A Strange Deportation Fight

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

A Strange Deportation Fight

Postby Davion Fuxa » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:17 pm

Ontario-born man on tour to fight deportation

Really I don't know how to sum this up into something that can't be portrayed as for or against this deportation.

Summary of the story is that a man who was born from workers working for the Indian Diplomat at the time is in a fight to not be deported back to India. He's never been outside of Canada yet he doesn't have Citizenship here due to an exception in regards to Diplomats.

Thoughts?
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:39 am

That's the one thing I never quite get. You were born in Canada, you grew up in Canada but you don't count as Canadian? Just because your parents were born in some other part of the world outside of the wiggly lines of your own country? (the same for any other country, of course)

I have no idea about laws in Canada, but I assume him not having a Canadian Citizenship is a neglectance that could have easiliy been avoided. Even if he didn't need to it still seems like he could have thought of this sooner. So that part is probably his own fault. Apart from that crime thing, of course, however crime and deportation is a whole matter of its own...

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:01 pm

Most likely he could have applied for it earlier in his life. However, some fault may lie on the Government who has issued him a Canadian passport twice - in error, but still.

Also, I'll note that currently if you are born in Canada, you automatically get Canadian Citizenship - this guy just managed to fall into the rule of exception regarding Diplomats. Children born of a Diplomat or those working for him in Canada are not treated as having been born in Canada (because technically the Embassy isn't Canadian Soil).

I think the whole issue in itself though spurs questions. Personally I don't think being born in Canada should automatically obtain Citizenship; though I'm all for people growing up here being granted Citizenship (which would include this guy).
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:08 pm

Then they should just deport him to the embassy. Problem solved.

Srsly though, that's a weird situation that could probably be easily resolved if it wouldn't be for bureaucracy.

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:23 am

Actually I don't think the bureaucracy is really the issue. This is really a problem of some people behind the mess who only see a criminal and a potential way to get rid of said criminal.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:22 am

Maybe. But it sure helps opaquing the issue.

evilredqueen
divine
divine

Postby evilredqueen » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:58 pm

Then they should just deport him to the embassy. Problem solved.

For me that says it all .... Those with immunity here are above our laws and get away with all kinds of bull. We can't have our cake and eat it too ... why should they?
Zyn wrote:Because God knows ERQ has always been a font of sensible and well-supported opinions.

Voly wrote:ASSASSINATE ALL THEM GOT-DAMN NIGGER SYMPATHIZERS

Return to “General Discussion”