International White Van Project

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Stalkerlicious
divine
divine

Postby Stalkerlicious » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Astica and Hery: if you two PM me your addresses I should be able to get some stuff and send it out at the end of the week.

HeRetiK wrote:
I'm also interested in exotic and special editions of international brands like snickers, mars, twix, kitkat etc... if there are any.

But really, just surprise me as long as you get me some butterfinger :)

For the record, sweets we don't have over here (at least not that I'm aware of): bottle caps, ring pops, bottle pops, Reese's, Reese's Pieces, Andes Mint Thins, Candy Corn, Air Heads, Jolly Ranchers, Sour Patch Kids, Now and Laters, Warheads, Twizzlers, Nerds, Starburst. The rest is pretty international, I think.

Spending number of about 10 USD is okay, but if Astica or Stalker want to trade for some more I'm also willing to spend a little more.

By bottle pops do you mean the wax bottles full of koolaid? We have those everywhere in dollar bags of various flavors. With Halloween coming up I could find candy corn and candies with limited edition/holiday flavors or colors. Were you interested in pop tarts at all (since I'll be getting some to send Astica's way)? I'd love to try some Zotter chocolate in the champagne, caramel, vanilla, or fruity brandy flavors. Although I honestly don't know if U.S. Post would cause any trouble about an alcoholic candy.

Astica wrote:Also, I have no idea about the pop tarts :s what would people recommend?

The flavors I know I can get are cherry, smores, wild berry, wild grape, strawberry, hot fudge sundae, chocolate fudge, and brown sugar cinnamon. Just let me know which one sounds like a flavor you'd like best :) You said you had heard Twizzlers in a movie or something and wanted to try those aswell, right? I'd love to get some Tim Tams from you. Those I've heard of before but we don't have any over here.
Frosty wrote:COWER BEFORE MY AWESOME CYNICISM AND INCESSANT HYPERANALYSIS!

Bean Bag Nuts wrote:that's not hallucinations
that's spider powers

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:26 am

Baby Bottle Pops. The little bottle things with suckers and powder to dip the suckers into?

GIVE HER HOT FUDGE SUNDAE. AND PUT THOSE BITCHES IN THE FREEZER.
I've got one hand in my pocket

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:22 am

I'll go with dots suggestion. Why in the freezer? Also, what flavour tim tams would you like? There's a list on the site linked on the last page (long day :P )

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:28 am

Stalkerlicious wrote:By bottle pops do you mean the wax bottles full of koolaid?

No, I think these baby bottle pops like dot mentioned.

Stalkerlicious wrote:With Halloween coming up I could find candy corn and candies with limited edition/holiday flavors or colors. Were you interested in pop tarts at all (since I'll be getting some to send Astica's way)?

Since I already get candy corn from dot i'm well supplied with those, but halloween/limited edition/holiday flavors of whatever candies are around sound awesome. Pop tarts would be cool too, except for brown sugar cinnamon they all sound good to me.

Stalkerlicious
divine
divine

Postby Stalkerlicious » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:01 pm

@Hery: Oh, now I know what you meant! I can definitely get some of those.

@Astica: Original, chew caramel, or the dark chocolate ones. Any of those would be great.

dot. wrote:GIVE HER HOT FUDGE SUNDAE. AND PUT THOSE BITCHES IN THE FREEZER.

And then crumble them up and sprinkle them on a real hot fudge sundae?! SUNDAE-CEPTION.

that's spider powers

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:17 pm

Astica wrote:Also, what flavour tim tams would you like? There's a list on the site linked on the last page (long day :P )

Preferably not the classic Tim Tams, nor the ones with dark or white chocolate. Caramel would be awesome, other than that the more Tim Tams the better!

Any special wishes from Austria? Or flavours in general?

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:13 am

Pop tarts are good in a toaster, but certain flavors are better frozen.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:44 am

dot. wrote:Pop tarts are good in a toaster, but certain flavors are better frozen.

These things sound crazy. I have no idea what the consistency is like or how they work and now I'm really curious O.o

Hery - some of those Zotter things look amazing. I didn't look through them all, but generally anything cherry, pumpkin, plum, caramel, coffee or hazelnut flavoured tend to be my favourite types of things, although the testicles of Mozart look pretty cool, too. Surprise me?

In terms of the Tim Tams, caramel and surprise flavours that aren't plain choc type, then? Do you like honey or kiwifruit flavoured chocolate? We have a lot of that type of thing here, too.

New Zealand seems to particularly excel in making ice cream, it's a shame that would never work out :(

Dot and Stalker, what are you guys interested to try? I'm not sure whether to recommend pineapple lumps, what do you think, Hery?

