Help with php in my flash based guestbook

Talk / ask questions about Macromedia Flash and related software.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Scimmie
latency
latency

Help with php in my flash based guestbook

Postby Scimmie » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:18 pm

Hey I like to think I know what I am doing with flash (Not the case in most sences) but flash isn't my problem here. I downloaded a flash based guestbook off of flashkit and I can't seem to get it to work. I know its a problem with php. Download the guestbook dealy here: http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Interfaces/Forms/Flash_MX-Mentaler-8439/index.php

I allways get a "Input required for all fields." message even when all the fields are filled out. It is not a problem with permissions on the entry.txt file because I did change those to 766. I am very confussed and any help would be good thanks

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:00 am

It sounds rather like a problem with the Flashfile.
What stuff have you changed on the original tutorial files?

Scimmie
latency
latency

Postby Scimmie » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:18 am

At first I just changed the look around and nothing else, that didn't work so I just uploaded it as it was, I never touched the Actionscript is there something I should be doing to it, cause I thought the only thing I had to change was the php and even then I don't know if I did that right.

Goofy-Goober
divine
divine

Postby Goofy-Goober » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:09 am

make sure it is able to access the .PHP file and that you have the proper equipment/connection for this becuase it has to be able to access the .PHP file and it doesn't run on flashkit
Under the spreading chesnut tree
I sold you and you sold me:
There lie they, and here lie we
Under the spreading chestnut tree.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:10 am

Scimmie wrote:At first I just changed the look around and nothing else, that didn't work so I just uploaded it as it was, I never touched the Actionscript

Did you chance any of the input or dynamic text fields? Maybe you accidently removed the variable reference of one of them.
A missing variable reference in one of the input fields would easily cause such an error.

Scimmie
latency
latency

Postby Scimmie » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:42 am

Yeah I checked and I made sure I changed nothing, and it still doesn't work, I can't figure it out. Still says input required for all fields.

Goofy-Goober
divine
divine

Postby Goofy-Goober » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:19 am

Scimmie wrote:Yeah I checked and I made sure I changed nothing, and it still doesn't work, I can't figure it out. Still says input required for all fields.

did you just download from the site and put it on?
I believe you need to give it a link that redirects it to the actual .PHP file because you can't have just the download off Flashkit
Under the spreading chesnut tree
I sold you and you sold me:
There lie they, and here lie we
Under the spreading chestnut tree.

Scimmie
latency
latency

Postby Scimmie » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:07 pm

It is all hosted on my hosting server, it is linked to the acctual php file and all the permissions that I had to change I changed. My server does support php.

Return to “Flash”