International White Van Project

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:11 am

I think that's what the internet did to our brains. We're just not used to snail-mail anymore.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Definitely. :lol: Plus MD crossing into the real world with messages and attachments being hand delivered by a production line of workers across oceans always feels a little weird.

Stalkerlicious
divine
divine

Postby Stalkerlicious » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:57 pm

Exactly. And as soon as I read that I went downstairs and saw that the package got here. Nothing is banged or broken up so I guess it didn't have too much trouble on the journey. Now it's a matter of deciding what I want to eat first. Thank you, Astica!
Frosty wrote:COWER BEFORE MY AWESOME CYNICISM AND INCESSANT HYPERANALYSIS!

Bean Bag Nuts wrote:that's not hallucinations
that's spider powers

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:05 pm

Hooray! Also, if you bite each end off of a timtam and then dip it in your coffee you can use it as a straw. It's not the best way to go about things but it's one of those things that's fun to try at least once :P Enjoy!

Luna-kins
divine
divine

Postby Luna-kins » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:55 am

@Hery: Yes, you called for me?

雪月花

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:24 pm

Yes! I would love to do a snack exchange with you, but I understand if you're short on money right now. Just PM me if you're interested! :)

Luna-kins
divine
divine

Postby Luna-kins » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:03 am

Depends on what kind of snacks would I be on short on money. XD

雪月花

Stalkerlicious
divine
divine

Postby Stalkerlicious » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:21 pm

Astica wrote:Hooray! Also, if you bite each end off of a timtam and then dip it in your coffee you can use it as a straw. It's not the best way to go about things but it's one of those things that's fun to try at least once :P Enjoy!

I don't drink coffee, but I think I'll try that milk. That sounds neat. Tried a few of the candies so far. I see why you said freeze the buzz bars. They're a really sweet mix so I imagine freezing it into a tougher bar would be best. The Tim Tams are wonderful! The chocolate at first tasted almost tangy to me. After I orally destroy those two boxes I plan to look for them in the international food sections. I didn't expect the chewiness of the fruit hokey pokey or the crunchiness of the honeycomb bar. But they're both have a really nice soft, sweet taste. Trying to pace myself a bit so I don't eat all of it at once :D

that's spider powers

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:02 am

Not all NZ hokey pokey is chewy, but yeah, some is. I love the honeycomb bars :) I'm interested to know what you meant by tangy? Which type of chocolate? I haven't had buzz bars in years, many childhood memories there. Which flavours of Tim Tams did I send you again? I think I went with safe choices, but definitely try some of the others if you can find them, Tim Tams are the best.

Hery, I'm getting a little concerned that your package hasn't arrived yet :? let me know if you don't have it by monday and I'll go to the post office (if I can find the receipt...I put it somewhere safe)

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:25 am

@Amy: I got a package waiting for me at the post office, maybe it's yours!

Edit: Yes, it was yours! I still have to go through all the deliciouness, but so far it seems like everything arrived in good shape :D

Stalkerlicious
divine
divine

Postby Stalkerlicious » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Sort of random but it applies to this topic: recently at a store I saw boxes of Toffifee for sale in the candy section. It caught me off guard to see the box in English actually. First time I ever saw that product for sale here. The boxes were much smaller than the one I got from Hery, so I imagine the company and store may just be trying it out to see how profitable it will be.

that's spider powers

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:38 am

Yum. I'll have to hunt around here when I get a job and see what international candies we have. There are butterfingers bars at the store near the uni library, which were nice, and they also sell twinkies but I've never bought one because they look horrifying :lol:

What did you guys think of the rest of the Kiwi stuff? Things you didn't expect? Favourites/least favourites?

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:38 pm

Aww, come on :P

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:57 am

I still haven't snacked myself through the whole box. But the kiwi chocolate works way better than expected and I sure wish we had chocolate covered marshmallows over here as well!

Stalkerlicious
divine
divine

Postby Stalkerlicious » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:46 am

Something about the kiwi chocolate tastes like it would be a slushie flavor to me. It's not as peculiar as I thought it would be. The aftertaste has a lot more kiwi flavor to it than the actual chocolate does while I'm eating it. Still tastes very strange to me, but it's really tasty in its own unusual way.

that's spider powers

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:28 am

Glad you guys liked it :) Also, I can't believe they don't have chocolate covered marshmallows in Austria. I thought those existed everywhere, and the NZ ones might only be special since they were shaped like fish and/or also contained caramel.

@Topic: Ate part of a twinkie for the first time today when someone brought one to course and shared it around.

What the hell is wrong with you people.

(we actually have practically exactly the same things here under the name 'muffin bars', and they're gross too).

Seriously, I can't believe Tallahassee went through all that shit in Zombieland for one of these icky mock cream things. It tastes like dry paint :?

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:58 am

I've been wanting to try twinkies for a long time, but I've always been afraid of the same revelation.

Now that I think of it, it could be that I already tried some when I was in the US, but I can't really remember.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:58 am

Just imagine bleached white flour, some sugar, plenty of vegetable shortening, and that's it.

Oh, and a shopping list of chemical preservatives that are horrible for you.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:19 am

Mmmm.... bleached white flour...

Return to “General Discussion”