Neptune's Birthday

Post your artwork, photographs, poems, links to your flashwork, etc. here.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Neptune's Birthday

Postby Elen Sila » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:36 am

Neptune's first birthday is coming up. This year, on 11 july by my own calculations, or 12 july according to Wikipedia, it will be the one year anniversary of Neptune's discovery by humans, on 23 september 1846, in neptunian years.

Therefore, on the night of 11 july, shortly before midnight, I will post in this thread a song dedicated to the planet Neptune.
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:06 am

Where's our Neptune song?

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:50 am

Jesus Christ.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:17 am

I missed Neptune's birthday. I even set my phone to alert me a few days in advance. It rang, I didn't know why. I realized later. I'm sort of crying at the moment. It's like I can't do anything I say I'm going to do.

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:11 am

Welcome to being a human, asshole.

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:46 pm

I don't think Neptune will mind a belated card.
S. [Burned] Y. wrote:Zyn, please stop telling the special ed kids of your school about this place.

Voly wrote:You just earned back all the many, many points I've taken away from you (mentally) since you've been here.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Exactly. Given the crawlingly slow nature of Neptunian years, it will probably still be his birthday for quite some time, anyway.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:54 am

It's not that. It's just a bunch of shit all happening to me at once, and all seeming like it's my fault. And then, on top of everything else, I suddenly forget I was going to write a song for Neptune on a certain day, and didn't remember at all. It's like the camel's proverbial last straw. I just feel really disproportionately depressed about it.

____

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:14 am

^Aw. What else is all happening? I'll be around msn later if you want to talk <3

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:34 am

School starts in late August and I still have neither funding nor admission. I've already wasted two years of my fucking life, and I'm extremely scared I'm going to end up having to waste another fucking year, just because I didn't start applying for this stuff early enough.

____

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Can't you join during the Spring Semester, JIC? I have a friend who's doing that because he's got to wait and go through military training for the college money.
S. [Burned] Y. wrote:Zyn, please stop telling the special ed kids of your school about this place.

Voly wrote:You just earned back all the many, many points I've taken away from you (mentally) since you've been here.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Just do what you want. You're gonna die someday.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:41 am

Elen wrote:School starts in late August and I still have neither funding nor admission. I've already wasted two years of my fucking life, and I'm extremely scared I'm going to end up having to waste another fucking year, just because I didn't start applying for this stuff early enough.

When did you apply? Didn't you wait too long for applications last year? Or was it the year before? They usually give deadlines of when you have to have everything handed in to get it back on time on the websites and things.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:51 am

Jay wrote:Can't you join during the Spring Semester, JIC?

Yeah, hopefully. It'd still be 2.5 years wasted instead of 2.

Ast wrote:
Elen wrote:School starts in late August and I still have neither funding nor admission. I've already wasted two years of my fucking life, and I'm extremely scared I'm going to end up having to waste another fucking year, just because I didn't start applying for this stuff early enough.

When did you apply? Didn't you wait too long for applications last year? Or was it the year before? They usually give deadlines of when you have to have everything handed in to get it back on time on the websites and things.

I don't even know what's going on.

I handed in an appeal for reinstatement of financial aid back in early june, when Osama Bin Laden's body was still warm. I kept checking in, like once a week, and they kept saying it hadn't been considered yet.

I went to my advisor, and got a sheet to reapply for admission, which I'll probably fill out tomorrow or the next day. But I still need my financial aid, or else I'll have to withdraw less than a week after classes start, so I don't owe anything.

And even if they do give me my financial aid, it's so late now that all the classes are probably filled up, so I'll have to take a bunch of useless general ed classes anyway. Even if I don't lose the year, I'll still basicly lose a semester because of all these motherfucking delays.

I'm just angry and anxious and depressed and everything, all at once.

____

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:42 am

Elen wrote:
Jay wrote:Can't you join during the Spring Semester, JIC?

Yeah, hopefully. It'd still be 2.5 years wasted instead of 2.

Ast wrote:

I don't even know what's going on.

I handed in an appeal for reinstatement of financial aid back in early june, when Osama Bin Laden's body was still warm. I kept checking in, like once a week, and they kept saying it hadn't been considered yet.

I went to my advisor, and got a sheet to reapply for admission, which I'll probably fill out tomorrow or the next day. But I still need my financial aid, or else I'll have to withdraw less than a week after classes start, so I don't owe anything.

And even if they do give me my financial aid, it's so late now that all the classes are probably filled up, so I'll have to take a bunch of useless general ed classes anyway. Even if I don't lose the year, I'll still basicly lose a semester because of all these motherfucking delays.

I'm just angry and anxious and depressed and everything, all at once.

Financial aid always takes longer than actual course enrolment. I had to apply for mine in November, and I started my course on Feb.28th.

Also, what does Osama Bin Laden have to do with it? It seems strange that you would bother mentioning his death in this context.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:33 am

*huggles for anarch*

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:39 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRt2jX1kaYo&feature=player_embedded#at=234[/youtube]

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:29 am

Please accept these lyrics as a tentative idea of what the song will eventually be like. (For those of you who are not aware, there is a weather feature on Neptune that was photographed by Voyager 2, which the astronomers called "the wizard's eye". The "eye of glass" refers to the Voyager spacecraft; the "dragon storm" refers to a weather feature on Saturn.)

The song is in a minor key, and I have a tune for the vocals, but no tune for the instrumentals yet. The last line is either a spoken word fade-out finish, or else the first line of a stanza I'll write later.

Your wizard’s eye
Your wizard’s eye
Your wizard’s eye sees my eye of glass go by

Your wizard’s eye
Your wizard’s eye
Your wizard’s eye sees my soul sailing by

Your wizard’s eye
Your wizard’s eye
Your wizard’s eye peers out from a dark brow

Your wizard’s eye
Your wizard’s eye
Your wizard’s eye sees me and cares not how

I came here, I came here
Know no fear, know no fear
I’ll be only a short time, then I’ll be out of here

I came here, I came here
For your year, for your year
It’s been less than one for you, but I’ll be out of here

No dragon storm endures your wizard’s eye...

Ast wrote:Also, what does Osama Bin Laden have to do with it? It seems strange that you would bother mentioning his death in this context.

I applied for reinstatement for financial aid the day after he died. That's why I remember exactly when I applied. There's not necessarily any causal connection. It's just mnemonic.

____

Return to “Art & Creativity”