ninja. You're eating them.
Frosty wrote:COWER BEFORE MY AWESOME CYNICISM AND INCESSANT HYPERANALYSIS!

Bean Bag Nuts wrote:that's not hallucinations
that's spider powers

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:53 am

I'm still in .... I just love chocolate !!!!!
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS

Stalkerlicious
divine
divine

Postby Stalkerlicious » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Okay. I remember you named one brand that I've never seen around here. I'll try to get a list of things that sound less common unless you have some you've thought of. I don't know how widespread the box chocolates are like Russel Stovers and Whitmans. We have those all over though.

that's spider powers

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:07 pm

How did I not see this topic before?
Also, still keen, choice or not.
Not sure what we have here that is considered uncommon everywhere else. Pineapple lumps seems like the obvious choice (pineapple flavoured marshmallowy stuff coated in chocolate). I'm not sure if chocolates with kiwifruit goo in them are specific to here or if I just assume they are since they have "kiwi" in the name. Then of course we have local brands of normal things, and Tim Tams. Everyone loves Tim Tams. They're technically biscuits but I'm including them as confectionery since they are more chocolate than biscuit. Will think some more.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:43 pm

I've never heard of kiwi-filled chocolates, for the record.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:15 am

http://www.seriouseats.com/2008/10/amer ... tyles.html

These are all American candies. Other stuff I know of that is difficult for other countries are goodies like Mountain Dew and Pop Rocks.

I'm totally in on this, btw.
I've got one hand in my pocket

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:30 am

Dr Pepper isn't available in Germany according to my Dr Pepper-addicted German friend Johannes.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:24 pm

I like where this is going.

Amy - I need Tim Tams, my girlfriend is totally into them.

Stalker - I need butterfingers. I can't recall seeing those over here.

What I can offer are - Mozartballs, Kinder Überraschung and other Kinder chocolates, Lindt, Milka, Ritter Sport, Haribo, Nimm 2 candies. Also, Zotter. Zotter has some very exotic, saisonal, hand-scooped chocolates: http://www.zotter.at/en/choco-shop/choc ... id/32.html

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:58 pm

I can actually get Lindt and Haribo here.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:25 pm

HeRetiK wrote:Amy - I need Tim Tams, my girlfriend is totally into them.

I'm afraid you're going to have to be more specific :P
http://www.arnotts.com/our-products/products/arnotts-tim-tam.aspx
For some reason they only list the flavours in a kind of annoying slideshow instead of a real list.
I'm familiar with Lindt and Kinder, but nothing else you mentioned. Some of those Zotter things sound terrifying. I guess there must be a market for them, though. As ERQ says, taste for every flavour.

We have mountain dew and doctor pepper here, I think we have pop rocks, too? It occurs to me you guys probably don't have L&P, but then sending fizzy soda in the mail sounds potentially dangerous :lol: Um...how common are chocolate and honey combinations everywhere else? We have manuka honey, which is apparently special, but I'm not sure how much so. What about those little milk-bottle candies? What about Cherry Ripe bars? It's cherry and coconut fudge stuff covered in chocolate. I know they have them in Australia, not sure where else.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:00 pm

iirc, Toblerone has honey in it.

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:26 pm

I can get Butterfingers, as well. I'm pretty excited about this.

And Dr. Pepper is the shit, if you haven't had it, let me know.

Stalkerlicious
divine
divine

Postby Stalkerlicious » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:41 pm

@ Astica: I've never heard of kiwi with chocolate before. I'm not a pineapple person but I'm sue I haven't seen those pineapple lumps either. They sound similar to a Japanese squishy marshmallow plum flavored candy. We have a few honey and chocolate combinations. Maybe one or two that use cherry. I'm not sure how sending soda would work either. Especially if that L&P comes in glass bottles. Although if any of you don't have Pepsi or Mt Dew, I'm pretty sure those are the two that come in squat little cans that would be safer to send. Do you have any preferences with the pop tart flavors?

@ Hery: Butterfingers I can get for you. Around this season they're all sizes too. I'm most interested in Kinder Überraschung. The Nimm2 candies look good as well. Ritter Sport and Milka I believe I've had from an international store. Some of those Zotter candies do have crazy combinations. I'm obnoxiously picky but some of those sound really good. Is "hand scooped" chocolate just made differently or would you say there's a different taste? It's the first time I've ever seen that phrase.

Where are you from Voly?

that's spider powers

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:01 pm

What are butterfingers? Also, I have no idea about the pop tarts :s what would people recommend?

The internet has reminded me to mention hokey-pokey chocolate bars milo, which is malt-chocolate hot drink powder. Jaffas? Chocolate balls coated in some orange candy which I can't remember if it's actually orange flavoured or not.

