Bands & Artists You Can't Stand

Talk about music, bands, concerts, instruments, etc.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

User avatar
Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass
Posts: 8884
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

Postby Spaced Ape » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:10 am

Aether King Nikhar wrote:Any rap that supports "puttin' caps in people's asses" "bangin' hos" or anything like that makes me angry, and then I twitch. I hate it when I twitch.


It's not so bad when done in a humorous fashion.
Is there a promised land
Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?
Are the streets paved with gold
Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?
DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

User avatar
Astica
divine
divine
Posts: 7366
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:57 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Astica » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:36 am

I cant be arsed reading back to see if Ive said this already, but the one major artist whose music I hate and whose personality I cant stand is ignorant Wapanic Gwen Stefani.
And Avril Lavigne, whose just a retard.
So two.

JamesOrvell
damaged
damaged
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:48 am

Postby JamesOrvell » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:46 pm

[REDACTED]
Last edited by JamesOrvell on Thu May 05, 2011 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7965
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: yurop
Contact:

Postby HeRetiK » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:40 am

Image

User avatar
VoDoo
undetermined
undetermined
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:06 am
Location: hell sweet hell

Postby VoDoo » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:16 pm

i personally hate all rap artists like 50 dollars snoop mut or others kill me for having an opinion
Two things in the world are infinite:human stupidity and the universe,but about the universe im not so sure!

User avatar
ardizt
Captain Evil Stomper
Posts: 4906
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: Finland

Postby ardizt » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:21 pm

VoDoo wrote:i personally hate all rap artists like 50 dollars


You are a funny person :D


Why are chicks into these boy bands where one of them is always dressed up like a girl? Is that all it takes to become world famous?
Image

User avatar
StuGa
deformed
deformed
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:25 pm
Location: Stuttgart
Contact:

Postby StuGa » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:04 pm

I prefer 1 $ than 50 cent. All kinds of house music... I mean how could people cover old good songs into something crapy without getting a guilty conscience.
Art is an extension of the soul. If you can not draw you are soulless.


Image

User avatar
daemon
divine
divine
Posts: 2399
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:13 pm

Postby daemon » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:29 am

When you say you hate all techno, do you include dj tiesto when you are getting high?! HES AWSOME!

Now, the ones I hate:

Yoko kannono or some shit. All Emo, Scremo, Most HipHop and rap. Shitty metal wannabes. Linkin Parks new album. IT SUCKS NUTS!
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam.

User avatar
613-018
undetermined
undetermined
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:32 am
Location: the Abyss

Postby 613-018 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:11 am

The only band I can think of that I dislike now is Motorhead and Dragonforce. I tried, I really did, but Motorhead makes me cringe because it is SO predictable and SO... not different... I get BORED. It's metal, and it makes me BORED. Ugh. And Dragonforce... they're good for the first 6 listens and then you realize ALL they do is fancy speed-picking and that's great for them, I admire the skill, but THE SONGS NEED MORE CONTRAST. I want to NOTICE the tempo, tone, etc....
My favourite song in their whole album was Trail of Broken Hearts, BECAUSE IT WAS DIFFERENT.

But I like a little bit of everything, I just prefer that it isn't on the radio.
And if you wait on me, I'll be free some day.

User avatar
Elen Sila
divine
divine
Posts: 5054
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:10 pm

Postby Elen Sila » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:23 am

Kenny Chezney
Tim McGraw
Montgomery Gentry
Mariah Carrey

AND ALL OTHER COUNTRY MUSICIANS EVER TO LIVE

(Except for Johnny Cash, of course. In fact, he's so aussom that he almost redeems the entire genre.)
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.


____

User avatar
613-018
undetermined
undetermined
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:32 am
Location: the Abyss

Postby 613-018 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:27 am

The only reason I don't mind Tim McGraw is because I didn't realize I was listening to country when I heard his songs. I'll still do anything I can to avoid country in general though. It has a tendency to not have basslines and annoying twangs from people with perfectly regular speaking voices.

Who else.... Oh!

Ray Charles. We sang a medley of Ray Charles in choir a year or two back and I was SO SICK of it by the time we were halfway through... it wouldn't leave my HEAD...

It was almost, almost redeemed by the awesome weirdness of me managing to listen to Opeth and Ray Charles simultaniously.
"Georgia.... Georgia..."
*thundering guitar of doom"
"The whole night through..."

XD
And if you wait on me, I'll be free some day.

