Doctor's Notes

Post your artwork, photographs, poems, links to your flashwork, etc. here.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Zyn
divine
divine

Doctor's Notes

Postby Zyn » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:02 pm

Just saving this here because I don't have a jump drive.
I'll copy the full essay when I'm done, but, for the moment, just hold this.

XXXX XXXX
The Importance of Perseverance

Doctor’s Notes

Doctor’s Log,
Dr. Annette, Ph. D. in Psychology.
Patient Number: A2372
Date: Jan 4th

Patient admitted today, 8:03 in the morning by the husband and Dr. Marcus, head of local hospital. She is comatose, but stable. No brain damage reported. The patient is reported to have been found unconscious in her room yesterday. Husband appeared understandably distraught. I’ll focus on supporting him as well as the wife, as his mental condition is precarious.
Intravenous solutions set up. Husband’s insurance and personal account has been set up to afford wife’s position. Her lodgings will be indefinite. I’ll check in twice a day.

Date: Jan 7th

The husband has come by every day so far. He sits by the bed and talks to his wife. I’ve explained that comatose patients sometimes react to words. I sat in today on the visit. He ignored my position, but I’ll continue to visit every few days. If I can get him to open up to me, then perhaps I can ascertain his mental stability.
Doctor’s reports have arrived today. I’ll start reviewing them.

Date: Jan 11th

I’ve determined that the coma is caused by a cranial wound. December 26th, the wife fell and took a blow to the back of the skull, damaging the medulla oblongata. Balance was immediately affected, but no other symptoms were noted except a temporary headache.
I’ve hypothesized, however, that there was concussive damage and a slow internal pressure build. January 2nd, the wife fell unconscious due to too high of pressure. The doctor performed emergency experimental surgery, removing a small portion of the brain and reducing the pressure and internal bleeding.
On a more personal note, the husband has still came every day. I find his perseverance endearing. Sadly, his wife has a great chance of never waking up and, if she does, she may have heavy brain damage.

Date: Jan 30th
S. [Burned] Y. wrote:Zyn, please stop telling the special ed kids of your school about this place.

Voly wrote:You just earned back all the many, many points I've taken away from you (mentally) since you've been here.

Voly
divine
divine

Re: Doctor's Notes

Postby Voly » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Zynathias wrote:the husband has still came every day.

I think the doctor has brain damage.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:46 pm

Hastily scrawled to get a grade in a class I hate. It, like the dozen other essays I've done for Creative Writing, is total shit and should have never been seen by anyone. But I didn't have my jump drive and needed to save it somewhere, so...yea.
S. [Burned] Y. wrote:Zyn, please stop telling the special ed kids of your school about this place.

Voly wrote:You just earned back all the many, many points I've taken away from you (mentally) since you've been here.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Zynathias wrote:Hastily scrawled to get a grade in a class I hate. It, like the dozen other essays I've done for Creative Writing, is total shit and should have never been seen by anyone. But I didn't have my jump drive and needed to save it somewhere, so...yea.

Any attempt at creativity that lacks passion is destined for complete and utter failure.

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:36 pm

I know. But it'll get me a passing grade, so I don't care. I'll save my passion for the books I WANT to write.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:53 pm

You'll save your passion.

:|

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:48 am

Guitar_clock wrote:Any attempt at creativity that lacks passion is destined for complete and utter failure.

<3!! This. Although, to be fair to Zyn, if you're trying to get good grades, especially in high school assignments, sometimes its more effective to just play to the requirements and what you know your teacher will mark well rather than what you enjoy writing. Sometimes.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:56 pm

Beats not handing in anything at all. I had to learn that lesson not too long ago.

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:24 am

Astica wrote:
Guitar_clock wrote:Any attempt at creativity that lacks passion is destined for complete and utter failure.

<3!! This. Although, to be fair to Zyn, if you're trying to get good grades, especially in high school assignments, sometimes its more effective to just play to the requirements and what you know your teacher will mark well rather than what you enjoy writing. Sometimes.

This. Her topics I loathe, but I can make up some stupid-ass story I know she'll like and write it in like an hour, so that's what spawned this thing.

Return to “Art & Creativity”