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:43 pm

Astica wrote:In terms of the Tim Tams, caramel and surprise flavours that aren't plain choc type, then? Do you like honey or kiwifruit flavoured chocolate? We have a lot of that type of thing here, too.

Yes! Honey or kiwifruit flavoured chocolate sounds great as well! I can already taste it on my lips... :9

Astica wrote:Dot and Stalker, what are you guys interested to try? I'm not sure whether to recommend pineapple lumps, what do you think, Hery?

They're worth a try, why not? Unless either dot or stalker don't like pineapple of course.

Stalkerlicious
divine
divine

Postby Stalkerlicious » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:51 pm

I thought of a couple candies that may not be widespread: do you guys have Necco wafers and/or candy buttons? They're both super cheap here and personally I'm obsessed with the latter. I found some candies marketed specifically for Halloween and some strange, creepy novelty candy. Also some pop tarts that were Limited Edition that I hadn't seen before.

Astica wrote:In terms of the Tim Tams, caramel and surprise flavours that aren't plain choc type, then? Do you like honey or kiwifruit flavoured chocolate? We have a lot of that type of thing here, too.

Dot and Stalker, what are you guys interested to try? I'm not sure whether to recommend pineapple lumps, what do you think, Hery?

Some chocolates have honey in certain flavors. But I've never noticed it as a common flavor. That and kiwi I'd love to try. I'm not a pineapple person though.

that's spider powers

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Stalkerlicious wrote:I thought of a couple candies that may not be widespread: do you guys have Necco wafers and/or candy buttons? They're both super cheap here and personally I'm obsessed with the latter. I found some candies marketed specifically for Halloween and some strange, creepy novelty candy. Also some pop tarts that were Limited Edition that I hadn't seen before.

Some chocolates have honey in certain flavors. But I've never noticed it as a common flavor. That and kiwi I'd love to try. I'm not a pineapple person though.

I feel like I've heard of Necco wafers in a film or something, but we definitely don't have them here from what I've seen. Never heard of candy buttons, either. Also, Halloween/creepy novelty for the win :D

I get paid on tuesday, I'll get stuff around then. Dot, any comment on honey/kiwi/pineapple flavours, or preferred kinds of Tim Tams?
I do hope the biscuits survive the trip to you guys.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Stalkerlicious wrote:I thought of a couple candies that may not be widespread: do you guys have Necco wafers and/or candy buttons? They're both super cheap here and personally I'm obsessed with the latter. I found some candies marketed specifically for Halloween and some strange, creepy novelty candy. Also some pop tarts that were Limited Edition that I hadn't seen before.

I've heard of neither necco wafers nor candy buttons but I'm open for both! Ooohh limited edition pop-tarts and novelty candy! :D

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:11 am

I've never even heard of Tim Tams - So just whatever you think is amazing.

Hery, mailing your stuff tomorrow!

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:59 am

Nice! Alright, I got all the sweets together and will ship them by the end of the week. Amy, Stalker, I just sent you my shipping address!

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:39 am

Gah, looks like I'll be posting early next week. I'll sent you guys my addy, send me yours etc.

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Never got to mail your stuff - But I'll get it in early tomorrow. I had car troubles.

And if anyone else wants stuff, just pm me your address!

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:39 am

Hery - I sent you candy corn, vampire blood, butterfingers, andes mint thins, and a baby bottle pop, as well as some of our 2 for 1 cheap delicious candies. Enjoy!

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:56 pm

Amy, dot, Stalker - All the deliciousness is already packed up, however my post office didn't have the proper customs forms at hand. They should get them in a few days, then I can hopefully finally ship the chocolateness!

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:30 pm

Grabbing stuff today. Dot, send me your addy?
Anyone have any last minute requests? Especially for Tim Tam flavours?
Walking into the store and buying $40 worth of candy should be an interesting experience.

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:09 pm

I want Tim Tams !!!! Any flavor.

or canned kangaroo :)
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS

Stalkerlicious
divine
divine

Postby Stalkerlicious » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:35 pm

Customs forms? I hope they don't confiscate the kinder or anything. The post office here has been weird in the past.
I've got everything together and the addresses so I should get out and send stuff this week. As long as there's no papers I have to wait to get and fill out first.

that's spider powers

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:56 pm

I don't think that Kinder Eggs are strictly illegal.

Either way, I finally got the candies shipped! :D That was quite a fortune in shipping, I hope you guys get away with less.

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:13 pm

The only thing that they keep taking from packages sent to me is " sand ".
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS

Stalkerlicious
divine
divine

Postby Stalkerlicious » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Sent both packages out today. Sure hope yours gets there, Hery. The woman at the post office couldn't figure out the difference between Austria and Australia. It took a few corrections.

that's spider powers

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:35 am

Ha! America...

Srsly though, looking forward to my package :)

Return to “General Discussion”