User avatar
ardizt
Captain Evil Stomper
Posts: 4906
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: Finland

Postby ardizt » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:50 am

I find country music relaxing, especially the type of country where they sing fast is awesome
Image

User avatar
daemon
divine
divine
Posts: 2399
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:13 pm

Postby daemon » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:34 pm

@Ardizt - Charlie Daniels!! Fuck. Need Spell. FUCK!
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam.

Satanacia
divine
divine
Posts: 1529
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:37 pm

Postby Satanacia » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:08 pm

rap artists, pop artists and rnb ... damn i just cant stand them... i dunno why... :? i just fuckin hate them...

please die :evil:
n/a

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine
Posts: 9942
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:17 pm
Location: on the corner of nothin' and nowhere

Postby dickwad » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:20 am

Anarch wrote:Except for Johnny Cash, of course. In fact, he's so aussom that he almost redeems the entire genre.


"almost"? he easily redeems the genre.

User avatar
Astica
divine
divine
Posts: 7366
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:57 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Astica » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:35 am

613-018 wrote:And Dragonforce... they're good for the first 6 listens and then you realize ALL they do is fancy speed-picking and that's great for them, I admire the skill, but THE SONGS NEED MORE CONTRAST.

Me and someone were recently discussing this.
Its like Dragonforce are more of a showy band for people that play music to say they listen to to sound cool.
They dont really have anything thats been made to be a good song so much as songs that are made to show they have good musicians. And I mean, thats nice, but use your great musicians to make something great.

User avatar
daemon
divine
divine
Posts: 2399
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:13 pm

Postby daemon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:41 am

Dragonfroce has one good song. It is one of my over all favorite songs. My Spirit Will Go On.

And all their shit sounds the same because they are powermetal. They have badass guitarists though.
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam.

User avatar
ADDxAddicted
undetermined
undetermined
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 11:17 am
Location: A State Of Mind
Contact:

Postby ADDxAddicted » Tue May 20, 2008 12:49 pm

Abstrakt wrote:My Chemical Romance, Greenday, Good Charlotte, anything Linkin Park has made in the past 3 years, any screamo, any emo, all the artists who made and produced "Holiday Inn", G-Unit, lloyd banks, yingyang twins, most other gangster rappers, eminem (not because of the whole ICP and eminem thing), Britney Spears, Evanessance, Hilary Duff, Lindsey Lohan, contry music.


xD basically said everthing I wanted to say but I like emo and some screamo and then one of two songs from MCR and GC but I don't really like rap and hip-hop all that much anymorez =/

Did I reopen the thread? Oopies :P
~+[] Kaleidoscope Dreams and Toxic Kisses[]+*~

Die System Liebe bumsen das Spiel; Bumse die System Liebe das Spiel, SCHREI bis deine Lungen geben heraus!!

User avatar
bird7795
divine
divine
Posts: 1443
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:35 pm

Postby bird7795 » Tue May 20, 2008 9:43 pm

fuck you. green is mine.

nah fuck it. yours different green. bleh.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine
Posts: 9942
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:17 pm
Location: on the corner of nothin' and nowhere

Postby dickwad » Tue May 20, 2008 11:07 pm

it's like deja vu.

*goes mad with power*

User avatar
daemon
divine
divine
Posts: 2399
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:13 pm

Postby daemon » Tue May 20, 2008 11:14 pm

Who the fuck even are you ADD?!
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam.

User avatar
bird7795
divine
divine
Posts: 1443
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:35 pm

Postby bird7795 » Tue May 20, 2008 11:18 pm

green jum

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:57 pm

I hate country except Johnny Cash.

I hate R&B, no exceptions.

Rap is good, Hip Hop is not.

Some electronica, such as RAVE *cringes* kind of bothers me...
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

User avatar
ardizt
Captain Evil Stomper
Posts: 4906
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: Finland

Postby ardizt » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:12 pm

VoluntaryOutcasts wrote:Rap is good, Hip Hop is not.


How do you explain this? Rap comes from hip-hop culture
Image

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:15 pm

I appreciate the skill involved with writing and performing raps.


I understand it comes from hip-hop culture, but it's not.

Hip Hop is the second most redundant form of music I can think of, of course just behind rave, where you can have very long songs that are just a loop of about the same 20 seconds of noise.

But I don't criticize people who like these kinds of things, they're just TOTALLY not me.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.


Return to “Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests