Crossing the line ....

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Crossing the line ....

Postby evilredqueen » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:38 pm

As some of you guys I would .. hopefully.. remember, I used to do some stand up amateur comedy. yes I like being the fucking center of attention :P I used to try and do a ten to fifteen minute performance. I want to do it again .. hey you never know. I need to try something and I used to love that.
Obviously the hardest part is writing original material. This is a different world and I am not sure if a lot of my humor would be "crossing the line" .. You get a concept and you build on it. You can do sensitive topics but there is a limit.

I have come up with what I am pretty sure is an original word that I can build on.

Nignoculars ... a device for seeing "dark skinned" .. alternate words .. people at night.

Is that too wrong in our society?

Rob was here earlier and found the X-mas cookies. He said " Can I have one?" I said "sure why not ? Besides, I ate all the good ones already. There were brownies but I ate them all. I really prefer girl scouts but I ate the brownies anyhow."

This wasn't pre-planned or anything .. it just came out of my mouth.

Did that cross a line in todays world? Am I that fucked up?

Would that be too much to build upon?

All opinions welcome ..
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
Guitar_clock
divine
divine
Posts: 11480
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:59 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Postby Guitar_clock » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:49 am

I think you're asking the wrong crowd. I think I speak for all of us when I say the active members of Mindistortion.tv are quite unique individuals, often offering little recourse to social norms.

That said, I think in my opinion the first joke, Nignoculars is kinda funny. The second joke I didn't really get. I think it had something to do with eating out "brownies," the girl-scout rank, but on the whole it was hard to deliver through typed word. I think the content is okay though. A lot goes in comedy.

::thumbs up keep truckin'::

User avatar
krishh.
divine
divine
Posts: 1270
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:42 am
Location: new yawkk.
Contact:

Postby krishh. » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:15 pm

i don't think that's crossing the line, at all
i dunno how it is in your community, but here, people throw around race jokes and it's totally acceptable.
i live in a predominantly jewish community, and holocaust jokes are still laughed at. (just don't joke with the orthodox.)
Voly wrote:You just got told by a sassy 13 year old.

dickwad wrote:i'll let krishh off because i wanna fill her hoo-ha with my goof juice.

User avatar
Yangire
latency
latency
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:11 pm

Postby Yangire » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:53 pm

I thought nignoculars was funny. /Kanye shrug
You may have to say a disclaimer, though, knowing how some people are, haha. I don't really get the whole, "You have to be of X ethnicity to make jokes about X people (except white people they're always fair game)" mentality in comedy.

You do you, and you'll be a'ight.
Image

ƒrosty
divine
divine
Posts: 5909
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:08 pm

Postby ƒrosty » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:36 pm

Pft

You're fine
[/somebullshit]

User avatar
Morph
distorted
distorted
Posts: 934
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:13 pm

Postby Morph » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Don't forget to have someone film your gig and upload it to youtube. And good luck!
Feel my hands around your throat.

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:16 pm

Wow Ana .... that never even crossed my mind. Gee what if someone offered me money .. :)
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
Astica
divine
divine
Posts: 7366
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:57 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Astica » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:30 pm

Morph wrote:Don't forget to have someone film your gig and upload it to youtube. And good luck!

This.

@Topic: this article can probably be translated to cover jokes about race or just about anything else. Basically, as long as you're not making any kind of victim feel utterly like shit or in some way threatened, you can talk about sensitive topics like discrimination, assault, victimisation etc without getting in too much trouble.
http://jezebel.com/5925186/how-to-make-a-rape-joke

To me, it doesn't seem like examples you gave were offensive, or even too terribly politically incorrect. If that's as far as you want to go, you're fine.

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:12 am

Amy thanks for that article ... food for thought.

I would probably not touch the issue personally but it sure has a lot of branches.

Curious thing about rape .. not speaking for all women but many, many women entertain sexual fantasies concerning rape .. such a violent act.
Even myself and I came oh so very close to being raped and had the fuck beat out of me .. but still....

I guess it all depends on who is doing the delivery as to what one may get away with.

what is the difference between a truck load of babies and a truck load of bowling balls?


.... You can't load bowling balls with a pitch fork ....


Once when I posted a WV joke here ... someone was so offended they wrote me .... guess you can't win.

I am not an equal opportunity offender ... I hate everyone equally

I do need to think about this though ...
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass
Posts: 8862
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

Postby Spaced Ape » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:15 pm

I don't think this would be best medium to test your stand-up.

And do you only do one-liners?
Is there a promised land
Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?
Are the streets paved with gold
Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?
DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:38 pm

^ Why because so few here ever get the joke? This year again I am selling " sense of humors ".

No .. I can do more than one line ... :P
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass
Posts: 8862
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

Re: Crossing the line ....

Postby Spaced Ape » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:51 am

evilredqueen wrote: All opinions welcome ..


But not considered, it seems.
Is there a promised land

Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?

Are the streets paved with gold

Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?

DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Re: Crossing the line ....

Postby evilredqueen » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:44 am

Spaced Ape wrote:
evilredqueen wrote: All opinions welcome ..


But not considered, it seems.


Why do you say that ?? You simply asked me a question and I answered it ... I considered you. :)
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass
Posts: 8862
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

Postby Spaced Ape » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:05 am

Ok.
Is there a promised land

Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?

Are the streets paved with gold

Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?

DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:50 am

Crossing the line .. this crosses the the line for sure .. hahahahaha

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQTyxNTQTtk[/youtube]
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine
Posts: 9942
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:17 pm
Location: on the corner of nothin' and nowhere

Postby dickwad » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:19 pm

there are no lines in comedy. just make sure you're actually funny though, or you might have some angry people.

i thought you were black (or at least dark skinned), ERQ? nothing wrong with self-deprecating humour.

User avatar
Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass
Posts: 8862
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

Postby Spaced Ape » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:22 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoLPLsQbdt0[/youtube]

^Don't do that.
Is there a promised land

Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?

Are the streets paved with gold

Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?

DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Image

Close :)
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass
Posts: 8862
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

Postby Spaced Ape » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:45 pm

Image

Does not compute.
Is there a promised land

Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?

Are the streets paved with gold

Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?

DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:16 pm

You guys seriously think I look black ???? Seriously?
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass
Posts: 8862
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

Postby Spaced Ape » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:59 pm

I wouldn't say black, but I would say dark-skinned.
Is there a promised land

Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?

Are the streets paved with gold

Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?

DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

User avatar
Stalkerlicious
divine
divine
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:44 am
Location: Upstate New York
Contact:

Postby Stalkerlicious » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:55 pm

I've always thought you looked bi or multiracial. But then I know nothing of what your actual ethnicity is.
Frosty wrote:COWER BEFORE MY AWESOME CYNICISM AND INCESSANT HYPERANALYSIS!

Bean Bag Nuts wrote:that's not hallucinations
that's spider powers

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:12 am

Stalkerlicious wrote:I've always thought you looked bi


Yes I am quite Bi- :)

and a mutt but my nipples are not brown. :P
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS


User avatar
Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass
Posts: 8862
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

Postby Spaced Ape » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:19 am

Brown skin w/o the brown nipples is gross to me. Just doesn't look right. Like Albino tits...
Is there a promised land

Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?

Are the streets paved with gold

Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?

DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

User avatar
evilredqueen
divine
divine
Posts: 7412
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Location: earth

Postby evilredqueen » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:30 am

OMG !!!! I am tanned !!!! I get lighter ... lol

I wanted to say asshole but I didn't :P

And I no longer tan ... but no, I never get white as the sheets Voly's town uses. :)
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS



Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests