R.I.P Dimebag Darrell

Talk about music, bands, concerts, instruments, etc.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:40 pm

Everyone's not getting what I'm saying, or they're just too thick to read it properly.

He was amazing at guitar. WAY better than most, BUT, there have been, are, and will be people who are better. They don't get as much idolatry because they weren't killed before their time.

They can still play, though. They can make new music, improve their skills, and come up with new techniques for guitar playing.

@GC- ^that. I'm not saying he wasn't hella influential. I'm just saying that he can't really make anything new.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Thechainlord
damaged
damaged

Postby Thechainlord » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:48 pm

Voly i i still can't understand why your complaining.
Dimebag was an awesome guitar player, we all loved him, he died, we still love him.

I don't get you?

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:24 pm

Voly is saying that absence makes the heart grow fonder.
People love a martyr, I'm telling you.
[/somebullshit]

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:45 pm

Thechainlord wrote:Voly i i still can't understand why your complaining.
Dimebag was an awesome guitar player, we all loved him, he died, we still love him.

I don't get you?

well his original point was that death makes people overrated. (which it does)

i've no idea about this bullshit he's spouting now about dead people having no value.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:29 am

They have a value. It just never increases post-mortem. Or at least, SHOULDN'T increase post-mortem.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:05 am

I getcha Voly. But I disagree. Supply goes down, demand goes up, value goes up.

Already famous musician dies, no more new music, craze ensues for already there music.

I do think it's retarded that the majority of these crazed post-death fans weren't pre-death fans, though.
I've got one hand in my pocket

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:45 pm

It's not supply and demand. There are still plenty of Pantera CD's. They should end up being used as coasters, because of their plethoratic existence.

They're not making anything new. It's like if Windows stopped at Windows 3.1. It wouldn't increase in value. Not even a little.

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:02 am

It would to people who cared about it enough. It's like Nintendo. . .Now that there's not any more being sold, people get much more excited about them. (I'm talkin Supers, GBA's. GBC's, ect.)

Whenever I pull out my GBA, people freak out. "Is that a GameBoy? Awesome! What are you playing!?" Back when we were kids, it wasn't that big of a deal.

No shit they're not making any new music. That's why people spaz when a musician dies. Also why I don't get the influx of new fans. If they didn't like the stuff out there, why would they bother getting upset that no more will come?

I understand where you're coming from. I don't see anything wrong with it though.
I've got one hand in my pocket

Chara
damaged
damaged

Postby Chara » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:15 pm

I just seem to find that people over-appreciate past guitar players, instead of focusing on players who are active now-a-days and still shredding like motherfuckers. I could babble but I'll leave it at that, and I'll stop pretending that I actually know stuff about the topic at hand.

some_body
damaged
damaged

Postby some_body » Sat May 09, 2009 6:18 am

Dimebag did some amazing things with his guitar.....didn't he design the one he played?

i think he did
wasnt it like a model of a swastiback or a powerhouse G23
swastiback: youve probly never heard of this guitar but it was disigned by
a texan black metal guitarist named david morgan in the 70's
R.I.P
he was also shot on the way to perform in a black winter concert
right in front of the entrance to the backstage v.i.p room
by an engineer
life scars us all.
some people where them on the outside,
others hide them on the inside,
but no one escapes unscathed.