The future Legends of music

Talk about music, bands, concerts, instruments, etc.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

The future Legends of music

Postby HeRetiK » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:02 pm

So, me and some of my friends were recently discussing which bands of today would still be known and legends in 20-30 years from now. You know, like the Beatles, KISS, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, U2, etc.
And we came to the conclusion that nowadays bands don't have as much long-lasting potential like they had back in the days, due to various factors. (e.g. Labels pushing out one new Artist after another, Bands not keep up the level, Many of the legends still being around, etc)

But nonetheless, we came to a few potential candidates, all of which are rather unlikely, but who knows:

Rage Against The Machine, now that they're reunited again. However, not sure if they really count as nowadays bands because they've been around for a long time already.

Queens of the Stoneage, we're not sure why, but we could imagine it.

The Foo Fighters, in case they get to make the great hit. With their current status it's still rather unlikely, but Dave Grohl knows his song writing and will have enough stamina to continue making good music.

Rammstein, since they didn't show much of weaknesses during the last few years and are one of the few german bands that made the jump into English pop-culture.

Linkin Park, (I know, I know) since they had good timing - they managed to get big when Nu Metal was coming up, but jumped off the bandwagon early enough.

KoRn, if they manage to make good music again and win the hearts of the older generation of KoRn fans back. Which is, very unlikely.

Tool, because they make their own thing and have a very strong fanbase. However, they most likely stay subculture legends.

Babyshambles, if Pete Doherty manages to pull a Kurt Cobain. Which he will hopefully soon. Else, he'll probably pull a Courtney Love.

So many words, for such a short attention span.

Either way, got any suggestions for bands that have a chance to still be known in 20-30 years from now on? If so, why?

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:32 pm

i don't think it's possible to have bands become truly "legendary" anymore, mainly because mainstream music has lost it's soul, but also because everything has pretty much been done before so bands don't really stand out anymore. the last really big band was nirvana, but nobody except the die hard fans will ever consider them in the same light as the beatles, rolling stones, led zeppelin, pink floyd, etc etc. i just don't think it's possible in today's music industry.

Young Boy
divine
divine

Postby Young Boy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:49 pm

in my opinion koRn licks cock, but i could see their fuckin die-hard fans being around for the rest of my life.

god i fucking hate koRn.
I been posting here boy

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:00 pm

korn still have fans?

Young Boy
divine
divine

Postby Young Boy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:40 pm

where i live, yes.
I been posting here boy

Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass

Postby Spaced Ape » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:52 pm

If KoRn stops making CD's then they're a good candidate. None the rest on Hery's list I would name.

No, because the days of mass information sharing are here to stay then the span of available bands and musics for people to listen and connect to is vast. Bands will be recognized for talented members or being able to sell a couple millions records, but the idea of legendary bands are over.
Is there a promised land
Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?
Are the streets paved with gold
Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?
DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:19 am

lskadfhslkadfh; wrote:korn still have fans?

A new generation of fans that like their new crappy songs. The earlier generation of KoRn fans has already given up hope, but they would be still here.

Return to “Music”