Spotify

Talk about music, bands, concerts, instruments, etc.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Schnabel von Rom
divine
divine

Spotify

Postby Schnabel von Rom » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:09 pm

I just tried this service, and I absolutely love it already. It's like Pandora, but much better since you can choose which music to listen to. Design and interface is great, and I recommend it to anyone who listens to music on their computer since you can search for artists and listen to most of their music without downloading. Check it out at https://www.spotify.com/en/

If you need an invite connect to quakenet at IRC and joining the #spotify room. Type !invite and the bot will awnser you in a new message window.

Bernie
deformed
deformed

Postby Bernie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:34 am

I go to Playlist.com. They pull through for most artists, even somewhat obscure ones.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:59 pm

I still like Pandora better than both. Pandora works better for some genres than others, though. Also, depends on the person using it.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Bernie
deformed
deformed

Postby Bernie » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:52 am

dammit! i got the invite code an everything, and it tells me "spotify free is not available in my country". I was sick of Playlist.com. Pandora is pretty good though. It certainly gives you more control than most internet radios. (i just checked it out right now for the first time.)

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:07 pm

Hence,
Voly wrote:I still like Pandora better

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Schnabel von Rom
divine
divine

Postby Schnabel von Rom » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:22 pm

How could you (unless you mean Playlist which I have never tried)? It's not like I prefer Spotify because Pandora is not available here ;) Yeah, I'll agree that Pandora suggests music better than Spotify, but Spotify has way more options, and it's a new service and I'm sure that part will improve. Who needs the software to suggest when you can search stuff anyway, and play nearly everything from one artist right away? You also don't need to skip through stuff you don't like, which makes the whole listening experience just like your own mp3 library.

Bernie
deformed
deformed

Postby Bernie » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:00 pm

there is always good ol fashioned piracy, too.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:34 pm

It's hard to find new music through piracy. I download all my music, but I find it through either friends, or websites like Pandora.

Sometimes I check out bands that other bands tour with, also.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:55 pm

it's not hard...
soulseek.
Music over Matter

Bernie
deformed
deformed

Postby Bernie » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:24 pm

playlist.com, with what few (though sometimes many) songs they have, gives you a link to the blog or page that the song was on, and sometimes you can just open the link and "save as" and get the song, after clicking "view site".
whats soulseek?

Return to “Music”