Curious Minds.

Talk about music, bands, concerts, instruments, etc.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Sol
deformed
deformed

Postby Sol » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:19 am

Frosty wrote:He's a pop star, honey. His unholy nature is largely superficial. He's so far outclassed in the unholiness department that he's hardly worth mention.

I agree that the publicity has deemed Manson the "overlord" of all evil (no wait, that was Aliester Crowly; haha), but there have been others who have actually done much worse that aren't well known for their actions.

Examples: Jack The Ripper (which everyone DOES know), The Zodiac Killer, Nannie Doss, Belle Gunness, Marybeth Tinning and so forth. I honestly don't know why I posted all of these serial killer's names, but what I do know they are all very interesting people. :)

(Back To Main Topic): Yeah, Marilyn appears to be a "bad guy," but I'm sure he's pretty ok in person. I'd love to know him personally. haha
"Something beyond the window of her eyes, there is a black whole sucking the life out of me."

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:41 am

Sol wrote:(Back To Main Topic): Yeah, Marilyn appears to be a "bad guy," but I'm sure he's pretty ok in person. I'd love to know him personally. haha

In fact, in an interview he once said he hates people who use a lot of profanity when they're not even angry or upset. (paraphrased)
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Sunshine
divine
divine

Postby Sunshine » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:59 am

Gabe, you left out that one dude who wore peoples skin and had the skulls on his bedposts. Ed summinoranother.
I can't kick monster butts, but I can feed your hungry guts.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:37 pm

gein.

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:50 pm

I don't know what to say. My point has been so far missed I don't even think I'm involved in the conversation so much as observing an irrelevant tirade.

Sol
deformed
deformed

Postby Sol » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:33 pm

Sunshine wrote:Gabe, you left out that one dude who wore peoples skin and had the skulls on his bedposts. Ed summinoranother.

Oh god, how did I forget him?! (I did forget his name though) The guy who wore a nipple belt and cut out women's genitals and wore them as his own.

...Very sick man. How the hell do you make a belt out of human nipples?!
"Something beyond the window of her eyes, there is a black whole sucking the life out of me."

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:51 pm

I'm so with Frosty on this one...

There was a point about a mile back, and you all missed it.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Sunshine
divine
divine

Postby Sunshine » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:19 am

Sol wrote:nipple belt

Worth it.
I can't kick monster butts, but I can feed your hungry guts.

Sol
deformed
deformed

Postby Sol » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:24 am

Voly wrote:I'm so with Frosty on this one...

There was a point about a mile back, and you all missed it.

I knew what Frosty was stating (I think). Manson has a deep hatred for humanity (or at least what he announces), but he isn't exactly evil. He is portrayed to be a bad person/evil, but he has no further facts to prove it. He is just like any one of us (just with an extremely warped view of humanity). I have a dislike for humanity myself, but the differences between him and I is that he gives an opposing appearance to repel (or attract) others and he has a much stronger voice than mine.

I'm sure if you spoke with a major M.M. fan, then they'd be saying he's "the shit," "pure evil," "the one who will guide us out of this hell," "the one who will make us beautiful again." (when I say major fans, I mean the nearly stalkerish; knowing almost everything about the individual... fanatics) There is always another perspective to a conflict; whether one of them, none of them or both of them are correct.

The reason I went down the conversational path of serial killers, was simply because they are the ones who should be known for thier inhumane behaviors. I think that the serial killers of the world should be more famous than any actor or musician. They did something that no sane man/woman would ever to for pleasure or amusement. They sacrificed (others/themselves) to a life of solitude and dark deeds. Not even individuals currently in jail want to be around sick fucks like them.

I mean, look what happened to Jeffrey Dahmer! They brutally stabbed him to death in the cafeteria before he conjured any plans to make mischief within the prison. My point about this subject, is that serial killers become publicized temporarily to disgust the civilians of a nation, then they are tossed aside by most. Musicians and actors are being constantly brought up and remembered for acting foolish with dramatics and non-logical behaviors, while there are those who behaved the same way (but accomplished deeds that will last for eternity).

You can't bring someone back.

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:21 am

Sol wrote:Manson has a deep hatred for humanity

I can't... ah... you aren't... shit, I... ack! This is just lame.
Sol wrote:I knew what Frosty was stating (I think)

No. Manson is a pop star; he's dark for the money. That's respectable enough but he's no exemplar of evil. Actually research the man whose picture I posted, as you should have done to understand my point.

@Everything else
YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Sol
deformed
deformed

Postby Sol » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:43 am

Just, nevermind. Maybe I should just give up now.

NikkiSixxButNot
latency
latency

Postby NikkiSixxButNot » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:27 pm

J-pop?

MMYYYY fave band is Motley Crue.

Alfons
damaged
damaged

Postby Alfons » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:30 am

Oh, as a note, Gein wasn't technically a serial killer.
He'd two confirmed kills.

But, yeah, Manson fake, all that.
Góðan daginn.

Sol
deformed
deformed

Postby Sol » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:37 am

Alfons wrote:But, yeah, Manson fake, all that.

Which Manson are you speaking of there? haha Because Charles Manson is the real shit compared to Marilyn. (I do realize you are speaking of Marilyn)

I realize that Marilyn is fake. That's what I meant about the publicity making him seem like an opposition to the world.

Just drop everything I've said in previous posts.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:58 am

Frosty wrote:Marylin Manson is a message band that is more message than band. I'd be interested to see him try his hand at essays or commentaries not in a dime's effort of industrial screaming.

I don't think they're more message than band. I used to think he was a bit of a wanker, but when we went to see them in Auckland a couple of years ago it was quite obvious that the man and the band were all just making fun of the concept of anyone taking it seriously. It seems to me to be deliberate and self indulgent ranting and angst for the sake of fun.

Its the kids who hang on every word and take that shit seriously that are the problem.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:01 am

LSD yo high doses.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:04 am

Astica wrote:Kids that take shit seriously are [a] problem.

Sol
deformed
deformed

Postby Sol » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:19 am

I'm learning not to be a problem... at least I'm (not) trying.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:53 am

Then don't take MM seriously. He gets rich from kids with mood swings and dark senses of humor. Brilliant, but it's really a dick move.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:11 am

Sol wrote:Just drop everything I've said in previous posts.

you concede far too easily.

Sol
deformed
deformed

Postby Sol » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:33 pm

Well, there wasn't much of a fight in that conversation. Someone must take credit for it, and Frosty made his point much more clearly than mine.

Return to “Music”