R.I.P Dimebag Darrell

Talk about music, bands, concerts, instruments, etc.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Thechainlord
damaged
damaged
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:05 pm

R.I.P Dimebag Darrell

Postby Thechainlord » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:57 pm

Darrell Lance Abbott was born August 8 December 1966, he was an amazing guitar player in two famous metal bands; Pantera and Damageplan. He loved to play his guitar and had millions of fans worldwide, he was a very, very talented man.

It was the 11th of December when me and my family came back from Cuba. When we were back inside our home i went up to my bedroom and switched on TV. There was a news report titled "Tragic death of guitar legend" as soon as i saw that picture of Dimebag my heart stopped still.

The article went on to say he was murdered by a mentally ill fan who managed to climb onstage and shoot Dime 3 times in the head.

After your emotions calm down a little bit you start asking the Who, What and mostly the Why? questions. Some facts are easy - a deranged fan storms stage shooting. Other facts like why he did it may never be known. Thankfully a sharp shooting local officer put an end to the rampage before more people were killed. Rumors by acquaintances flew, evidently the man was upset over the breakup of Dime's former band Pantera. Probably the one downfall of stardom is potential for stalking, psycho fans. In the news there are constant incidences of these things, usually harmless, but not this time.

There was another Article written after his death claiming that he was a talentless oaf and deserved to die. To hell with that fucking cunt!

R.I.P Dimebag.
Last edited by Thechainlord on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine
Posts: 9942
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:17 pm
Location: on the corner of nothin' and nowhere

Postby dickwad » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:26 pm

old news, but whatever. the guy who wrote that article is still a huge fucking faggot. it makes me angry that ignorant, know-nothing twats like him are allowed to walk around freely while great people who actually have something to contribute to the world are killed for no fucking reason. why is it always the good guys?

Thechainlord
damaged
damaged
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:05 pm

Postby Thechainlord » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Because they're all really popular and people think by killing them will get some connection between themselves and the famous person.
It get's a connection, but a bad one.
Last edited by Thechainlord on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Astica
divine
divine
Posts: 7366
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:57 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Astica » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:04 am

This whole idea makes me angry, so I'm gonna leave the topic before I start rambling.

Thechainlord
damaged
damaged
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:05 pm

Postby Thechainlord » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:44 am

Lol, i'd seriously shoot that motherfucker Nathan Gale if i ever get the chance.

User avatar
daemon
divine
divine
Posts: 2399
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:13 pm

Postby daemon » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:54 pm

I wouldn't.

I would slowly torture him until he begged for death, then make sure he is good and healthy, then starve him to death.
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine
Posts: 9942
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:17 pm
Location: on the corner of nothin' and nowhere

Postby dickwad » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:46 pm

Thechainlord wrote:Lol, i'd seriously shoot that motherfucker Nathan Gale if i ever get the chance.


dude.. the guy was shot and killed on the night it happened. how could you not know that?

Thechainlord
damaged
damaged
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:05 pm

Postby Thechainlord » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:36 pm

Oh, i think i wrote that wrong
What i ment was wrote:I'd seriously shoot that motherfucker Nathan Gale if i got the chance

Instead of get the chance.

User avatar
Astica
divine
divine
Posts: 7366
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:57 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Astica » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:13 am

lskadfhslkadfh; wrote:
Thechainlord wrote:Lol, i'd seriously shoot that motherfucker Nathan Gale if i ever get the chance.


dude.. the guy was shot and killed on the night it happened. how could you not know that?

Wait...Nathan Gale the guy who wrote the bad article about Dimebag got shot too?

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine
Posts: 9942
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:17 pm
Location: on the corner of nothin' and nowhere

Postby dickwad » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:19 pm

nathan gale was the one who shot and killed dimebag, among other people, before getting mowed down with a shotgun.

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:39 pm

I'll be honest about my opinion here. Nobody should become legendary just because they were murdered/assassinated/suicidal/whatever.

Dimebag, Cobain, Diana, JFK, Lincoln, Heath Ledger, Tupac, none of 'em.

Sure, they all did stuff that indeed would make them famous. Just because they died before their time, they get far more credit than they deserve. Nobody deserves as much credit as they get. Living or dead.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Thechainlord
damaged
damaged
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:05 pm

Postby Thechainlord » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:45 pm

I see your point but what i was trying to do when i wrote this thread is to be more of a...memorial?
Not saying Dimebag is a legend, only because he's dead.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine
Posts: 9942
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:17 pm
Location: on the corner of nothin' and nowhere

Postby dickwad » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:55 pm

dimebag is a legend because he was a beast on guitar. i do agree with you voly, there is way too much hyperbole surrounding dead people. however, some people deserve it more than others.

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:59 pm

Dimebag can be a legend all he wants. He's too much of a legend. He was amazing, sure. I agree with that. Still, too much credit.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

User avatar
Astica
divine
divine
Posts: 7366
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:57 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Astica » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:33 pm

I'd agree with Voly in say, Kurt Cobains case, but everyone still loved Pantera when Dimebag died, and that didnt change afterwards.
At least not here.

User avatar
Guitar_clock
divine
divine
Posts: 11480
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:59 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Postby Guitar_clock » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:21 pm

Voly wrote:Sure, they all did stuff that indeed would make them famous. Just because they died before their time, they get far more credit than they deserve.

Not Stevie Ray Vaughan. :arrow:

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:45 pm

@Ast... You're not getting my point. People loved him when he died. Ok. People loved all those people I mentioned when they died. That's no reason to get THAT much credit. There are people who treat him like God.

How's your faith these days, father? IS THIS WHAT YOU FUCKING CALL GOD?
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Thechainlord
damaged
damaged
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:05 pm

Postby Thechainlord » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:35 pm

He was a god, a god of guitar and what's wrong with looking up to gods?

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:36 pm

You just proved my point. Thank you.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Thechainlord
damaged
damaged
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:05 pm

Postby Thechainlord » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:17 pm

Oh i see, well i didn't look up to Dime after he died, i was always a fan and have always felt the same.

Voly
divine
divine
Posts: 8107
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Ahead of the curve
Contact:

Postby Voly » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:17 am

But now he's forever immortalized in the eyes of people like you. He'll never make any new music, sumbitch is dead. If anything, death should decrease their value.

But what do I know?
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

User avatar
Guitar_clock
divine
divine
Posts: 11480
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:59 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Postby Guitar_clock » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:35 pm

Voly wrote:If anything, death should decrease their value.

Why¿

ƒrosty
divine
divine
Posts: 5909
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:08 pm

Postby ƒrosty » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:02 pm

People love a martyr.
[/somebullshit]

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine
Posts: 9942
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:17 pm
Location: on the corner of nothin' and nowhere

Postby dickwad » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:19 pm

Voly wrote:But now he's forever immortalized in the eyes of people like you. He'll never make any new music, sumbitch is dead. If anything, death should decrease their value.

But what do I know?


nothing. :D

User avatar
Ashreal
divine
divine
Posts: 1837
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:36 am
Location: Apudne te vel me?

Postby Ashreal » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:29 am

Dimebag did some amazing things with his guitar.....didn't he design the one he played?

Best track- This Love, or maybe becoming.
For those that fight for it, life has a flavour that the sheltered will never know.


Return to “Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests