Wonder if this goes here or in Video Games

Talk about music, bands, concerts, instruments, etc.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Wonder if this goes here or in Video Games

Postby Davion Fuxa » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:02 am

In terms of music, I think perhaps the most memorable for me has to come from video games. Perhaps because I identify with rhythm much better then words, or just because of just listening to the same thing over and over again.

Anyhow, what do you all think about video game music, and those who make them?

I give due respect to Frank Klepacki - I think just by mentioning the song 'Hell March', most of you should immediately identify just from what video games he scored.

There is also other video game music I like, though I never really got to know the composers for other games. Final Fantasy had a fairly memorable song, was a simple melody.
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:59 am

Nobuo Uematsu is the obvious choice. He wrote all the final fantasy soundtracks. Well, most, anyway.

Also Motoi Sakuraba. I have the music from Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria on my iPod, its so sad and yet wonderful. I'd say the context helps a lot though.

Davion Fuxa
divine
divine

Postby Davion Fuxa » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:50 pm

I haven't actually listened to any of the music from games for this guy, but rather from the anime Berserk. He has however made OST's for the playstation version of the game, so I'll note him here.

Susumu Hirasawa
Its amazing what the mind can come up with, but it shows talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

Chara
damaged
damaged

Postby Chara » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:53 am

The second Otogi game had a beautiful finishing song. All I know is that the song is called Voice and that is by an obscure artist called DoRe who I've never been able to find any information about.

DoRe: Voice
An experiment with existence is showing up anomalies
You see the day dissolve into the morrow
And the slow growing of your second skin
Adrenaline begins in the marrow and then intoxicates your oxygen

Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass

Postby Spaced Ape » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:23 am

The score for Super Mario 64 never gets tiring, and the ending theme is still one of my favorite songs.

Most other games I don't really pay much attention to the music. I think
Nobuo Uematsu is good, but way too overhyped as he's really just a fairly decent composer who happens to make music for games. But I may be biased because I don't care for most Final Fantasy's.
Is there a promised land
Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?
Are the streets paved with gold
Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?
DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

Return to “Music”