EDIT: I know you guys have chocolate chip cookies already, but ermahgerd Cookie Time: http://www.cookietime.co.nz/product_portfolio.html. They're in the process of changing all of their packaging which is devastating but their cookies are amazeballs. Seriously.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Missouri. I'm from Missouri.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:32 am

Astica wrote:I'm afraid you're going to have to be more specific :P

Haha :D I'll take a look a that list and let you know!

Stalkerlicious wrote:Is "hand scooped" chocolate just made differently or would you say there's a different taste? It's the first time I've ever seen that phrase.

The taste is different and it's also a bit softer than other chocolates, but i guess that's mostly because of their ingredients.

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Chocolate and peanut butter. They're AMAZING.

Pic related, it's a Butterfinger.

And if you can't tell from the picture, they're crunchy, not gooey.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:11 am

^Allergy warning, contains coconut

But you literally can't tell.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:46 pm

So, who's gonna trade with whom?

I would trade with Amy, Stalker and .dot. Unless there's some exotic trade-potential coming up (Luna, where are you >_>) that'd be it from my side so far, else I'd end up paying a small fortune for shipping candies around the globe :wink:

About sodas - I'm not sure if shipping sodas is a good idea, I wouldn't trust the postal service with liquids.

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:41 pm

Ok, Hery, trading with you! Butterfingers and what else?

Quick list of things off the top of my head:
Skittles, Swedish Fish, Bottle Caps, M&M's, Sour Punch Straws, Ring Pops, Baby Bottle Pops, Snickers, Reese's, Reese's Pieces, Kit Kats, Andes Mint Thins, Candy Corn (Not sure if that's a universal Halloween thing or not), Air Heads, Jolly Ranchers, Sour Patch Kids, Now and Laters, Warheads, Twizzlers, Twix, Nerds, Starburst, Smarties, Milky Way

If any of these sound appealing, just lemme know. They're all pretty good, and popular enough to float to the top of a Google search.

I hear that chocolate overseas is much better than US chocolate, so just send me your favorites.

One thing, though. Should we set a spending number? Like, 10 USD of candy? That's about all I can afford, and I'd feel bad if I got more than I sent.

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:02 pm

I am still in this ... Meggles was going to send me Tim Tams but it never happened so that would be my request .... or some canned Kangaroo. :)

** ask and you shall receive **

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J7dhEFQYos&feature=related[/youtube]
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:27 am

dot. wrote:Ok, Hery, trading with you! Butterfingers and what else?

Quick list of things off the top of my head:
Skittles, Swedish Fish, Bottle Caps, M&M's, Sour Punch Straws, Ring Pops, Baby Bottle Pops, Snickers, Reese's, Reese's Pieces, Kit Kats, Andes Mint Thins, Candy Corn (Not sure if that's a universal Halloween thing or not), Air Heads, Jolly Ranchers, Sour Patch Kids, Now and Laters, Warheads, Twizzlers, Twix, Nerds, Starburst, Smarties, Milky Way

If any of these sound appealing, just lemme know. They're all pretty good, and popular enough to float to the top of a Google search.

I hear that chocolate overseas is much better than US chocolate, so just send me your favorites.

One thing, though. Should we set a spending number? Like, 10 USD of candy? That's about all I can afford, and I'd feel bad if I got more than I sent.

Do you only want chocolates or should I drop some other candy in as well? (Haribo, Nimm 2...)

Most relevant to my interests are: Butterfinger!!!, Reese's & Reese's pieces, Candy Corn! (never tasted it but seen it all over the place), Warheads, Starburst... I think Hershey's is American as well, isn't it?

I'm also interested in exotic and special editions of international brands like snickers, mars, twix, kitkat etc... if there are any.

But really, just surprise me as long as you get me some butterfinger :)

For the record, sweets we don't have over here (at least not that I'm aware of): bottle caps, ring pops, bottle pops, Reese's, Reese's Pieces, Andes Mint Thins, Candy Corn, Air Heads, Jolly Ranchers, Sour Patch Kids, Now and Laters, Warheads, Twizzlers, Nerds, Starburst. The rest is pretty international, I think.

Spending number of about 10 USD is okay, but if Astica or Stalker want to trade for some more I'm also willing to spend a little more.

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:02 pm

Okies! I'll go shopping Thursday and get them in the mail by Monday. I'll get ya some Butterfingers and Candy Corn, and then more stuff to flesh it out.

My roommate suggests Kinder eggs? And Duplo?

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Kinder eggs and duplo? Right, will do! It will probably take me until the beginning of next week until I have everything together and shipped. I'll pm you with my current address.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Woah, what? Already? Who am I sending things to? What do people want? *unprepared as hell*

Return to “General Discussion”